To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Greasemonkey script to display team data on FPL league page

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Bergkamp_22
FISOhead
FS Record: 2,263 points

Re: Greasemonkey script to display team data on FPL league p

Post by Bergkamp_22 »

Awesome thank you. When looking after being really impressed with it last night the only other column i could think of adding was Vice-captain! After noticing someone had Sanchez as captain in my mini league yesterday who obviously didn't play :P

Innes
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 10,000 in FPL

Post by Innes »

Very nice, thank you.

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

Outstanding! You, Sir, are a gent.

Have you produced any other FPL software Nick? If it's as good as this script it'll be unmissable.

nickchild
FISOhead
FS Record: 180th Overall FPL and X-League Winner 2008/09

Post by nickchild »

Bergkamp_22 wrote:The only other column i could think of adding was Vice-captain! After noticing someone had Sanchez as captain in my mini league yesterday who obviously didn't play :P
OK I've added the vice-captain to the rollover of the captain.

Also fixed a bug from the last update. It wasn't actually ignoring players who had played 0 minutes, so everyone was showing as having 11 played. It is now checking for >0 minutes to count as having played

BJK
Treebeard

Post by BJK »

This is great. Any chance you could add a column that shows points in progress as the game week is live? Would be great.

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Already there BJK.

The gameweek live score is under 'Live' and the live total is under 'Total'

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

When a player doesn't play, like Oscar this week, they still show up in the To Play column

BJK
Treebeard

Post by BJK »

Must've missed it. Thanks!

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Surprised wrote:When a player doesn't play, like Oscar this week, they still show up in the To Play column
This was fixed in the latest version (1.6). You will need to reinstall from the link in the OP.

Edit: Do you mean they shouldn't appear? I guess I could have a column for people who have played 0 minutes as well as yet to play. Will do that...

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

...done.

I have moved the 3 options to 1 - Playing stats

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

nickchild wrote:
Surprised wrote:When a player doesn't play, like Oscar this week, they still show up in the To Play column
This was fixed in the latest version (1.6). You will need to reinstall from the link in the OP.

Edit: Do you mean they shouldn't appear? I guess I could have a column for people who have played 0 minutes as well as yet to play. Will do that...

Maybe not appear as their team played but they didn't so are no longer "To Play" but played

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

I've added a separate column to show those whose teams have played (or are playing) but they themselves have played 0 minutes.

This way you can then see how many have failed to play and check their bench to see who would replace them. You can view their bench by clicking the position change indicator on the far left of the row.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

nickchild wrote:I've added a separate column to show those whose teams have played (or are playing) but they themselves have played 0 minutes.

This way you can then see how many have failed to play and check their bench to see who would replace them. You can view their bench by clicking the position change indicator on the far left of the row.

Just saw that when I updated. Brilliant stuff!

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

nickchild, please could you add a feature that shows the average home/away points for a player? But only if they have played in that game, so it won't take a 0 into account if they didn't feature at all.

The script from 2-3 years ago once worked, but it now shows the wrong figure as an average.

deafleopard
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 334th in FPL 2013-2014. The rest is average...

Post by deafleopard »

Without doubt I think this is the best post I've ever seen, well the script anyway.

This gives an amazing insight from when the game updates at 11:30 on Saturday Morning up right until when the very last whistle blows.

Although it tells you so much on one screen I can now see myself trawling through pages of standings as the weekend unfolds basically being nosy.

Nick you deserve some sort of Fiso honoury Knighthood for this, although I'm not sure the wife would agree .....

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

KingCabbage wrote:nickchild, please could you add a feature that shows the average home/away points for a player? But only if they have played in that game, so it won't take a 0 into account if they didn't feature at all.

The script from 2-3 years ago once worked, but it now shows the wrong figure as an average.
I'm not sure this information belongs on the league page. It sounds like the sort of data that you would display in the player info popup window or on the team selection screen. Which sounds like a script for another weekend...!

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

nickchild wrote:
KingCabbage wrote:nickchild, please could you add a feature that shows the average home/away points for a player? But only if they have played in that game, so it won't take a 0 into account if they didn't feature at all.

