To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FA Cup QF/SF ↔ Blank/Double GW potential GW33►34

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FA Cup QF/SF ↔ Blank/Double GW potential GW33►34

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

I think if anything it shows that GW34 is not a certainty for mass doubles, saying that, 3 from Villa and 3 from QPR is now my new plan...

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I think FPL are taking sympathy with those who got Austin in for the last DGW. :wink:

To be honest, I can't see the big appeal, only Arsenal, Liverpool and Stoke have tough fixtures that week. Giroud I'm likely losing anyway for Costa, Sánchez will just play, and Moses and Wollscheid will take the bench. I don't think Benteke (mun,QPR) or Austin (wba, vil) is likely to be worth even a hit over Costa (STK), Kane (bur), or Agüero (cry), and I don't really see any other attackers or defenders as particularly appealing, Matt Phillips maybe, but you buy him as a bargain rather than to exploit DGWs.

QPR are rubbish, and Villa play United away. Who are the appealing picks, and which players would you take out?
Last edited by Carlos Kickaball on 17 Mar 2015, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

I think it's safe to say that very few will be looking at Villa or QPR players to bring in but a lot of people have been making plans for GW34 and this news should alert people to the possibility that all those plans could easily become worthless.

I wonder if Arsenal will be added to 31 if Monaco go through tonight, the tickets for the game have already been selling so that's not an issue.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Austin like QPR is much better at home, it's almost chalk and cheese, maybe not quite that stark in Austin's case as he scored a pen at the Emirates but really do need home fixtures not away.

DR's point about Arsenal is a good one and i for one would welcome that development, may even still have Bellerin in gwk31.

Foster to Guzan possible for some?
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 17 Mar 2015, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Why are you two even discussing players?

Am I on your ignore list and you are both ignoring the fact that this double has come out of nowhere and the fixture actually brought forward?

The theory that 34 and 37 are the only available weeks is clearly wrong.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

The Ignore List is a joke, it still tells you people have posted and humans are just too inquisitive to not look what they said. That said, they are just discussing the topic.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Too quick for me DR you made a good point well worthy of notice.

I think it illustrates the dangers of planning on the most likely but as yet unconfirmed dates, especially when they are weeks off.

On the Alderweireld thread yesterday, posters were thinking is he right for my team with the dgw planning in place, but with weeks to go and now gwk31 a possibility it shows just how it could be costly to not take opportunities now for the next few weeks.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 17 Mar 2015, 15:18, edited 2 times in total.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

:lol: - No you're not on my ignore list, I think it's pretty pointless to ignore someones posts on the basis that they once disagreed with you or called you a name, and almost everyone makes good points on here.

I see what you're saying, that the so called DGW megabash that we've been anticipating could be a damp squib. Arsenal and Chelsea are the main draws for the DGW and if Arsenal aren't in it, everyone will just buy three Chelsea as the don't have a blank and easily bench other doublers. If Liverpool end up being week 37 it will be an almost non event.

Would be great if the Arsenal double was week 31 as someone with Sánchez and Giroud already. :)

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

I would love Arsenal to be in 31, Chelsea in 34 (as it is) and Liverpool in 37 to see how Finisher1 copes with the fact that his WC is no longer the Scud missile he keeps telling everyone it is.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

The one thing I hate about double game weeks, is it becomes less about buying and keeping players you rate, and more about jumping on anyone half decent who has a DGW, the more there are, the more this will be the case.

At least we all have to deal with it, and it will advantage those who have kept good players.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Yes, they are a pain in the you know what that's for sure.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:I think it's safe to say that very few will be looking at Villa or QPR players to bring in but a lot of people have been making plans for GW34 and this news should alert people to the possibility that all those plans could easily become worthless.
On the contrary - I think this is great news for those wildcarding in GW34 (assuming Liverpool and Arsenal get GW34 too). Austin was imo the only one from either Villa and QPR that was even vaguely worthy of consideration for DGW34 anyway. With Austin gone it's now got to be three from Aguero/Sturridge/Giroud/Costa for DGW34 if possible, but that will be very difficult to attain for non-wildcarders since the easy and cheap Kane -> Austin transfer has gone. A lot of money reallocation may be needed. :)

Swapping out Giroud for Austin in DGW31 and gaining a few 0.1m's before switching to Costa for GW32 looks a fairly nice plan for many people in the short term, even if it does come at the cost of a transfer that could have been spent on a better GW33 player. Although if you don't have a wildcard transferring out a player with a double in GW34 may not be the best plan depending on individual situation, so maybe this would mean keeping Giroud all the way through.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Stemania wrote:On the contrary - I think this is great news for those wildcarding in GW34
:lol: :roll:

Never planned to buy Austin anyway.

I asked the major political parties what they thought of this news.

