To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Costa?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Costa or not?

Poll ended at 21 Feb 2015, 09:25

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 39

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: Costa?

Post by eastcentral1 »

There was never any doubt of Silva's place in the team, only his fitness. Right now that's not the same for Ramsey.

That said, if it wasn't for Eriksen's good fixture this week, I'd be considering Ramsey.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

eastcentral1 wrote:There was never any doubt of Silva's place in the team, only his fitness. Right now that's not the same for Ramsey.

That said, if it wasn't for Eriksen's good fixture this week, I'd be considering Ramsey.

Good point but he recommends Mane in his place who is not also guaranteed of his place so the point he's making is slightly confused.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm happy to ignore Mane and just say that Siggy is a much more sensible transfer in atm than Ramsey if that makes you feel better. :wink:

I don't for the record think Siggy is a dead cert for points either, but getting Ramsey now seems an extremely strange and unnecessarily risky move to consider, especially given his upcoming blank and lack of guaranteed gametime.

Austin and Silva, as mentioned above, were both nailed on so are not comparable as transfer considerations.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:It's always gonna be about a wildcard when you pop your head in, get used to it, figured out when to get the maximum scud missile power out of it yet? Triple GW39, maybe roll it over for next year :lol:
I think you are not far from getting banned, mate :roll:

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Oh dear, this is all very pathetic :(
Says the man responsible for this

stc-rmt-2014-2015-t111023.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

I just scroll through it all.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Posts removed.

Please keep thread on topic and please ensure replies do not breach T&Cs and Etiquette.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Stem - you've talked me out of the Ramsey transfer and I've gone for the much more boring (but safer) Hutton :arrow: Upson instead.

I now have the luxury of being able to see 3 more price rises for Costa and still being able to afford him. :D :wink:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I'm probably going Sanchez to Siggy after this week, and leaving Costa until before 32 or 33 dependant on the yellow cards.

He's capable of picking up two yellows in two games and a two match ban after bringing him in would be a major blow.

kai_ballz
FISOhead
FS Record: 12457 overall

Post by kai_ballz »

waiting for him to get the yellows before i bring him in

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

kai_ballz wrote:waiting for him to get the yellows before i bring him in
Likewise I think.

GW33 appeals. The threat of suspension will be either lifted or served by then, the double is the following week, and it gives Giroud Burnley away.

Unless he explodes this weekend, in which case I might be tempted...

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I think I'll bring him in if he doesn't get booked today.

Worrying about him getting 2 yellows in 2 games is overcautious and is a 10% risk at highest.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

I didn't watch today but heard he went off injured?

With Aguero looking likely to drop in price again tonight, I was planning to bring him in beforehand, but will hold off if injured.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I think it would be wise to wait regardless - a lot of players (including Costa) potentially have two international matches to get through before the next gameweek, so I wouldn't be making any transfers before they are played.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

So Costa has to be booked in each of the 2 next games to be suspended am I right?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

asm_fanz wrote:So Costa has to be booked in each of the 2 next games to be suspended am I right?
Well, he could also be sent off in either of them :)

But yes, that is correct. Second Sunday in April they are wiped, and Chelsea only have two fixtures in this period. One of them against Stoke, and one of them a west London derby... can't be out of the question still.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

asm_fanz wrote:So Costa has to be booked in each of the 2 next games to be suspended am I right?
"If a Player receives a 10th caution after the second Sunday in April they will be severely censured and warned as to
their future conduct and no suspension shall be imposed."

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

thesilkworm wrote:
Well, he could also be sent off in either of them :)

But yes, that is correct. Second Sunday in April they are wiped, and Chelsea only have two fixtures in this period.
Cheers, I think I'll wait a GW or 2 before bringing him then

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Costa has just been yellow-flagged. Will hopefully dissuade people from bringing him in, keeping his price where it is.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Well the chance of Costa picking up 2 consecutive bookings must be minimal; the points he could score in those 2 games certainly are not; If I really wanted him for GW34 I'd get him ASAP, then remove him if indeed he does somehow pick up 2 bookings. Seems quite straightforward to me if you indeed have the capability to get him now. However I think most don't have that immediate capability so will have to wait anyway. Then there are those who would be happy with 3 other Chelsea which is fair enough as you can captain Hazard anyway.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Jose has said he could be a doubt for GW 31 with a muscular problem.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/ ... ar-problem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Over to you Spain.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

I brought him in and captained. Great differential at the moment but obviously Kane was the main pick this week.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

The quote from Mourinho is:

“But if [he] cannot play the next game against Stoke then we have Remy and we have Didier Drogba.”

Not saying he's a doubt as such, just that they can cover for him if he's out.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I have 0% trust in Mourinho's comments on Costa. He just plays mind games with Del Bosque.

He might be injured though, or might not, but what Mourinho says doesn't mean anything by any means :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Pleasingly Costa has already received over 800 transfers out today on the back of the yellow flag (presumably mostly going to Giroud). Great news for those planning to make the opposite transfer so long as Costa does make the next game.

We've all been here before though with Costa, I just hope Mourinho uncharacteristically gives a definitive answer as to whether he's fit, nearer the time. If he's out I'll probably sneakily hop on to Austin or Benteke for a week to catch the double. If he's in, then I'll bank the Giroud cash and make the move. I'd bet my bottom dollor on us not knowing by the Saturday morning before GW31 though. :roll:

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Stemania wrote:Pleasingly Costa has already received over 800 transfers out today on the back of the yellow flag (presumably mostly going to Giroud). Great news for those planning to make the opposite transfer so long as Costa does make the next game.

We've all been here before though with Costa, I just hope Mourinho uncharacteristically gives a definitive answer as to whether he's fit, nearer the time. If he's out I'll probably sneakily hop on to Austin or Benteke for a week to catch the double. If he's in, then I'll bank the Giroud cash and make the move. I'd bet my bottom dollor on us not knowing by the Saturday morning before GW31 though. :roll:
Exactly my thinking. I'm happy to take the confusion if it means his price stays as it is and Giroud gets another rise.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Yep, if Costa looks out then I'll probably just hold onto Giroud and my banked transfer. Might get to make a luxury keeper move for GW33 or get rid of Dawson, or jump on a doubler.

Nice position to be in I guess and even if Costa isn't injured there's nothing to force my hand now.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I think there's very little chance of knowing anything before the Chelsea line-up comes out as i can't see Jose giving too much away. I think i'd fancy Giroud at home to Skrtel-less Liverpool anyway - could even be up against Lovren.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

liquidfootball2 wrote:I think there's very little chance of knowing anything before the Chelsea line-up comes out as i can't see Jose giving too much away. I think i'd fancy Giroud at home to Skrtel-less Liverpool anyway - could even be up against Lovren.
This. Burnley away then follows, too.

My ideal plan has always been to bring Costa in for GW33, so any potential injury setback is good news, for me at least. Cements my decision, and removes the risk of me getting stung by it.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Pulls out of Spanish squad.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32033012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”