To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The FPL Press Conference News Nugget Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: The FPL Press Conference News Nugget Thread

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Have you already forgotten Mav?... Just don't tell everyone. :lol: :wink:

No to Coutinho on pens, and a striker will be signed over summer.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:I'm sure they could give Nugent a game without it affecting their team too much. Would be yet another kick in the DGW teeth following on from Schlupp, Moreno, Remy and Bruce. I bet RobinWrite has fielded them all this week.
Whatever they do, they are going to field best possible team.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Finisher1 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I'm sure they could give Nugent a game without it affecting their team too much. Would be yet another kick in the DGW teeth following on from Schlupp, Moreno, Remy and Bruce. I bet RobinWrite has fielded them all this week.
Whatever they do, they are going to field best possible team.
And still get mauled

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Speaking of press conferences, has anyone seen Nigel Pearson's post-match rant at a journalist?

He honestly reminds me of my headteacher when I was at school.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

um09a2k wrote:Speaking of press conferences, has anyone seen Nigel Pearson's post-match rant at a journalist?

He honestly reminds me of my headteacher when I was at school.
The guy's an absolute weirdo what is all that about?

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I haven't seen it, but heard he called the guy an "ostrich". That's just bizarre.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

There was a Sunday evening a couple of months ago when for 4 hours or so 'Sky Sources' were reporting that Pearson had been sacked.It got the full 'all across this breaking story' treatment of reporter at ground,inside man at emergency meeting and Sky dolly having orgasms.

Pearson would not be human if he was not upset by this.Surely he has every right to be surly with certain reporters,particularly those that were in on this,and now act as though rumours and misreporting never happened.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

El Tel of Ealing wrote:There was a Sunday evening a couple of months ago when for 4 hours or so 'Sky Sources' were reporting that Pearson had been sacked.It got the full 'all across this breaking story' treatment of reporter at ground,inside man at emergency meeting and Sky dolly having orgasms.

Pearson would not be human if he was not upset by this.Surely he has every right to be surly with certain reporters,particularly those that were in on this,and now act as though rumours and misreporting never happened.
Not certain that it was mis-reporting. It appeared at the time that one element of the family now controlling the club did actually sack Pearson, but later that night, the "boss man" over-ruled the decision.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

...and that wasn't what the reporter mentioned. It was about negativity / criticism of the team.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Press conference is tomorrow AM but expect Rodgers to report that Lucas and Moreno are training and available. (Flanagan had to have another op though :( )

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

El Tel of Ealing wrote:There was a Sunday evening a couple of months ago when for 4 hours or so 'Sky Sources' were reporting that Pearson had been sacked.It got the full 'all across this breaking story' treatment of reporter at ground,inside man at emergency meeting and Sky dolly having orgasms.

All valid points, but the reporter doesn't work for Sky.

Pearson has apologised to him in today's press conference.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by moonlightdribbler »

Nigel Pearson goes from bully PE teacher to naughty little schoolboy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qbr98

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Liverpool stuff:
Balotelli out with a foot injury and Moreno "should be ok" for the weekend.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

moonlightdribbler wrote:Nigel Pearson goes from bully PE teacher to naughty little schoolboy.
I think that's being kind - I'd describe him as passive-aggressive idiot/psycho.

On Sunday Supplement last week Neil Ashton described him as 'not popular with the media'. Not hard to see why...

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Red Eye wrote:
moonlightdribbler wrote:Nigel Pearson goes from bully PE teacher to naughty little schoolboy.
I think that's being kind - I'd describe him as passive-aggressive idiot/psycho.

On Sunday Supplement last week Neil Ashton described him as 'not popular with the media'. Not hard to see why...
It'll be essential viewing this weekend, Pearson doesn't appear to have a perception of how other people might see him.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Press: "Will Diego Costa be back?"

Mourinho: "Definitely not....if we win Sunday he doesn't play against Liverpool"

"If we don't need him he probably doesn't play again [this season]"

"Remy definitely back this weekend"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate you Jose.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Stemania wrote:Press: "Will Diego Coast be back?"

Mourinho: "Definitely not....if we win Sunday he doesn't play against Liverpool"

"If we don't need him he probably doesn't play again [this season]"

"Remy definitely back this weekend"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate you Jose.
Dear God.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I decided to keep Rémy in last night as I didn't really need the 0.1m, thought it might be worth hearing the press conferences. Mourinho also said that Costa might not play of the rest of the season.

It still gives me a decision to make, and part of the problem is I don't 100% trust Mourinho!
Last edited by Carlos Kickaball on 01 May 2015, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

It might just mean Remy on the bench.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I realise that...

and it might mean Costa was a great option for last weeks DGW. :wink:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I transferred Remy out early, but still think it's the right decision even in light of this new info. We can't trust Mourinho, as you say CK, and I would have had to make the swap to Giroud sooner or later anyway.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Yep despite waiting, I am still uncertain as to exactly what I'll decide. No guarantees on most players starting really.

I am leaning towards keeping Rémy in the hope that he starts, as to me it would seem very likely, but it's as much to do with keeping my options open, as it is to do with Rémy's marginally higher chance of scoring if he does start.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

I am aware that the stringer Pearson insulted works for an agency and is thus able to be our man at the game for both The Express and the BBC,those 2 high water marks in sports journalism.Pearson spoke of the players surmounting criticism of 'us' before the reporter fielded his silly questions specifically about criticism of the players.
Pearson has confused and amazed me with his tactics,team selection and transfer dealings this season and has clearly annoyed some fans and journalists by sticking to his guns.The BBC sending Pat Murphy to discomfort Pearson further is cheap and unnecessary and more evidence to my mind that the Midlands press mafia want him out.This is presumably because he does not spoonfeed them bollox a la Rodgers and does not suffer fools gladly.
Unfortunately the press mafia,as ever,will win.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Hi Nigel.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Hi.Apology given,apology accepted,end of.So what is that shite-stirring,publicity seeking,self-important Pat Murphy hoping to achieve other than make my position untenable?

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

YYT will miss out for City.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

MPTree wrote:YYT will miss out for City.
Source? And more importantly, if true, what effect do we think it will have on Silva and Aguero

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

It feels bad to be satisfied by anyone's injury, but it is good news that Balotelli is out of Liverpool squad since he personally ruined Liverpool midfield DGW.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

ctibbits wrote:
MPTree wrote:YYT will miss out for City.
Source? And more importantly, if true, what effect do we think it will have on Silva and Aguero
Here ya go:
https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/594110732775591936

At the very least, it perhaps tips the captaincy decision a little more in favour of Hazard this week.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Not sure about that finisher1, Coutinho had the most shots, and joint most on target shots, of any player in the DGW. His owners were just unfortunate. Even Henderson had the third most on target shots (behind N'Doye and Coutinho).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”