Labour say it's good news for Labour
Tories say it's good news for the Conservatives
Liberals say it demonstrates the coalition was the right thing to do
UKIP say it would have been better if we weren't in Europe
SNP says it shows how an independent Scotland would be prosperous
The Greens wan't to know why anyone didn't ask them
Last edited by Carlos Kickaball on 17 Mar 2015, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Your post is based on the assumption that they get 34, today's news has just told us that assumption is worthless.

We could have a scenario where you just hop on and hop off the key players.

All planning is off, will wait till dates are confirmed, I have a decent base to build on.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Stemania wrote:
Douglas Reynholm wrote:I think it's safe to say that very few will be looking at Villa or QPR players to bring in but a lot of people have been making plans for GW34 and this news should alert people to the possibility that all those plans could easily become worthless.
On the contrary - I think this is great news for those wildcarding in GW34 (assuming Liverpool and Arsenal get GW34 too). Austin was imo the only one from either Villa and QPR that was even vaguely worthy of consideration for DGW34 anyway. With Austin gone it's now got to be three from Aguero/Sturridge/Giroud/Costa for DGW34 if possible, but that will be very difficult to attain for non-wildcarders since the easy and cheap Kane -> Austin transfer has gone. A lot of money reallocation may be needed. :)

Swapping out Giroud for Austin in DGW31 and gaining a few 0.1m's before switching to Costa for GW32 looks a fairly nice plan for many people in the short term, even if it does come at the cost of a transfer that could have been spent on a better GW33 player. Although if you don't have a wildcard transferring out a player with a double in GW34 may not be the best plan depending on individual situation, so maybe this would mean keeping Giroud all the way through.
It really doesn't have to be three from Aguero, Giroud, Costa and Sturridge. I may well go with JT, Ivan and Hazard in a 4-4-2 as with Giroud (and Kane benched) it seems an attractive option.

The assumption that Arsenal and Liverpool will have a dgw34 also is now not as safe and could easily now be wrong.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 17 Mar 2015, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:Your post is based on the assumption that they get 34, today's news has just told us that assumption is worthless.
Yes, that's why I put in brackets ''assuming Liverpool and Arsenal get GW34 too''. :wink:

There always has been a chance Liverpool may get GW37 instead, and this is something I'm really rooting against - GW31 is not possible for them though so they are not affected by this news. If Arsenal for some reason get GW31 then everything changes I agree.
Douglas Reynholm wrote: All planning is off, will wait till dates are confirmed, I have a decent base to build on.
This is kindof the point - the less planning that's possible beforehand the more powerful the wildcard will be. For the record, I really hope you (and CK) manage to manouvre your way through it all successfully, but chaos is good in terms of my (and all wildcarders) aspirations in competing against the whole bulk of the top 10k if a full DG34 does come to fruition.
liquidfootball2 wrote: It really doesn't have to be three from Aguero, Giroud, Costa and Sturridge. I may well go with JT, Ivan and Hazard in a 4-4-2 as with Giroud (and Kane benched) it seems an attractive option.
Yes, that's a possibility, but presumably Austin would have been in there if it weren't for this news?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

No, Austin was in my thoughts but just a possible rather than probable, all my latest drafts ommited him.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Chaos would be bad for everyone. I would have though generally wildcarders would want a predictable set of fixtures, with lots of good DGW options on top of the three Chelsea everyone will already have. I'm sure you realise a wildcard can only be used once. Non wildcarders will want a predictable set of fixtures so they can start benching and transferring around blanks, but not be as worried about all the DGW being at the same time.

I see the Villa and QPR news as pretty irrelevant of itself, perhaps a little shot in the arm to Austin owners, but tells us that it could be more unpredictable than we first thought as DR pointed out.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Temporary chaos is good so long as it all works out in the end in terms of double dates. :wink:

As I mentioned, it's only the date of the potential Arsenal double that may now have been put into question - Liverpool couldn't play GW31 anyway. If the Arsenal game is moved to GW31 then that probably is bad news for wildcarders in general (but not actually for me as I would have fluked owning three Arsenal and two Sunderland players at exactly the right moment!). But on the other hand, it's probably not the owning of Arsenal players for GW34 that would have been an issue for non-wildcarders as they are so well owned already - it would have been that third expensive Chelsea player and those from Liverpool.

Sturridge is going to be the really interesting one imo. If he gets fully fit and up and running again he could become a game changer in a double (whenever that might be).

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

I'm not sure how chaotic things can be if they are spread out, most own 2 Chelsea and 2 Arsenal already so adding one more of each won't be difficult and neither will be adding 3 Liverpool if it's in 37, the real headache is if it's all at once.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Well, yes. I think it's fair to say those with a wildcard would much rather the DGWs were bunched. But by chaos I don't mean the double are spread out, I mean we don't know when they'll be so not many preparatory transfers can be made.

