To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Berahino

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Berahino

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Is this guy on many people's radar? I don't see a lot of mention of him on this board, with a lot seemingly sticking with Austin/Giroud, alongside the normal Kane & Aguero combo.

I'm looking at potentially bringing him in right up until GW34, before I wildcard. His run of fixtures until then looks pretty promising:

Stoke (h)
Man City (a) - not great of course but they are conceding goals
QPR (h)
Leicester (h)
Palace (a)

Austin's fixtures look tougher than that, and with him blanking in GW33 he would cost me an extra transfer.

Anyone bringing/keeping him in?
Is it fitness putting people off? He always seems to be a doubt but then plays anyway.

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Berahino

Post by Notned »

Bobby Chopps wrote:Is this guy on many people's radar? I don't see a lot of mention of him on this board, with a lot seemingly sticking with Austin/Giroud, alongside the normal Kane & Aguero combo.

I'm looking at potentially bringing him in right up until GW34, before I wildcard. His run of fixtures until then looks pretty promising:

Stoke (h)
Man City (a) - not great of course but they are conceding goals
QPR (h)
Leicester (h)
Palace (a)

Austin's fixtures look tougher than that, and with him blanking in GW33 he would cost me an extra transfer.

Anyone bringing/keeping him in?
Is it fitness putting people off? He always seems to be a doubt but then plays anyway.
Could be a really good differential if he continues in the same vein of form, especially with those upcoming fixtures. Not sure how he fits into most teams though, with the form of Kane and the upcoming double of Austin in a similar price bracket.

Like you however, I think I would be inclined to take a punt on him over Austin were I going to go that way. For now though my Aguero/ Giroud/ Kane forward line is pretty much set in stone.
Last edited by Notned on 13 Mar 2015, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Yeah I agree there's probably little point in many switching Austin out for him. But for those of us with neither, I think the fixtures swing it for me. And the fact that I don't have to prepare for the doubles.

Just hope he doesn't end up failing his "late fitness test" tomorrow! I think Pulis likes to keep people guessing and probably knows full well that he's fit enough to play. At least I hope so.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Bobby Chopps wrote:Yeah I agree there's probably little point in many switching Austin out for him. But for those of us with neither, I think the fixtures swing it for me. And the fact that I don't have to prepare for the doubles.

Just hope he doesn't end up failing his "late fitness test" tomorrow! I think Pulis likes to keep people guessing and probably knows full well that he's fit enough to play. At least I hope so.
Agreed. Were I making a straight choice between bringing in him or Austin, I would edge toward Berahino.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I'm on a routine aguero, giroud, Kane. Berahino in for Giroud would be a really good option except I will probably want Costa or maybe even Sturbridge soon and aguero and Kane aren't going anywhere.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

DanCaek wrote:I'm on a routine aguero, giroud, Kane. Berahino in for Giroud would be a really good option except I will probably want Costa or maybe even Sturbridge soon and aguero and Kane aren't going anywhere.
Similar thoughts to me, although I will be reluctant to get rid of Giroud when the time comes. He is looking really good this season, and seems to suit their system perfectly.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Appears to be back in the team now. Dropped to 6.3m and West Brom fixtures are decent. Anyone tempted?

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Tempting indeed. He'll want to shine again after his transfer saga.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

I am longterm planning on getting him in on GW17, when WBA start a good run of fixtures . . .

. . . and hoping he will increase in price at the prospect after being bought by a team with a more attacking intent (although I doubt if Spurs are still in the frame as buyers!) in the January transfer window.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Curmudgeon wrote:I am longterm planning on getting him in on GW17, when WBA start a good run of fixtures . . .

. . . and hoping he will increase in price at the prospect after being bought by a team with a more attacking intent (although I doubt if Spurs are still in the frame as buyers!) in the January transfer window.
GW 17 jeeez your thinking ahead. I often do 5-6 GW but not planning ahead my transfer in 10 weeks.

Can't see Lambert starting too many so i think Berahino could be worth a shot

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

cesc408 wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:I am longterm planning on getting him in on GW17, when WBA start a good run of fixtures . . .

GW 17 jeeez your thinking ahead. I often do 5-6 GW but not planning ahead my transfer in 10 weeks.

Can't see Lambert starting too many so i think Berahino could be worth a shot
Yeah, well, at my age it's better to have my plans well established in case the dementia worsens. :?

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

He is down to 6.2 now. Keeping a close eye on him . Could be a nice replacement for Wilson on Gameweek 9 :D

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I rate Berahino as a goalscorer with penalties, great next five fixtures, and Everton may have some defenders out; however I've gone for Rondón as he's much more likely to lead the time and play more minutes whereas Berahino can be shifted out to the wing. 6.2m is a good price though.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Well folks I am declaring my interest in him. Assemble the media.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

math! wrote:Well folks I am declaring my interest in him. Assemble the media.
Yep. My Wilson replacement dilemma is now a battle between Vardy, Berahino and Diouf. Probably veering toward the former two. Could do with making my mind up tonight, particulalry if I decide to go for Vardy, before any more price changes..

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Nevermind. Didn't realize this post was from last year. Carry on.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Do we know why he was subbed at HT yesterday? Didn't appear to be injury related.
I went for him rather than Vardy and not too pleased with that decision now!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

OIEIAO wrote:Do we know why he was subbed at HT yesterday? Didn't appear to be injury related.
In the game it looked like Brunt needed a bit more protection from Zaha down the left (where Berahino was playing).

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

Mav3rick wrote:
OIEIAO wrote:Do we know why he was subbed at HT yesterday? Didn't appear to be injury related.
In the game it looked like Brunt needed a bit more protection from Zaha down the left (where Berahino was playing).
Yep, it was tactical. Berahino didn't work hard enough and Pulis wanted more protection for Brunt.

Berahino is an interesting one. At home, I think Pulis is happier to play him and I can see him getting good returns. But away matches are a different matter as Pulis likes to set his team up more defensively. My guess is that Pulis was sending out a message to him yesterday that he wants more from him. He'll probably continue to start in away matches in the short term, but not as a striker. However, if he doesn't put the hard work in he'll probably get benched for a midfielder. That has to be a concern.

phantomscythe
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL record (9 seasons): Best - 179 / Worst - 28,419; *2x FISO 5AS Champ; *Conference H2H Champ

Post by phantomscythe »

I took the same option, but i'm not overly concerned as i'm sure he'll provide some returns over the next 3 game weeks (or at least i hope so).

It's frustrating to see him being played out of position on the wing and then to be hooked. Like the commentary team i thought it would have made more sense for Rondon to be removed and Berahino move up top to give them an outlet. I'm hoping the insipid display encourages Pulis to play him up front in a more attacking formation next game.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Pulis must have been making a point, as Rondon had not trained all week with a leg injury, and as it transpired, he offered nothing for 90 minutes.

I wonder if Pulis learned more than Saido did?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Rondón likely did the job he was asked to, he intercepted or cleared the ball 3 times from inside WBA's box; going forward he has little or no support or service. Berahino made no tackles, no interceptions, and no clearances. As Mav pointed out, Berahino was taken off to give Brunt more protection.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Yeah, I think Pulis left Rondon on mainly to act as defensive cover for his ailing centre halves. :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Curmudgeon wrote:Yeah, I think Pulis left Rondon on mainly to act as defensive cover for his ailing centre halves. :roll:
I watched the second half and the latter part of the first: and that certainly seemed to be the case. Absolutely no attacking intentions at all.....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”