To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Christian Benteke

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by Notned »

Cracking finish, and looked sharp by all accounts.

I'm sure they'll want to get off to a good start and be desperate to avenge their humbling at Stoke last season, so I'm expecting the strongest possible line up.

Unless we get concrete news to the contrary, I think I'm sticking with. One less planned transfer, having already made a vague Aguero plan.

Les_Gomiserables
Treebeard

Post by Les_Gomiserables »

He's one I've really toyed with as well had him in and out constantly.

I had him out before Swindon but now have him back in.

My only issue with him is how streaky he is and that would be OK if he was a bit cheaper but if you've got to start him on your bench for a few weeks while he's struggling it's a lot of wasted cap space.

Very popular across FPL and I think I might avoid.

I wonder how many players I have in my team at the moment will make it by lock out....

Not many I'm guessing.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Les_Gomiserables wrote:He's one I've really toyed with as well had him in and out constantly.

I had him out before Swindon but now have him back in.

My only issue with him is how streaky he is and that would be OK if he was a bit cheaper but if you've got to start him on your bench for a few weeks while he's struggling it's a lot of wasted cap space.

Very popular across FPL and I think I might avoid.

I wonder how many players I have in my team at the moment will make it by lock out....

Not many I'm guessing.
Welcome to the forum man. There are several good options up top and all have an associated risk. I had Benteke all the way up until this past weekend when I decided I would go with Rooney instead based on a dream I had :shock: Ridiculous yes but dreams and gut feelings were good to me last season. I think a front three of Rooney, Benteke and Pelle could be the way to go at the moment but I am sticking with Giroud over Bentekers. I think Wenger will start him and put Theo back where he belongs and he looked spot on in the community shield. One week risk for me but hoping for a substantial differential in week 1.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Looked sad, slow, out of his depth and practically clueless today...
...AND... with Sturridge back in training the pressure might double.
Is he starting that annoying dance with FPLers yet again - scoring points when none owns him...?
Is it time already to get rid?

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I really wanted to bring him in with my wildcard. It was always the plan from day 1 to wildcard him in at GW4. In the end, I just couldn't crowbar him in and decided to go for Costa instead alongside Aguero and Wilson (who is looking great value right now). Of course I may still regret this decision and Costa didn't do anything either today.

mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Post by mitchyg1980 »

I brought him in this week as part of a wildcard - annoyingly for Sakho, but had also considered doing Coutinho/Diouf vs Benteke/Shaquiri so feel slightly happy I opted for the latter given Coutinho's red. He's only on board for a couple of games so will keep the faith but seems he's blanking like all the big names at the moment

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Rubbish player, rubbish team.

I have just commenced a season long boycott of everything and anything Liverpool related in my team.

Overpriced and overhyped mediocre players managed by a mediocre manager out of his depth.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Liverpool are just an inconsistent team. The players lack confidence especially in defence and that does lead to mistakes.

I also think that BR doesn't yet know the best system to play, and switches things around a lot. In some ways you can view that as a good thing (to have flexibility) but the way Liverpool switch tactics, often within a match, I think that lack of consistency isn't good for the players. I don't think he yet knows the best way to deploy Can, Handerson and Milner along with the attacking players either.

Step back for now and re-assess in GW6 is my current thought.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Agreed. Money better spent elsewhere.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Benteke is the third most transferred out player today as well. Very little reason to jump on board if you don't have him, but his massive ownership will probably prevent a price drop (he needs 140k NTO).

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes that is a lot of non-wildcard NTOs. Problem may come when/if Benteke doesn't do anything at Man U next game. Then we may see 0.1-0.2mn stripped.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Who would replace Benteke in our teams? He has got some good home games coming up and there isn't really a hot striker at the moment apart from Wilson...

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Benteke is quality, despite a dip around his injury and when playing under Lambert last season he really showed this over 3 seasons at Villa. Seems a bit knee jerky to write him off after Liverpool have a bad game, especially when 1 goal in 4 games is hardly a tragedy even if you'd want a higher rate over the season, if it was 3 in 12 I'd understand people would be more worried.

I think if I really wanted to replace Benteke with someone who wasn't in my team, I'd be looking at Rondón, or Costa if I had a lot of cash.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

loosecannon85 wrote:Who would replace Benteke in our teams? He has got some good home games coming up and there isn't really a hot striker at the moment apart from Wilson...
That's very much what's keeping him in my team (it would seem a bit odd to sell him a week before his GW6-7 super-fixtures). Really hoping he avoids the drop, but if/when he blanks against Man U he's got a good chance of being 0.2/0.3m down by GW6. What saves him, as you say, is the lack of other strikers in form. It's been the pattern of the season with there being a dearth of in form talent in the striker roles. :?