Note: by non-wildcarders I generally mean those in the top 10k without a wildcard, not those without a wildcard who are good planners like many on FISO (it may be good news for them too). The good planners on FISO do not represent the bulk of the 10k as a whole.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Stemania wrote:Well, yes. I think it's fair to say those with a wildcard would much rather the DGWs were bunched. But by chaos I don't mean the double are spread out, I mean we don't know when they'll be so not many preparatory transfers can be made.

Note: by non-wildcarders I generally mean those in the top 10k without a wildcard, not those without a wildcard who are good planners like many on FISO (it may be good news for them too). The good planners on FISO do not represent the bulk of the 10k as a whole.
Surely a lot in the top 10k and higher without a wildcard are more likely to be reasonable if not good planners than the opposite.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Let's face it, nobody was on the edge of their seat waiting for the Villa QPR game to be announced. For me, it makes it a lot easier. This week's transfer will now be Foster :arrow: Green or Guzan and I'll keep Austin for two more weeks.

If Arsenal is DGW31 then I have 3 Gooners anyway.
GW32 and 33's transfers will now be to get rid of Austin and Guzan/Green to get 11 out for 33.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

liquidfootball2 wrote: Surely a lot in the top 10k and higher without a wildcard are more likely to be reasonable if not good planners than the opposite.
I would guess ffs does most of the planning for most people these days. :lol:

Anyway, sorry if I've seemed a bit argumentative today - I will for the second time today blame the horrendous jetlag. 8-) :oops:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

wow,
in the previous DGW thread related to LC (which I DID link to in the OP),
it had been discussed the chance that fixtures could be moved forward instead of postponed.
It had been reported that there are precedents indeed, but it's a much rarer occurrence.

I of course only reported what others posted, as I have myself no memory or historical knowledge about PL & FA habits.
GW34 & 37 were the only available free GW, unless they wanted to bring a match forward to GW31
going by the majority of brit posters here, I understood that was very unlikely

and anyway my contribution is to provide a visual summary of the situation, for anyone to draw his own conclusions with his own mind (as maddocio did indeed).
and in my table GW31 has always been shaded in light green (sorry for the colour-blind)
AND the GW34 double matches were not in bold yet, and clearly marked (tbc)

LEI-CHE match itself scheduled for GW34 caught all by surprise, as we were all expecting GW31
(and FA could also have waited that LEI got out of FAC to schedule it in GW28 just as they did witrh QPR-TOT)

So, can ARS-SUN get brought forward to GW31 too? Sunderland play on sunday 5th (Easter), while in GW32 they're both scheduled for saturday 11th atm

anyway, table update as of now (no news abot ARS-SUN new date on arsenal site)
FPL DGW preview - FACup.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Yes MoSe Arsenal's match could now be brought forward as DR posted so Arsenal in gwk31 or gwk34 and Liverpool probably gwk34 or gwk37.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I wish they'd just get on with it and announce the Arsenal match. GW31 would be perfect. :)

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

sorry in haste I used the wrong verb. :oops:
Of course I knew it can. :mrgreen: (in italian we have one same verb for can and may)
  • liquidfootball2 wrote:could now be brought forward
    It always could, in theory, not just now.
    It was just very unlikely because of the rare precedents.
    • as DR posted
      and I have him on ignore :lol:
What I meant was: can we expect it? Is it more likely now? :mrgreen:

If they move Ars double forward, and then Liv crash at Blackburn, they'll remain with just one match midweek GW34 when they could have broadcast another one on Tue 28th

Besides, as Sunderland play on Sun Apr 5th and Sat 11th, this leaves only Wed Apr 8th (or it'd be mere 2 days away from either match), the same day as the Liverpool replay.... would FA/Sky/BT want it? or would they shift one of the weekend matches one day earlier/later?
Last edited by MoSe on 17 Mar 2015, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

we will know by friday if arsenal dgwk 31 will happen. wednesday 8th april seems likely now with sunderland playing on sunday. they will probably announce it 2moro or thursday after the european game is over. if so then i guess santi,bellerin and sanchez will stay. was planning on selling all 3 by the next gwk.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I wish they'd just get on with it and announce the Arsenal match. GW31 would be perfect. :)
No it would be annoying (for me). :) GW34 if you please.

Speaking of 'Ignoring', I don't use any list, I automatically ignore when I see the most unnecessarily long list of nonsense used to deconstruct the most minor of points. No names mentioned, but my eyes are used to it. Don't even have to read it! Bliss.

So Villa v QPR is early? That changes very little considering the quality of those team's FPL assets / fixtures, that week, in my opinion.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”