I'm not sure this information belongs on the league page. It sounds like the sort of data that you would display in the player info popup window or on the team selection screen. Which sounds like a script for another weekend...!
Yes, sorry you're right. I've sent you a PM. I'm happy to pay for the update on the Razza script (and let other members of this forum to freely download), if it would make it more do-able.

tiredjoecole
Kevin and Perry

Post by tiredjoecole »

This is extremely cool. Thanks for putting the time in to make it.

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Well you actually piqued my interest and the player data is nicely accessible via an API.

So I have started to have a play and think I have what you wanted...

https://openuserjs.org/install/nickchil ... fo.user.js" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Try that.

When you go to your team screen it adds 2 columns to the 'Data View' showing you the data under 'H ave' and 'A ave'

Edit: Also added PP90 and PPG

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

nickchild wrote:Well you actually piqued my interest and the player data is nicely accessible via an API.

So I have started to have a play and think I have what you wanted...

https://openuserjs.org/install/nickchil ... fo.user.js" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Try that.

When you go to your team screen it adds 2 columns to the 'Data View' showing you the data under 'H ave' and 'A ave'

Edit: Also added PP90 and PPG
Should this work on Firefox or is it browser specific? I don't seem to be able to see it on Firefox after installation.

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Did you use the link in that post? It's a new script.

Should show on team details page > data view (not on transfers screen)

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

nickchild wrote:Did you use the link in that post? It's a new script.

Should show on team details page > data view (not on transfers screen)
Yeah I downloaded: https://openuserjs.org/install/nickchil ... fo.user.js" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As you know with GM it'll show in the upper Firefox toolbar if it's recognised as a script for that website (to enable or disable), but it's not showing it at all. Using Firefox 32.0.2

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Ah! I was looking at my team via a league and was running on a different URL (/entry*). I have added (/my-team*) as well now

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Fixed a bug with the league table script:

If displaying 'Total value' without selecting both team and bank values it breaks the script

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

deafleopard wrote:Although it tells you so much on one screen I can now see myself trawling through pages of standings as the weekend unfolds basically being nosy
It will run on any global league as well. Majority of the top 50 captained Di Maria this week, but will be interesting to check again at the start of the next gameweek...

It's also a nice quick way to see how many transfers the top teams have been making and how many wildcards have been played

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

nickchild wrote:Ah! I was looking at my team via a league and was running on a different URL (/entry*). I have added (/my-team*) as well now
OK I'm still not seeing it. Could you add it to the player info > history, tab? So it shows it along with the play stats?

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

The script doesn't seem to work on H2H leagues. That may just be me though.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

garypallister wrote:Nick, this is awesome!
This is gonna save me 1000 clicks per week, well done :D
nickchild wrote:Yep that was the main factor behind writing the script in the first place. Checking everyone's team value and how many transfers they've made, then everyone's captain, then everyone's score once it all gets going.... then you forget it all and have to start again. It's all there now!
Dram wrote:This is fantastic, thanks!
Just thought I'd share that it works perfectly on Chrome with the "Tampermonkey" extension.
+1 +1 +1 !!!1!!1!!!

wow. awesome
___

err.... on weekends I only access from mobile
any chance it might work on android?
...or shouldn't I even try?

sorry for the dumb question, geezer here, my nerdy days are over 2 decades past (if ever), now I'm like a total newbie on all mobile techs

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

MoSe it looks like you may be in luck: http://lifehacker.com/5811097/tampermon ... in-android" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't have an Android phone so I can't test but feel free to have a go.

You will need to make sure you go to the desktop version of the site and I can't guarantee it will work or be usable on a smaller screen but good luck!

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Surprised wrote:The script doesn't seem to work on H2H leagues. That may just be me though.
Fixed now.

The problem was that the manager names are not shown in the H2H league table so my identifier was broken. I am now using just the team name, which is fine as long as there are not 2 teams with the same name on the page...

Will change it to use the FPL team ID at some point to make sure

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”