If Gomis picks up another goal today it's going to make for a very uncomfortable 2 weeks of price watching. :|

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I doubt he will drop this GW and then as you say ahead of GW6/7 his ownership may very well pick up again (I currently plan to be one of the new owners). I thought he played well against Arsenal, and he could have been in the points yesterday despite the poor team performance (could have won a pen, should have had an assist to lovren goal).

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I told Stemania that he shouldn't pick Benteke but he didn't listen to me.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:I doubt he will drop this GW and then as you say ahead of GW6/7 his ownership may very well pick up again (I currently plan to be one of the new owners). I thought he played well against Arsenal, and he could have been in the points yesterday despite the poor team performance (could have won a pen, should have had an assist to lovren goal).
Yep, I was pretty satisfied with his performance too, and am confident he'll do well in the better fixtures, but the price change deciding masses judge mostly on goals/points, not fixtures or potential. If he blanks against United I'm certain we'll see NTOs rather than NTIs, even if you and many of the FISO community are swimming in the other direction due to the latter factors. :?
Finisher1 wrote:I told Stemania that he shouldn't pick Benteke but he didn't listen to me.
Not being listened to isn't something you should be proud of. :wink:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I'm not. Are you proud of not listening to me and therefore making a wrong decision?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I don't think it was the wrong decision.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

still not convinced of benteke at Liverpool, he's done ok but the Liverpool way of playing is not getting the best out of him,

from a fantasy point of view for 8.5m you would want more but in fairness very few of the top strikers have caught fire yet, wouldn't be taking a hit to get rid of him and does have some good fixtures coming up, but at the moment still looks a much lesser threat than he did with the very direct style under Sherwood at Villa.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

It looks like Gomis is getting a lot of transfers in, presumably wildcarders hoping for a double rise, mostly at Benteke's expense. Still don't think he will drop in price

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Ride out the Man Utd game if you can and hope Liverpool improve, as the fixtures are there.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

I will probably take out for the short term

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Do we need a Christian Benteke injury rumour thread? :lol:
Liverpool Echo Echo Echo... wrote:Liverpool FC striker Benteke suffers thigh injury

But minor problem shouldn't keep him out of United clash

Liverpool FC v West Ham at Anfield. Christian Benteke being held back in the penalty area.

Liverpool striker Christian Benteke could miss Belgium’s Euro 2016 qualifier with Bosnia on Thursday due to a thigh injury.

The £32.5million frontman suffered a strain in Saturday’s 3-0 defeat to West Ham at Anfield and hasn’t been able to train since linking up with his international squad.

However, a scan has confirmed that the problem is only minor and Liverpool expect him to be fit for the crunch Premier League clash with Manchester United at Old Trafford on September 12.

Belgian staff hope that if Benteke doesn’t recover in time for Thursday’s qualifier that he will be available for Sunday’s trip to Cyprus.

Benteke has scored once in four appearances for the Reds following his big money move from Aston Villa this summer.
Source

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

Missing an international fixture is no bad thing for us owners.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I started the season with Benteke, got captain points for his wrongful goal vs. Bournemouth, shipped him out vs. Arsenal for Gomis, then wildcarded him back in GW4. Was not expecting 0-3 vs. West Ham at home. Planning on starting him for the game @ Old Trafford and then the two home games vs. Norwich and AV. If he doesn't score in either of those games he's definitely out.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

tommyk7 wrote:I started the season with Benteke, got captain points for his wrongful goal vs. Bournemouth, shipped him out vs. Arsenal for Gomis, then wildcarded him back in GW4. Was not expecting 0-3 vs. West Ham at home. Planning on starting him for the game @ Old Trafford and then the two home games vs. Norwich and AV. If he doesn't score in either of those games he's definitely out.
Agreed. I will be holding for the United game (which in itself is very unpredictable, so I wouldn't rule out returns) in preparation for the two juicy home fixtures that follow. If he continues to toil after those three I'll look elsewhere, but I'm definitely willing to give him them, at least.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Hope he drops. Always nice when my future targets are cheaper :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Stats bomb have a little snippet up about Liverpool being the 13th best attack in the league over the first 4 games. Not encouraging, but also not surprising based on what I've seen (2 games where they looked OK, and 2 where they looked poor).

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I started the season with Benteke and was happy to drop him after his goal. Liverpool look a bit short of ideas going forward (perhaps I've watched the wrong games (Stoke & Bournemouth), I hear they were much better against Arsenal). Someone asked above "who will replace him". Right now I have Aguero, Gomis and Diouf, and I want to Wilson. So there are 4 strikers right there.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”