To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Charlie Austin is a pub standard footballer

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Charlie Austin is a pub standard footballer

Post by ruudy »

And yeah the quotes on tapatalk are broken.

supersonic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by supersonic »

Close this thread please.......Clown makes stupid statement, clown gets proved wrong, clown cant accept facts, clown wont be convinced so he will deflect from the subject and claim that people are now anti Chelsea just because said clown made a tit out of himself. Does that sum it up? :wink:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Perfect summary Supersonic, but I say don't close it so clown is forever embarrassed.

<spirit_of_Super_Hans> what a tw4t clown must feel starting this thread

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Funny thing is I wasn't even wrong when I predicted Austin wouldn't keep up the same form he was showing pre-xmas. People then responded with he's done better than Aguero, which wasn't even the point I was making and unfair comparison when comparing absolute goals. I said he would become average in the second half of the season, and that's what's happened as shown by his PPG from GW19.

Great to see so many jimmies being rustled though. People just hate being proven wrong :)
Last edited by um09a2k on 18 Apr 2015, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ruudy »

Erm i'm sure you had Austin in your team. I may be wrong but a bit hypocritical if true.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Yes he did, in the Jan wildcard thread he posted a team with Austin in, and F4C and I gave him a bit of banter for it. :lol:

ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ruudy »

The statistics posted by Mose show that he has been a top performer and not a mediocre performer. His overall points have only dropped slightly. And even though he has scored less recently he is still scoring at a decent rate in Premier League football.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

ruudy wrote:The statistics posted by Mose show that he has been a top performer and not a mediocre performer. His overall points have only dropped slightly. And even though he has scored less recently he is still scoring at a decent rate in Premier League football.
The stats showed he's averaging 4.857 in the second half of the season. If that's your definition of a top performer then fair enough, but my opinion is of that is consistent with a mediocre performance. Even if you look at the top 10 strikers in Moses' table, which is pretty much representative of (hard to quantify, but i'd estimate) >90% of the relevant strikers chosen by FPL managers, Austin is bang in the middle.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I'd say it was the performance of an £8-8.5m that would usually be worth picking in FPL terms hardly mediocre.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Jeff from the Dog & Duck was saying only last week that he would easily manage nearly 5 points per game in the PL if he'd become a real footballer. He doesn't usually lie (unless he's had over four pints) so I'm inclined to consider this an open and shut case.

busbybhoy
Kevin and Perry

Post by busbybhoy »

Yep still pub standard :roll: :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”