To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Injury Concerns.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Re: Injury Concerns.

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

It can be both, injury & rest.

The commentators mentioned the injury before the start of the match, but also said that he was being 'rested' to not risk aggravating it. I imagine he could've started, if absolutely necessary, i.e. Champions League knock-out tie or similar.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

When I saw Yaya not in the squad I thought Pelligrini was just leaving him out against a perceived 'pushover' team so that he would be guaranteed to be available to play vs Sunderland.
Had he played him yesterday there was the possibility of a fifth yellow card and a suspension for the Sunderland game. Unless I have misunderstood the cut off point for 5 YC's?

I still think this is the most likely situation.

He didn't give Burnley enough respect... paid the price... and is now covering his arse with a vague 'slight injury' rumour.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Bertie64 wrote:When I saw Yaya not in the squad I thought Pelligrini was just leaving him out against a perceived 'pushover' team so that he would be guaranteed to be available to play vs Sunderland.
Had he played him yesterday there was the possibility of a fifth yellow card and a suspension for the Sunderland game. Unless I have misunderstood the cut off point for 5 YC's?

I still think this is the most likely situation.

He didn't give Burnley enough respect... paid the price... and is now covering his arse with a vague 'slight injury' rumour.
Agree with this.

Barring any further news, I have him earmarked as captain next GW.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Hope so. But if he plays against Sunderland we can then expect him to take a yellow card, so he would have his suspension when he is in ACON, right?

That fact will probably prevent me from captaining him, even though it's only one (doubled) point :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Finisher1 wrote:Hope so. But if he plays against Sunderland we can then expect him to take a yellow card, so he would have his suspension when he is in ACON, right?

That fact will probably prevent me from captaining him, even though it's only one (doubled) point :lol:
Isnt the yellow card amnesty in place for the next Gw?

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

Doesn't the limit just go up on 1st Jan to 10 before April or something similar. I admit I can never confidently remember how this thing works.

Regardless though, if the 5 card limit still applies I would think he would serve the ban in the cup game before he leaves for ACON anyway.
Otherwise I doubt he would be able to serve a ban whilst away and unavailable for selection.

I'm pretty sure it would not be a ban after 31/12.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

According to the FA Disciplinary Rules if a player receives 5 cautions between the first day of the season and 31st December they will be suspended for a period of 1 match .
If a player receives a 5th caution after the 31st December they will be warned as to their future conduct, (which means nothing in real terms).
If a player receives 10 cautions between the first day of the season and the second Sunday in April they will be suspended for a period of 2 matches.

Cards from the next game only count towards the 10 caution threshold
Last edited by The Catman on 29 Dec 2014, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Okay that's good to know!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Steven Taylor out for the season with a ruptured achilles.

goldenrookie
Treebeard

Post by goldenrookie »

Ron vlaar was injured today and came off

goldenrookie
Treebeard

Post by goldenrookie »

The Catman wrote:According to the FA Disciplinary Rules if a player receives 5 cautions between the first day of the season and 31st December they will be suspended for a period of 1 match .
If a player receives a 5th caution after the 31st December they will be warned as to their future conduct, (which means nothing in real terms).
If a player receives 10 cautions between the first day of the season and the second Sunday in April they will be suspended for a period of 2 matches.

Cards from the next game only count towards the 10 caution threshold
They mentioned this on BT sport during spurs beating of Chelsea . when fabregas was getting keen and dowd cautioning him . Cesc really didn't like losing haha they proper lost today though

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Lamela and Sakho injured, Llallana having a scan on his thigh

Brunauge
Treebeard

Post by Brunauge »

Any news on Sturridge and Aguero?

Any updates on when they will be back?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Still keep saying Sturridge is hopeful for sometime in January

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

A nipper

@physioroom: Sean Dyche confirmed Dean Marney was suffering from illness while Jason Shackell "nipped his calf" Kevin is being assessed #BFC #Clarets

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Gylfi Sigurðsson injury rumour. Don't think it makes him a doubt, but clearly it could limit his game time and potential. Happy to have him on my bench this week, though generally I don't like benching such a good player.

Swansea City forced to wrap Gylfi Sigurdsson in cotton wool, Garry Monk reveals.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Ah a perfect way to get rid of him for all those too proud to jump off the season keeper.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Yes, perhaps if you were disappointed with the 25 points you got from 4 games he's played since people started selling him, despite the fact he is apparently struggling with an injury. :lol:

Tell us when Walcott scores, I'm sure you'll make a thread about it. :)

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

I will make two, don't you worry about that.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Gylfi Sigurðsson injury rumour. Don't think it makes him a doubt, but clearly it could limit his game time and potential. Happy to have him on my bench this week, though generally I don't like benching such a good player.

Swansea City forced to wrap Gylfi Sigurdsson in cotton wool, Garry Monk reveals.
Unfortunately (as I don't own him) I'm sure he'll be fine. That is an awesome picture of him though on that link. Looks like he is doing an angry Gorilla impression :lol:

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Looks like Alderweireld is out for 4 weeks. Bummer

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

asm_fanz wrote:Looks like Alderweireld is out for 4 weeks. Bummer
Source: http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/ ... ry-update/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goddamn. It's a bit of an awkward amount of time out. To transfer him out and back in again takes two transfers. Over 4 weeks that's half of my transfers... On top of that there's not many attractive options at his price and below. Gardos is an option but then you are commited to the two transfers.
I'll have to think about this.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

TheChairLeg wrote:
Source: http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/ ... ry-update/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goddamn. It's a bit of an awkward amount of time out. To transfer him out and back in again takes two transfers. Over 4 weeks that's half of my transfers... On top of that there's not many attractive options at his price and below. Gardos is an option but then you are commited to the two transfers.
Gardos, Rose, Chambers after this GW, or a Stoke defender look to be the best options to me.

My main conundrum first and foremost though is whether it is worth taking a hit to replace him this week, or just benching him, playing a slightly weaker defence, and swapping him out for free next week..

Any thoughts on the matter?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Any news on the chap van pussy yet?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Notned wrote:
TheChairLeg wrote:

Gardos, Rose, Chambers after this GW, or a Stoke defender look to be the best options to me.

My main conundrum first and foremost though is whether it is worth taking a hit to replace him this week, or just benching him, playing a slightly weaker defence, and swapping him out for free next week..

Any thoughts on the matter?
No way would it be worth a hit.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

TheChairLeg wrote:

Yeah agreed. If he is back in exactly one month he could conceivably miss just three games. That sucks, but is that enough to steal half your transfers over the next month?

Tough call.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Wildcard activated Monday.

Needed to make significant changes to my defence, get Southampton cover in and avoid a number of price changes.

Only one mid/forward change made though Austin :arrow: Aguero

Lots of talk about Austin's goal scoring; I personally can't see it continuing. I also think Swansea will go downhill.

That's as much as I'm giving away :P

edit - I seem to have posted this in the wrong thread... :?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Looks like RVP may well miss this weekends game.

Thankfully I managed to decide on making the change before I got priced out of it!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Reports suggest Van Persie is expected to miss this weekend's trip to QPR with ankle injury

http://t.co/Ur8Vbm0VPm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's the Mail though so best wait to see how true it is.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

ADM pretty certain to play as a striker then. 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”