To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Christian Benteke

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by liquidfootball2 »

May get the remaining Benteke owners switching to Martial!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Looks like he has to go then!

The question is, do I play it 'safe' and follow the crowd, or opt for a bit of a differential in the hope that the safe choice isn't all that safe after all?

fredtered
Wideboy

Post by fredtered »

Notned wrote:The question is, do I play it 'safe' and follow the crowd, or opt for a bit of a differential in the hope that the safe choice isn't all that safe after all?
The crowd is already on the Martial bandwagon. if you're still at the stagecoach stop, all you're seeing is a cloud of dust, so you should opt for a bit of a differential...

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

fredtered wrote:
Notned wrote:The question is, do I play it 'safe' and follow the crowd, or opt for a bit of a differential in the hope that the safe choice isn't all that safe after all?
The crowd is already on the Martial bandwagon. if you're still at the stagecoach stop, all you're seeing is a cloud of dust, so you should opt for a bit of a differential...
This early in the season you should opt for whichever option you think will get you the most points in the long run without worrying about whether or not the players are differentials IMO.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

CupidStunt000 wrote:
fredtered wrote:
This early in the season you should opt for whichever option you think will get you the most points in the long run without worrying about whether or not the players are differentials IMO.
Very true, especially on the back of a really good week. I probably don't need to risk it. Pulled the trigger on Martial last night.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Well just in case there was any remaining doubt anywhere, Rodgers has confirmed he is out of the Villa game and that 'there is no timeline for his return'. Sounds ominous.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Notned wrote:Well just in case there was any remaining doubt anywhere, Rodgers has confirmed he is out of the Villa game and that 'there is no timeline for his return'. Sounds ominous.
Bloomin ell. How can someone go from 'as a precaution' with no visible problem in the game to 'no timeline for his return'? How annoying. And to cap it off, he dropped in price last night. :evil:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:
Notned wrote:Well just in case there was any remaining doubt anywhere, Rodgers has confirmed he is out of the Villa game and that 'there is no timeline for his return'. Sounds ominous.
Bloomin ell. How can someone go from 'as a precaution' with no visible problem in the game to 'no timeline for his return'? How annoying. And to cap it off, he dropped in price last night. :evil:
Yep, unbelievable. Happy I gave in and made the switch on Wednesday night, rather than holding firm as initially planned.

fredtered
Wideboy

Post by fredtered »

Wonder if murf can add up to 873? :roll:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I'm perfectly capable of guessing (and did guess Benteke would be out for at least a week), I just don't like people passing off their guesses as facts on a site where people come for fantasy football information.
Last edited by murf on 25 Sep 2015, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'd advise you to drop it now fredtered. Murf was completely correct that you statement the other day (saying he'd be out till October) was misinformation - there was absolutely no way of you or anyone else knowing at the time. If the scan on Tuesday came back clear then he would be back this weekend, but apparently it didn't. Just because what has happened coincides in some way with the vague statement you initially made has absolutely no bearing on the fact that your initial post was misinformation. As murf says, at best it was a good guess.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

+1

No one knew either way.

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

But we did all know it was his hamstring and that hamstring strains normally result in missed games. I have done my hamstring in a game before, couldn't walk properly for days.

fredtered
Wideboy

Post by fredtered »

Stemania wrote:I'd advise you to drop it now fredtered. Murf was completely correct that you statement the other day (saying he'd be out till October) was misinformation - there was absolutely no way of you or anyone else knowing at the time. If the scan on Tuesday came back clear then he would be back this weekend, but apparently it didn't. Just because what has happened coincides in some way with the vague statement you initially made has absolutely no bearing on the fact that your initial post was misinformation. As murf says, at best it was a good guess.
I'll drop it, re murf, yes. I've made my point and was only moved to do so because his response came off as unnecessariily confrontational and dismissive in its use of sarcasm in my opinion. At no stage did I claim any 'factual' element to what I said, at no time did I pass my post off as anythiong other than opinion, which as far as I can tell is permitted.

However, I maintain, that it was patently obvious that if Benteke came off with a hamstring related worry, he wasn't going to be back for the following game. We all know how tempramental hamstring matters are to football players.

fredtered
Wideboy

Post by fredtered »

loosecannon85 wrote:But we did all know it was his hamstring and that hamstring strains normally result in missed games. I have done my hamstring in a game before, couldn't walk properly for days.
Precisely.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Q: Benteke has currently over 969,000 owners in FPL and today he has been flagged red. Does this boost Martial bandwagon even more?

A: Yes it will. Martial bandwagon will explode even more than before. Those who haven't hopped on, should do it very soon. If quadruple rise is possible, it will probably happen on Saturday morning. Another rise will happen on Sunday morning unless he is injured or benched on Saturday.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 25 Sep 2015, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

fredtered
Wideboy

Post by fredtered »

Finisher1 wrote:Q: Benteke has currently oer 969,000 owners in FPL and he has today flagged red. Does this boost Martial bandwagon even more? A: Yes it will. Martial bandwagon will explode even more than before. Those who haven't hopped on, should do it soon.
This! So glad right now that I moved Benteke out for Martial immediately.

Hope I'll be as glad on Saturday around 5pm :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

fredtered wrote:
loosecannon85 wrote:But we did all know it was his hamstring and that hamstring strains normally result in missed games. I have done my hamstring in a game before, couldn't walk properly for days.
Precisely.
:roll:

....and I'm sure you have also felt something in your hamstring before and run it off in a game.

It was never said to be a strain. Again you are/were reading too much into what was in the public domain - there wasn't even any 'in the know' journalists claiming to know more.

Of course, we all know they lie and underplay things but we have to make our own guesses on what we are told. Making incorrect statements as if they are fact on FISO doesn't help anybody.

That is why places like FFS and Physioroom (and the FISO injury thread in the good old days) are useful, they just collate all the public domain info out there and don't really speculate beyond that.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Just in passing, do you realise that there is no such thing as a hamstring? Not in the human body, anyway . . .

Quadrupeds have one, but human tendon and muscle structures are MUCH more complicated.

[Actually, quadrupeds have four, of course.]

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Surely only pigs have them :wink:

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I don't know why you're all arguing over his injury...

Those of you who decided to bring him in in recent weeks should be pointing fingers over that strange transfer decision

;)

fredtered
Wideboy

Post by fredtered »

murf wrote:
fredtered wrote:
Precisely.

....and I'm sure you have also felt something in your hamstring before and run it off in a game.

It was never said to be a strain. Again you are/were reading too much into what was in the public domain - there wasn't even any 'in the know' journalists claiming to know more.

Of course, we all know they lie and underplay things but we have to make our own guesses on what we are told. Making incorrect statements as if they are fact on FISO doesn't help anybody.

That is why places like FFS and Physioroom (and the FISO injury thread in the good old days) are useful, they just collate all the public domain info out there and don't really speculate beyond that.
Where in my post did I say "strain", genius?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

It would be great if the above conversation was concluded via pm it still has legs - I think it's run its course.

Benteke now red flagged. Given his fixtures after the Villa and Everton games it probably wouldn't be a good idea to bench him for a week or two to save the transfer I guess. And with similarly priced Lukaku and bandwaggon Martial hitting some great fixtures around GW11 this injury may have put him down the mid price striker pecking order for a good while. :(

Shame as I really did like the look of the Coutinho-Sturridge-Benteke trio for spells against Norwich.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Although it's unlucky for his owners, the rises on Martial and the (single so far) drop on Benteke are causing them to overlap. I think it's pretty useful from that perspective in that you can climb the price categories.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

So...with Martial apparently out this weekend my eye has turned to Benteke as a mid term Aguero/Lukaku partner to catch the upcoming good Liverpool fixtures as a replacement.

But there's some nagging doubt in the back of my mind of his nailed-on-ness. Can any Liverpool fans reassure me that he's pretty certain to start even with Sturridge back and Klopp's favoured 4231? It feels like he should but I can't say I'm 100% sure.

I noticed that when the only game this season where both were fit it appeared that Liverpool played 3412 with Coutinho tucked in behind Benteke & Sturridge. I doubt Klopp would set up with three at the back so should we still be really confident Benteke is nailed on when Sturridge is back?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

...so it turns out Sturridge doesn't even need to be fit for Benteke to be dropped.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

It could be because of the opposition today. That front line looks like it has more running (and pressing) in it.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Hope you're right Mav, now the only real worry in my team, after 4 transfers last week. :lol:

I think I will likely just wait and see what happens, I can't afford an upgrade and the cheaper strikers don't really appeal.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Looked incredibly sluggish to me when he came on, and Firmino had been outstanding. Not even vaguely confident he'll start next week, especially if Sturridge is back. :?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Was he credited with the assist?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”