To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Christian Benteke

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Bestpay
Treebeard

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by Bestpay »

Benteke has been named in the Belgium starting line-up for tonight's match vs Cyprus, see: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/06/co ... -v-cyprus/ So unless he gets injured tonight then his yellow flag will disappear :)

I'll be keeping him after the utd game for the nice couple of home games against NOR and VIL which immediately follow.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The game is live on Sky if you want to scout his injury too. Or see KDB.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I'm a big Benteke fan but he's just looked one to avoid on what I've seen tonight and this season, but then i look at some of the upcoming fixtures and think never say never.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Subbed at halftime, don't know the reason.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

thesilkworm wrote:Subbed at halftime, don't know the reason.
Because he was awful is my guess.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Although he demonstrated he was really good at jumping into the opposition and making runs away from the goal in the first half, he had trouble kicking the ball.

On the basis of the Belgian display this evening, I shan't be switching Benteke in, nor will I be moving KdB in; in fact, I shall check my squad and throw out anyone from the current second ranked world footballing power.

In fact, although I didn't watch the Turkey - Netherlands game tonight, on the basis of that result I won't be rushing to fill the holes in the squad with Dutch players either.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

If it wasn't for the fact they have 2 good looking matches coming up I'd get rid right away. I've never rated him and the fact Rodgers was happy to pay 32n for him confirms my belief he's overrated, Rodgers is a shocking judge. 8.5m should be a good deal for the main striker in a top 6 side but Benteke really is an overrated cart horse.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Ditched Benteke after the 2nd game even though he scored, was my capt and got me 18p. Didn't look great and looked like he will hold the ball up and assist coutinho then score himself. Glad I made the decision early and went for Gomis. 2 decent fix coming up after UTD but wouldn't keep him for long on recent performances

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Valeron wrote:If it wasn't for the fact they have 2 good looking matches coming up I'd get rid right away. I've never rated him and the fact Rodgers was happy to pay 32n for him confirms my belief he's overrated, Rodgers is a shocking judge. 8.5m should be a good deal for the main striker in a top 6 side but Benteke really is an overrated cart horse.

Top post.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Rubbish player, rubbish team.

I have just commenced a season long boycott of everything and anything Liverpool related in my team.

Overpriced and overhyped mediocre players managed by a mediocre manager out of his depth.

Completely spot on. Also can't get that open goal miss against Arsenal out of my mind. With Ibe seeming a shadow of the player he was last year, no width in the team, and Liverpool devoid of ideas, Benteke could well mirror Ballotelli's performances last season playing as a lone striker.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Christian Balloteke does have an uncomfortably nice ring to it. :shock:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Belgian coach Marc Wilmots seemed seriously unimpressed with Benteke after hooking him at half-time calling his display a half-performance.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Yeah, I had faith in Benteke until now, was gonna hold out and see if he delivers in GW6 and GW7. But - I just lost patience.

Benteke :arrow: Wilson, 4.6 ITB now and will upgrade one of my mids next week.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Well, he may have forgotten how to be a footballer, but at least his NTOs reset when the yellow flag was removed! :mrgreen:

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Like so many before him, it seems as though he worked hard to get noticed and signed by a 'big club', however now it's mission accomplished, relax, and watch my bank balance grow.

"I'm rich bitch!" - Christian Balloteke :P

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Stemania wrote:Well, he may have forgotten how to be a footballer, but at least his NTOs reset when the yellow flag was removed! :mrgreen:
Bummer, I was hoping to bring him in at a discount next week

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I must admit to having been disappointed so far. Still think he's worth a hold though, at least for the next three. Think he has a decent record against United, and that's the sort of game where anything could happen, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him rise to the occasion, however unlikely it appears at the moment. Then the back to back home games are obviously a big attraction. Worth mentioning that the second is against Villa; we all know what tends to happen when players face their former clubs...

Those two are the acid test though; fail to produce in them and he's gone. I just hope my patience is rewarded and the alternatives (Gomis et al) don't leave me falling too far behind in the meantime and regretting my decision..

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Stemania wrote:Well, he may have forgotten how to be a footballer, but at least his NTOs reset when the yellow flag was removed! :mrgreen:
From a purely selfish viewpoint, this is yet another example of dodgy FPL decisions. Why was he flagged at all for a PL game weeks before it, with an international fixture to play in the mean time and based on what? Some snippet of an article in a local newspaper?

