To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fraser Forster replacement

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who should replace Fraser Forster?

Heaton (£4.5m)
2%
Krul (£4.5m)
22%
Green (£4.5m)
4%
Guzan (£4.6m)
16%
Begovic (£4.9m)
No votes
Adrián (£5.0m)
4%
Speroni (£5.0m)
No votes
Fabianski (£5.1m)
13%
Forster (£5.3m)
18%
Howard (£5.3m)
No votes
Mignolet ((£5.3m)
2%
De Gea (£5.4m)
7%
Szczesny (£5.4m)
No votes
Lloris (£5.7m)
No votes
Courtois (£6.0m)
9%
Hart (£6.0m)
2%

Total votes: 45

Stocker16
Treebeard

Re: Fraser Forster replacement

Post by Stocker16 »

Blacksunrise wrote:Need someone to rotate with Myhill. Who is in the best choice in your opinion?

Tempted by Guzan double gw and K. Davis.
Personally I'm sticking with Myhill every week, Guzan probably best bet however

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Why not Davis?

teknohed
Treebeard

Post by teknohed »

I've gone with Davis.

Am I missing something here? A route into Southampton's reargaurd for the princely sum of just 4.4m? Why no love?

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

He's fine by me. Losing Wanyama / Schneiderlin will have more of an impact on the Saints backline than losing Forster IMO - thought exactly the same at the start of the season when everyone wrote them off because they lost Lovren and Shaw (granted they brought in good replacements but still...).

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

I will go with Davis too, but are they allowed to get in a loan keeper or anything like that with a long term injury?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

jacksosi wrote:I will go with Davis too, but are they allowed to get in a loan keeper or anything like that with a long term injury?
No. The rule for an emergency GK loan is that you have to have only one fit professional keeper on the books - it's got nothing to do with the experience of the available keepers either. As far as we know they have at least Gazzaniga and some American with the awesome name Cody Cropper fit and available as well as Davis, so it's a no-go on the loan.

I know this because Newcastle earlier in the season weren't allowed to get an emergency keeper in when both senior keepers Krul and Elliot were injured. Twenty one year old Alnwick (despite never having played for us) counted as the first of our fit professional keepers and seventeen year old Freddy Woodman (the son of our goalkeeping coach!) ridiculously counted as the second because he's officially on a professional contract. :roll:

By the look of their wiki page, Southampton also have two development squad keepers (Will Britt and Chris Johns) who will presumably count too.

teknohed
Treebeard

Post by teknohed »

Only Man City are allowed to recall loan keepers.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

teknohed wrote:Only Man City are allowed to recall loan keepers.
The same thing actually did happen to City a few years ago actually. Both their first and second choice keepers (Shay Given and Stuart Taylor) got injured and they were not allowed to recall the then-out-on-loan Joe Hart.

They were however allowed an emergency loan (Marton Fulop) as City only had one fit professional keeper on the books (seemingly Faroe Islands' Gunnar Nielsen).

Weirdly, the BBC article from the time suggests that Hart may have been able to be recalled if City had 'bought out' the loan deal even though there was no recall clause (though in the end the FA apparently decided this would be too complicated/involve too much money changing hands). I'm not sure whether the rule has actually been tightened since then.

Blacksunrise
Wideboy

Post by Blacksunrise »

Thanks, guys! If nothing wrong happens Davis will be my pick, and I'm already suffering with the cointoss between him and Myhill for gw32.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

anyone know if guzan's wife has given birth yet? cant find it anywhere. missed the usa games as she was expecting.just wondering whether he will be playing in the next gwk as looking for a forster replacement

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Stemania wrote:
jacksosi wrote:I will go with Davis too, but are they allowed to get in a loan keeper or anything like that with a long term injury?
No. The rule for an emergency GK loan is that you have to have only one fit professional keeper on the books - it's got nothing to do with the experience of the available keepers either. As far as we know they have at least Gazzaniga and some American with the awesome name Cody Cropper fit and available as well as Davis, so it's a no-go on the loan.

I know this because Newcastle earlier in the season weren't allowed to get an emergency keeper in when both senior keepers Krul and Elliot were injured. Twenty one year old Alnwick (despite never having played for us) counted as the first of our fit professional keepers and seventeen year old Freddy Woodman (the son of our goalkeeping coach!) ridiculously counted as the second because he's officially on a professional contract. :roll:

By the look of their wiki page, Southampton also have two development squad keepers (Will Britt and Chris Johns) who will presumably count too.
FOL scout mentions a possible loan :/

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news ... yhill.html

"However, with reports suggesting that Southampton manager Ronald Koeman may bring in cover on loan for Forster, FPL managers may not feel assured that Davis is a certain starter."

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Indeed, some people running a website that haven't taken the time to read the rules of football lazily give credence to reports made by people running another website that also haven't taken the time to read the rules of football. :roll:

It's how football media and reporting works. Lazy sensationalism with no foundation in truth.

I believe the keeper in these 'reports' is Stekelenburg, who has previously worked with Koeman at Ajax and is already out on loan at Monaco, so you can see where the utter lazy waste of everyone's time has come from...

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

What am I missing? I poll to replace Forster, and the winner us......Forster?

What about Davis?

yaskovsky7
Kevin and Perry

Post by yaskovsky7 »

If Davis will be still in pick squad at 31 GW, at saturday i'll do two transfers:
Guzan-->Davis
Hutton-->Alderweireled
because of fixtures for this two teams.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”