To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Injury Concerns.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Injury Concerns.

Post by Billy Bongo »

@br_uk: Sergio Aguero latest from Pellegrini: ’Bad news. He has problem with his ligament in his knee’ http://t.co/vQzXBj508J" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://t.co/f8JVm9LmvS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Arsenal reckon Ramsey (hamstring) and Flamini (calf) are "absolutely fine" after being subbed off at h/t tonight

http://t.co/r63MjTCznH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Speaking ahead of the game with Newcastle, Wenger confirmed that he will be without Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Mikel Arteta, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere and Calum Chambers, who is suspended.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

swadd1er wrote:Speaking ahead of the game with Newcastle, Wenger confirmed that he will be without Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Mikel Arteta, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere and Calum Chambers, who is suspended.
Glad to see Gibbs will be playing then, although the shape of the defence doesn't really inspire much confidence!

Debuchy - ??? - Mertesacker - Gibbs

No idea who that ??? centre back will be...

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Courtois now injured

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

swadd1er wrote:Speaking ahead of the game with Newcastle, Wenger confirmed that he will be without Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Mikel Arteta, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere and Calum Chambers, who is suspended.
Captain Cisse? :D

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Arsenal reckon Ramsey (hamstring) and Flamini (calf) are "absolutely fine" after being subbed off at h/t tonight http://t.co/r63MjTCznH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ramsey not fit for Newcastle game according to BBC Sport

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

gallus wrote:
Captain Cisse? :D
He's far from certain to start I'm afraid (althiough I realise you're not serious). He's got an ongoing knee problem from his knee cap injury at the end of last season which apparently requires a certain level of playing time protection.

The No 9 – who is the club’s top scorer with seven goals – broke his kneecap against Swansea City last term and underwent surgery in France last summer. Yet Pardew has restricted Cisse’s pitch-time in recent weeks.

The United boss said: “It is a situation with his knee which means we have to protect him. Could he have done that in the last 35 minutes if he had played the whole game?

“Probably not. He was fresh. There is one thing you do know - he will score.”

"By the time we get to the summer it will all be over. Just from now until the summer we have to be careful with him."

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Courtois now injured
Are you effing kidding me? Was planning to keep both Krul and Elliot in my team although injuries. Then started to think that Courtois only has to play 1 CS before those 2 keepers are match fit again. I did a Krul :arrow: Courtois for a -4 and now this.

Already -8 this GW... Now would be -12... Still have WC to use.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

nufctoon wrote:
Are you effing kidding me? Was planning to keep both Krul and Elliot in my team although injuries. Then started to think that Courtois only has to play 1 CS before those 2 keepers are match fit again. I did a Krul :arrow: Courtois for a -4 and now this.

WC and get Hart in

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

The Toon Man wrote:
nufctoon wrote:

WC and get Hart in
Should I? What are everyone else thinking? My team for this GW is:

Hart (Already made a transfer)
Baines, Taylor, Hutton
Sanchez, Yaya, Hazard, Siggy
Pelle, Bony, Berahino

Sub: Boyd (Elliot, Duff, Chambers)

Krul :arrow: Courtois
Fabregas :arrow: Sanchez -4pts
Agüero :arrow: Bony -8pts
Courtois :arrow: Hart -12pts

e. This thing is falling apart. :lol: :lol: :lol: After Tacalabala's comment, I understood that maybe it would have been better to play with injured Courtois than -4pts for Hart. :twisted:

I pay more interest in my mini-league as I'm the #1 atm. Had a 25 point lead so -12pts isn't that bad of a thing. Wish I could go back in time and wait for saturday to make the gk transfer. Effing idiot.
Last edited by nufctoon on 12 Dec 2014, 15:08, edited 4 times in total.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

The Toon Man wrote:
nufctoon wrote:

WC and get Hart in
He won't score more than 6pts without luck, better to swallow it and keep the WC.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

nufctoon wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:
nufctoon wrote:

WC and get Hart in
Should I? What are everyone else thinking? My team for this GW is:

Hart (Already made a transfer)
Baines, Taylor, Hutton
Sanchez, Yaya, Hazard, Siggy
Pelle, Bony, Berahino

Sub: Boyd (Elliot, Duff, Chambers)

Krul :arrow: Courtois
Fabregas :arrow: Sanchez -4pts
Agüero :arrow: Bony -8pts
Courtois :arrow: Hart -12pts

A wildcard seems a waste so close to January.. But if you have done a 12 point hit already could use the wildcard to replace the likes of Duff, Chambers and Berahino. I probably would wildcard actually as wouldn't like a 12 point hit

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

This is bullshit. Even though I had suspensions I thought I will survive this round without hits and have strong team. Now because of Courtois injury I'll probably get 0pts instead of 6. Not gonna do -4 so I really hope he's back for next week...