I honestly think I might start publishing my own fake local news stories and take bribes from anyone who doesn't want a player to drop.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

i think you guys are being harsh with Benteke. it's not like he's priced over 10 million and havent had a shot on goal in 4 games. He could soon prove to be one of the best value for money once he settles in the team and Liverpool get better going forward. Don't think he would have had almost 40% ownership from the start if people didnt recongnize a great deal at 8.5 for a Benteke playing for Liverpool.
Having seen 3 of his 4 games he is not someone i'm worried about yet. I have other fish to fry like Hazard who's out of form to stay polite.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Mav3rick wrote: I honestly think I might start publishing my own fake local news stories and take bribes from anyone who doesn't want a player to drop.
How much for a story on Depay?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

matmutte wrote:i think you guys are being harsh with Benteke. it's not like he's priced over 10 million and havent had a shot on goal in 4 games. He could soon prove to be one of the best value for money once he settles in the team and Liverpool get better going forward. Don't think he would have had almost 40% ownership from the start if people didnt recongnize a great deal at 8.5 for a Benteke playing for Liverpool.
Having seen 3 of his 4 games he is not someone i'm worried about yet. I have other fish to fry like Hazard who's out of form to stay polite.
It's not Benteke that's a problem really it's Liverpool, the team are so inconsistent (and have been since Suarez left). They can't defend, they have a tendency to choke against smaller teams and BR changes his selection and formation most matches (and about 4 times during every match too) so the players never seem set in what they are doing.

I will still be considering Benteke for GW6 as his numbers are still reasonable despite the Jekyll and Hyde performances from his team (Benteke is still having as many chances as the likes of Diouf and Wilson and could easily have scored and assisted at least a couple more).

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

asm_fanz wrote:
Mav3rick wrote: I honestly think I might start publishing my own fake local news stories and take bribes from anyone who doesn't want a player to drop.
Your story was his first leg Brugge display - he's not registered a single attacking contribution so far this season yet he's somehow held his price as those around him have fallen, essentially because of that one game. :wink:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Mav3rick wrote:
From a purely selfish viewpoint, this is yet another example of dodgy FPL decisions. Why was he flagged at all for a PL game weeks before it, with an international fixture to play in the mean time and based on what? Some snippet of an article in a local newspaper?

I honestly think I might start publishing my own fake local news stories and take bribes from anyone who doesn't want a player to drop.
:lol: - The amusement is added to by the fact the article even suggested fairly strongly Benteke would be fine for Liverpools next game.
a scan has confirmed that the problem is only minor and Liverpool expect him to be fit for the crunch Premier League clash with Manchester United at Old Trafford on September 12.
I do agree with Matmutte, that there seem to be a lot of very negative posts around Benteke considering he's scored one already, played almost half of last game with 10 men and without Coutinho, and it's not like Liverpool have served him up lots of chances. I think there are times this season when he's looked fairly good and would expect the service to improve, particularly with the home double header coming up, he was fantastic for the majority of 3 seasons at Villa. Over a 3 season stretch he averaged a goal every 174 minutes for a bottom half club, including coming back from injury, and playing under some spells under Lambert's more negative tactics.
Mav3rick wrote:It's not Benteke that's a problem really it's Liverpool, the team are so inconsistent (and have been since Suarez left). They can't defend, they have a tendency to choke against smaller teams and BR changes his selection and formation most matches (and about 4 times during every match too) so the players never seem set in what they are doing.

I will still be considering Benteke for GW6 as his numbers are still reasonable despite the Jekyll and Hyde performances from his team (Benteke is still having as many chances as the likes of Diouf and Wilson and could easily have scored and assisted at least a couple more).
Think this is fair too having replied before I read it, but just expect Liverpool will have some better performances soon. :)
Last edited by Carlos Kickaball on 07 Sep 2015, 20:58, edited 4 times in total.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Stemania wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:
Your story was his first leg Brugge display - he's not registered a single attacking contribution so far this season yet he's somehow held his price as those around him have fallen, essentially because of that one game. :wink:
I know... that fooled me too :(

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

asm_fanz wrote:
Stemania wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:
He fooled me by looking so good against Dutch opposition. I must say he's at least got one more week in my team, and I've not completely lost the faith, Depay has had plenty of shots (as noted by Mav in another thread about pricedrops).

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:
Stemania wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:
He fooled me by looking so good against Dutch opposition. I must say he's at least got one more week in my team, and I've not completely lost the faith, Depay has had plenty of shots (as noted by Mav in another thread about pricedrops).
Belgian.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Depay's looked as though he always needs too many touches, very disappointing.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

hancockjr wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:
Stemania wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:
Belgian.
Dutch.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Sorry I thought you meant the Brugge display - Brugge are Belgian.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

NoEyeDeer wrote:Like so many before him, it seems as though he worked hard to get noticed and signed by a 'big club', however now it's mission accomplished, relax, and watch my bank balance grow.

"I'm rich bitch!" - Christian Balloteke :P

This is very unfair. Liverpool may be blunt, Rodgers is rather clueless and doesn't know what players he wants to play in what system, but from what I've seen Benteke has been working hard. It may fall into place for him soon.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”