To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Christian Benteke

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
big mon
Treebeard
FS Record: Nepal's Number 1 :)

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by big mon »

icefish wrote:Anybody thinking about bringing Benteke in for Kane for a hit since all our free transfers are Arsenal bound? If Kane blanks against City I´m seriously tempted.
On the contrary my strategy is to swap Benteke with Kane GW37, then back to Benteke for GW38.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

icefish wrote:Anybody thinking about bringing Benteke in for Kane for a hit since all our free transfers are Arsenal bound? If Kane blanks against City I´m seriously tempted.
that's exactly what I did. :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Brendan Rodgers has decided to leave both Christian Benteke and Roberto Firmino out of the Liverpool squad for Saturday’s friendly with HJK Helsinki.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... st-9765535

Benteke has been in a lot of RMTs but this must cast doubt over his starting role for the first game at least.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Good information. I'm not sure about the impact, he's going to have to start at some point. :)

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Good info Mav, have to start him sometime and i would still expect the 32m signing to start v Stoke.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Good info Mav, have to start him sometime and i would still expect the 32m signing to start v Stoke.
Maybe, I'm not too sure though. That Stoke game is critical after last season's debacle. I'm not too sure how much of a risk BR is going to want to employ there and he might want to play a striker that has at least played in the team before. Impact sub maybe?

Home against Bournemouth looks an ideal starting game though, and that's probably the ideal game for his owners anyway with the armband etc. More risky than we thought though and with Pelle already on form and Kane gaining popularity he might be less selected now.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Yep I'm liking Kane too, although the ease of switch to Kun isn't as straightforward. Pelle in form and looking better after last night - hopefully Mane can provide the assists.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:
Brendan Rodgers has decided to leave both Christian Benteke and Roberto Firmino out of the Liverpool squad for Saturday’s friendly with HJK Helsinki.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... st-9765535

Benteke has been in a lot of RMTs but this must cast doubt over his starting role for the first game at least.
It's probably worth waiting to see whether they play against Swindon on Sunday before jumping to any conclusions. The squad also doesn't include Moreno, Can, Allen, Markovic and Sakho.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Oh dear this has thrown a spanner in the works iv got giroud to and there uncertainty there :(

Jamieis2cool
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 190k (12/13)

Post by Jamieis2cool »

Important to note that Benteke hasn't missed pre-season he's just had most of it with Villa.

That being said, it would not surprise me at all if Ings starts against Stoke.

sponduly
Treebeard

Post by sponduly »

What's the uncertainty about Giroud?

Giroud is Arsenal's only striker, I can't see why he wouldn't play unless he's injured?

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

sponduly wrote:What's the uncertainty about Giroud?

Giroud is Arsenal's only striker, I can't see why he wouldn't play unless he's injured?

A fair few are saying that Walcott might start up top

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

He wasn´t injured last prem game last season or the FA cup final and walcott started both instead of him.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

"Christian Benteke and Roberto Firmino will have to wait for their first appearance in a Liverpool shirt after being left out of the trip to Finland for Saturday’s pre-season friendly against HJK Helsinki."

This is Liverpool's last pre-season friendly. Shame.

I think I'm off the Benteke boat – no assurances he will start at Stoke if he has zero minutes of gametime prior to the fixture. A non-appearance would also probably trigger a mass-exodus (especially if other forwards score well) resulting in a price drop (which is absolutely not what you want at the start of the season, since in practice you'd lose 0.5).

P.S. Meanwhile Harry Kane is scoring screamers in the US.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Roope wrote:A non-appearance would also probably trigger a mass-exodus (especially if other forwards score well) resulting in a price drop (which is absolutely not what you want at the start of the season, since in practice you'd lose 0.5).
Really good point - he's in 30% of teams (6th highest owned player) which means a high number of "non-professional" (i.e. not realising that he's likely to start against Bournemouth) managers knee jerking him out for Ulloa or whoever scores a brace in GW1.

Obviously no reason to do anything yet, just something to be aware of going into the final week IF it looks like he won't start.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Kane is a class above Benteke, well worth the extra £1m (for certainty of goals as well as appearances).

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Benkeke will play this weekend against Swindon, they just didn't want to interrupt his preparation with the travelling to Finland.

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

Rich2086 wrote:
A fair few are saying that Walcott might start up top
Unless there is an injury crisis, would think very unlikely.

Be interesting to see how pool use Benteke, assume Ings will play off him, wonder if they will use Milner as a wing-back

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'm confident he'll start against Stoke. Liverpool will want to start the season with a bang after their indifferent form last season, and will be desperate to avenge the humiliation there on the last day last season. I can't envisage him not playing. At least I bloody hope he does..

gazwood
Dumbledore

Post by gazwood »

Jamieis2cool wrote:Important to note that Benteke hasn't missed pre-season he's just had most of it with Villa.

That being said, it would not surprise me at all if Ings starts against Stoke.
Partly incorrect. Hasn't played in any Villa friendlies but did train with the squad.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

I think I'll now start with Lukaku and then bring in Benteke for Gw2.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

"We'll see, there's still over a week to go and we'll see how those players are. If they are not ready for next week, they're certainly going to play a huge part for us in the remaining weeks."

http://www.lfctour.com/news/latest-news ... nd-benteke

Hmmm, Kane suddenly got a whole lot better as an alternative option,

Tough decision but with good fixtures after gwk1to gwk6 then Rooney, Kane and Sakho, possibly downgrading Azpi and looking at 5.0, and four 4.5s

More obviously perhaps Pelle in for Benteke sounds better keeping Azpi and extra for defence
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 31 Jul 2015, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I'm off the benteke bandwagon, I do like him as a player but not convinced about Liverpool at all. fixtures not great either with Arsenal and Utd away in the first 5.

kane is a better player with better fixtures who will play every game, and is also going into the season match fit and playing well, shame it's more money but I do think he's the better choice.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

For me its looking like either Azpi, four 4.5s including Muniesa and having forwards Kane, Rooney, Sakho (with Milner now coming into midfield)

OR

Azpi, Cedric, three 4.5s, and forwards Rooney, Sakho and Giroud

- well aware of the rumours regarding Giroud losing his place to walcott etc so obviously wait on any clues in the community shield and next week

but basically it's Cedric/Giroud V Muniesa/Kane

Obviously not discounting Pelle and Mane yet but work still in progress, as to include Mane (for Milner) with either Giroud or Kane would probably mean Azpi to Shaw/Mertesaker and Cedric to Muniesa

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

BR "Benteke & Firmino won't be 100% having come back late. We made the decision to keep them at home to give them extra days training"

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

I'm back on Benteke! What a goal.

http://vine.co/v/eHMaUiz0wKP

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

JLH wrote:I'm back on Benteke! What a goal.

http://vine.co/v/eHMaUiz0wKP
That's ma'boy

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

great finish but schoolboy defending, he won't get that much time and space at stoke :)

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Yeah. He's in for GW2. Just not sure about putting him in ahead of Lukaku for GW1

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Gambit wrote:great finish but schoolboy defending, he won't get that much time and space at stoke :)
Let alone on a cold night :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”