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

What's the scenario with Courtois? Is he fit?

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

baganboy wrote:What's the scenario with Courtois? Is he fit?
No news on him yet. Jose said that it was a minor injury, so he should be back soon.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

I doubt they will rush Courtois with Cech as back up.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Doubts over Oxlade-Chamberlin. Looks like I jumped off at the right time.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Notned wrote:Doubts over Oxlade-Chamberlin. Looks like I jumped off at the right time.
Prior to the GW1 deadline? ;)

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Mirallas hopes to be fit for Southampton:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/ke ... ry-8296393

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Sammy the Crab wrote:Mirallas hopes to be fit for Southampton:

Thanks Sammy, must say i'm very surprised but pleased as a fan if not for fpl reasons. There'll probably be a rush get shut of Baines, price could plummet.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

liquidfootball2 wrote:There'll probably be a rush get shut of Baines, price could plummet.
with Azpi/Clyne/Hutton/Dummett I had to decide which to drop to get an MCI one, now my choice is done (albeit I can absorb Baine's 1st 0.1m drop as fee)

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

As a Mirallas owner hes been a great pick recently bar the City game which is understandable since coming back from injury, when you some of the NTOs this season for the likes of Ericksen, Chadli, Tadic etc. Hes more the held his own ppg and been a real diferential as my ADM replacement.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
Sammy the Crab wrote:Mirallas hopes to be fit for Southampton:

Thanks Sammy, must say i'm very surprised but pleased as a fan if not for fpl reasons. There'll probably be a rush get shut of Baines, price could plummet.
I'm not rushing to sell Baines yet, particularly as I could get Ivanović or Azpi in for Cresswell after he's played Leicester this week and before his two hard fixtures.

Latest from Everton, published in the last hour.
Roberto Martinez says it will be the latter part of this week before the full extent of Kevin Mirallas’ ankle problem is discovered.

Mirallas, who had scored Everton's second goal in the 3-1 win over QPR with a deflected free-kick, was forced from the field in the closing stages after a Jordon Mutch challenge.

The Belgian is undergoing scans on the injury and Martinez, speaking on Tuesday afternoon, explained that the results are not due back for at least a couple more days.

“We are still doing some tests and nothing is conclusive yet,” the manager told evertonfc.com.

“It’s clearly ankle damage and we are not going to find out until the next two or three days the extent of the injury.”
Source.

If Mirallas is out for more than one game, I'll keep Baines.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

The way his ankle got stuck underneath Mutch suggests it was strained in directions it simply isn't meant to go! Coupled with the fact that they are waiting to scan it until the swelling goes down means I'll be amazed if he plays at Southampton next GW. Stinks of a ligament injury.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Yes i'm waiting

MIRALLAS UPDATE: Martinez says it will be another ‘two or three days’ before the full extent of the winger’s ankle injury is discovered.

As CK implies in the above post, this doesn't sound like there's any prospect of him playing at the weekend. May decide to get rid for Zab or JT but not this week.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Courtois : Seems that I will make the GK change, and then Courtois will play. C'est la vie.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Newcastle's goalkeeper situation goes from bad to worse to insane: http://www.nufcblog.com/2014/12/18/newc ... oalkeeper/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Mirallas ruled out of weekend trip to Saints by Martinez. Osman, McCarthy and Gibson doubtful

http://t.co/eVKmAwibD2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Bob Newhart wrote:Newcastle's goalkeeper situation goes from bad to worse to insane: http://www.nufcblog.com/2014/12/18/newc ... oalkeeper/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well this sucks, I had set my mind on getting Alnwick. I guess we'll know more tomorrow

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”