To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Remember him?.. Sigurðsson's back.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Remember him?.. Sigurðsson's back.

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

He's only 6.5m and is an international superstar that plays #10 for a top half team, and takes most of their set pieces, is much more of an explanation needed?

Don't forget it. :)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Remember him?.. Sigurðsson's back.

Post by From4corners »

Thanks for the kind reminder :P 8-)

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who's been looking at him.

Dare I say it but get over yourself.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

You will be telling us to monitor Sanchez next :lol:

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Yes.

Most have now accumulated enough money in their banks to have 4 premium midfielders + (Aguero Kane Costa).

Is Sigurdsson good enough to be selected as one of the top 4 midfielders, irrespective of price? It's highly debatable. No, in my opinion.

He is a good pick for the ones who do not have the money for 4 premium midfielders, though.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

:lol: - DR, I'm very hard to get over. :wink:

I'm sure people are, it's just a friendly reminder, as I've always been a big fan and I do feel a couple of people have forgotten quite how good he is.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

baganboy wrote: Most have now accumulated enough money in their banks to have 4 premium midfielders + (Aguero Kane Costa).
My apologies for making a wild assumption.
I have.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Thanks for the heads up :D

Who's he play for again?

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Iceland

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Must have for the Kazakhstan Estonia DGW. :lol:

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

international superstar
I like Sigurdsson but isn't that a big strong? :lol:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

asm_fanz wrote:
international superstar
I like Sigurdsson but isn't that a big strong? :lol:
Well there is the French fan base. :wink:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Do we think he's preferable to Mané? Same price point, so warrants a comparison.

Libero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO Prime Minister 2015; Decathlon Gold 2016, 2019

Post by Libero »

MPTree wrote:Do we think he's preferable to Mané? Same price point, so warrants a comparison.
Exactly what I was thinking. After the next gameweek, they both have tasty fixtures. Unfortunately, they both have unappealing strikers in front of them: Gomis with his fainting problem and Pelle with his failing problem.

d_manager
Treebeard

Post by d_manager »

I've been considering bringing him back in these last few days but seem more hesitant as no one seems to be talking abt him. Thinking of going with a 5 man midfield by upgrading Boyd to Siggy (Sanchez, Hazard, Siggy, Eriksen, Cazorla) and ditch my Diego Costa plan. then i only have space for 2 in attack. Aguero always plays ofc then I'd have Kane and probably replace Austin with Berahinho for his next few good fixtures.

I like this plan a lot but the problem I see with it is that I'm going to have to be benching 1 player out of my front 8 every week and there is no obvious choice. Sanchez, Hazard, Cazorla can never be benched. Eriksen and Siggy can't really be benched with their upcoming fixtures if I have them in my team. which leaves me with deciding between Kane and Berahino :/ having said that, they seem to rotate well in the next 3 weeks but i'm not convinced abt playing the striker with the easy home fixture in favour of the tough away fixture. Kane especially seems to be the player you have to play irrelevant of the fixture. meh quite confused

Maradona_Is_God
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Maradona_Is_God »

Is Siggy a better pick than Henderson for the rest of the season?

When I brought back Costa after his ban, I had to downgrade my 4th mid to either Siggy, Henderson or Downing to fund it. I went with Henderson as I believe Siggy had a hamstring injury at the team, obviously no regrets so far with his 2,9,14 points, but worried he will be playing deeper when Gerrard returns to the team.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Siggy doesn't fit my structure right now but could easily come in if I want to move money out of midfield.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

DanCaek wrote:Siggy doesn't fit my structure right now but could easily come in if I want to move money out of midfield.
Yes he's a potential route to Giroud -> Costa if that starts to look like an attractive move.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

thesilkworm wrote:
DanCaek wrote:Siggy doesn't fit my structure right now but could easily come in if I want to move money out of midfield.
Yes he's a potential route to Giroud -> Costa if that starts to look like an attractive move.
Agreed on both points.

Current structure is 4 big mids and Aguero/Giroud/Kane up top. If I decide at any point Costa is warranted over Giroud (likely for the dgw at least), Siggy will most likely be my method of affording him.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

How do people feel about downing v sig? Despite recent fixtures and the expected poor returns, downing is still right up there and the fixtures are looking good after the next match. I ditched him for recent fixtures, but there is an awfully strong correlation between his points and fixture...

It's generally the sort of direction I try to avoid going in, as the rotation leads to frustration, but making these 2 the 4th and 5th midfielders, with Kane and someone like Berahino alongside aguero looks really strong and leaves plenty of cash for the back line. Do you think this could be a good template to move towards to make use of the value on offer?

Jack72
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maxi Muscle FF - 1st (October MOTM) . , TFF Weekender - 1st (Week 13) , Championship FF - 34th. WC 2014 TFF - 27th

Post by Jack72 »

I've got both Downing and Siggy

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

DanCaek wrote:How do people feel about downing v sig? Despite recent fixtures and the expected poor returns, downing is still right up there and the fixtures are looking good after the next match. I ditched him for recent fixtures, but there is an awfully strong correlation between his points and fixture...

It's generally the sort of direction I try to avoid going in, as the rotation leads to frustration, but making these 2 the 4th and 5th midfielders, with Kane and someone like Berahino alongside aguero looks really strong and leaves plenty of cash for the back line. Do you think this could be a good template to move towards to make use of the value on offer?
I don't think so really, having to bench one of those players will lead to frustration and spreading the cash around will cause issues when trying to get expensive players in for the upcoming DGWs.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

on my radar too to replace santi and help fund costa. im also looking at ki too. just 5.1 and has an eye for goal too. will wait and see how they get on this week before i make my move.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Must have for the Kazakhstan Estonia DGW. :lol:
Sigurðsson vs Kazakhstan

Appearance 2 pts
Assist 3 pts
Clean sheet 1 pt
Bonus 1 pt.

Great news. :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts