To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Christian Benteke

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
RichardVHarris
Treebeard
FS Record: 2 Time TubbZ Invitational Winner

Christian Benteke

Post by RichardVHarris »

Anyone feel that Benteke could be on the cusp of a good run of form?

I mentioned him of The Fantasy Football Fix this week and was surprised by the amount of love he was getting from other managers.

He is a little dear, £7.9million, but is anyone else tempted?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Christian Benteke

Post by Billy Bongo »

Yes for sure

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Bentekkkerrrs

Will give him another game to see how he settles back in.

spiderm4tt
FPL Champion 2012/13

Post by spiderm4tt »

I rated Benteke as a quality striker and also a decent FPL pick. He was top quality before his bad injury (think he was top goalscorer in 2013 calendar year?).

I've been looking at getting him in my team, but like above I think I'll wait and see how he settles back in, mainly because I haven't seen enough of him yet since his return to see if his achilles injury has affected/impeded his play/game.

I think 7.9m is actually a good price for a proven PL goalscorer of his quality if he can carry on where he left off. He's high on my watchlist, but those owners with him now could profit from a 'nice' home GW15 fixture.

watsdamata
FISOhead

Post by watsdamata »

Would a swap from Bony to Benteke this gw be wise? Hmmmm

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

watsdamata wrote:Would a swap from Bony to Benteke this gw be wise? Hmmmm
No...

Benteke is an option and Villa have decent fixtures but they create very little for front men. Benteke will create chances for himself and bring others into play but he hasn't shown enough for me this season yet.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Not in a million years. He hasn't showed any consistent good form for ages and there are too many better options in the striker department. With Aguero and Costa occupying 2 slots in most people's teams that only leaves one space and I don't see any justification at all for have Benteke over the likes of Austin, Wellbeck, Kane, Berahino and Bony.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

gooberman wrote:Not in a million years.
I just bookmarked this and taken a screenshot of it which is sitting nicely in the middle of my desktop.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

From4corners wrote:
gooberman wrote:Not in a million years.
I just bookmarked this and taken a screenshot of it which is sitting nicely in the middle of my desktop.
Why?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

He's definitely on my watchlist for now, i think for those without Costa he's a good alternative with say Kun and Bony or Austin alongside. I've no immediate plans to fit him in but will watch to see his progress. Has a great fixture today and could easily bag a couple.

gazwood
Dumbledore

Post by gazwood »

gooberman wrote:Not in a million years. He hasn't showed any consistent good form for ages and there are too many better options in the striker department. With Aguero and Costa occupying 2 slots in most people's teams that only leaves one space and I don't see any justification at all for have Benteke over the likes of Austin, Wellbeck, Kane, Berahino and Bony.
You were doing well until you mentioned Berahino (5 consecutive 2 pointers) and Kane (it's Harry Kane !! :lol: )

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

gazwood wrote:
gooberman wrote:Not in a million years. He hasn't showed any consistent good form for ages and there are too many better options in the striker department. With Aguero and Costa occupying 2 slots in most people's teams that only leaves one space and I don't see any justification at all for have Benteke over the likes of Austin, Wellbeck, Kane, Berahino and Bony.
You were doing well until you mentioned Berahino (5 consecutive 2 pointers) and Kane (it's Harry Kane !! :lol: )
I would back Kane to score more points than Benteke and he's almost 3m cheaper. Berahino is just in the middle of a dry spell and will come good again.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

gooberman wrote:
gazwood wrote:
I would back Kane to score more points than Benteke and he's almost 3m cheaper. Berahino is just in the middle of a dry spell and will come good again.
I smell a sportsman's bet, and Can't wait to see Gooberman's Benteke avatar. :lol:

gazwood
Dumbledore

Post by gazwood »

gooberman wrote:
gazwood wrote:
Of course :lol:

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

Very nearly bought him in instead of Bony this week but it felt too punty. As previously mentioned until Villa start creating more chances then he'll just be watched.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Is anyone fancying bringing him in this week until the end of the season?

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

um09a2k wrote:Is anyone fancying bringing him in this week until the end of the season?
Brought him in last week with WC with the plan of keeping him till the end. It was between him and Kane and it remains to be seen if I have chosen correctly. So far Kane has the edge with 1 week down.

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Post by thekrumcake »

um09a2k wrote:Is anyone fancying bringing him in this week until the end of the season?
*_*/

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

He's in

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

This is my toughest decision at the moment. It will be for GW36 and beyond, but it's a choice between Benteke and Koscielny as my 3rd Arsenal player (alongside Sanchez and Ramsey), or Giroud and a 5m or less defender.

Maybe this week will tell us more.

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Post by thekrumcake »

Lol, I thought it was saturday today, so I did my transfer and set up my team. Cue Benteke injury report later today :lol:

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

If only I listened to myself and stopped following the crowd :(

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

It´s just so hard to squeeze him in with the Arsenal double gameweek coming up. Been wanting him for 3 weeks now. So frustrating.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I had him and let him slip through my frickin' fingers... :oops: :x :cry: :|

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

icefish wrote:It´s just so hard to squeeze him in with the Arsenal double gameweek coming up. Been wanting him for 3 weeks now. So frustrating.
I might sound like captain hindsight, but I would have legitimately got him in had there been no Arsenal GW. I was deciding between him and Giroud.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Fuzzy wrote:This is my toughest decision at the moment. It will be for GW36 and beyond, but it's a choice between Benteke and Koscielny as my 3rd Arsenal player (alongside Sanchez and Ramsey), or Giroud and a 5m or less defender.

Maybe this week will tell us more.
He who hesitates...

To make things worse, I was actually looking at the wrong column on my spreadsheet (and suffering from short term alzheimers), and was thinking they were away at Man City THIS week. :oops:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Kane :arrow: Benteke done tonight, I've seen enough to be convinced. I'll be following Goob's posts more closely next season for his pearls of wisdom :D

Dialted
Treebeard

Post by Dialted »

I got him in this game week instead of Giroud (going with Ramsey or Ospina as an alternative). Glad i made thst trade. .Nice juicy home fixture against Hammers coming up

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Dialted wrote:Nice juicy home fixture against Hammers coming up
Two very juicy home fixtures in the last three actually! I'd love to bring him in but I just won't have the opportunity. I'll need to put all of my leftover funds into midfield to be able to fit in Özil and Sánchez.

Good luck to those who are bringing/already brought Benteke in though. :D He's a monster of a centre-forward when he's in the mood, and I can see him destroying a West Ham side with nothing to play for and a Burnley side that will already have been relegated by the time they play that fixture on the final day.

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Anybody thinking about bringing Benteke in for Kane for a hit since all our free transfers are Arsenal bound? If Kane blanks against City I´m seriously tempted.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”