To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Christian dogma; do you believe in the ress-Eriksen?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Christian dogma; do you believe in the ress-Eriksen?

Post by The Username »

MPTree wrote:How's Eriksen looking these days? Chadli has scored or assisted in 4 of Spurs' last five, suggesting he's getting forward more than Eriksen, but I haven't been watching many games recently so don't know if this accurately reflects the positions they're getting into.

Eriksen might come out my team this week to free up funds for Aguero (though I'm wary of doing this with Spurs' next fixture) or, at the very least, is on the shortlist of midfielders I'm looking at taking out with my WC. Would be good to know if he's still looking as threatening, despite a slight points drought recently.
Great player, poor FFPL pick IMO. Unless you have him for the three GW's in a row he hits double figures and have the patience for the 2 points he will score in the other seven.

He tends to be very streaky, cant justify holding with other options. TBH PPG Chadli looks the far superior pick IMO. There is an added bonus of being able to rotate/transfer in and out - with Siggy and Downing depending on fixtures.

Eriksen might be a nice differential for a DGW or at the end of the season if in form.
Last edited by The Username on 12 Jan 2015, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

He has really punished those who brought him in off the back of some hauls. The 2pt contribution to the 5 goal victory over Chelsea must have been a real kick in the nads for anyone who did so.

Now that he's had a bunch of blanks, he'll probably pop up with some double digit scores to pi55 of the people selling him.

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

tommygun25 wrote:Eriksen will do good this season but Fabregas, Hazard and Sanchez will do better.

With Kane and Chadli providing better value I could never own him.
I think this still holds true.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I disagree with anyone who says Eriksen is a poor fantasy pick. He's clearly not a must have, but he's certainly still a good player to own, and I won't be taking him out until his fixtures get tougher come GW24, and even then I may consider keeping as I got him for 7.8m. Blanks for an 8.0m player are quite common, in fact they can blank over half the time and still be good value, you just need to be patient.

We regularly hear about Wilfried Bony's 2014 goalscoring record, but what about Eriksen's? In 2013, Eriksen had to adapt to a new league and suffer playing under AVB, since then he's scored more like a £9.0m FPL player. In the 38 game weeks of 2014, Eriksen had 34 appearances with 13 goals and 8 assists, scoring over 180 points, if he had done that over a season rather than a calendar year he'd be in most teams at £8.0m.

Since his goal against Leicester, Eriksen's performances have been good, but certainly no reason to want to bring him in. In the Chelsea game he set up Nacer Chadli's post hit that ended in the Danny Rose goal, and skipped past Matić to pass the ball to Harry Kane before he won the penalty. Against Palace he missed a good opportunity that fell just behind him, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I guess depends on how you'd like to interpret it.

I certainly would keep him for the next two fixtures, he is a decent pick with favourable fixtures, and is part of a Spurs triple up for me. I can appreciate that if you're on wildcard this week, it may be that someone else fits better in your team.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

I have had him for a while now but if you are on WC then he has to go. I don't think two attacking from Spurs is a great idea and with Kane around he should cover a lot of Spurs attacking gains.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

He is a Silva-esque pick. When there is an adequete striker around there is no need to double up.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Carlos Kickaball wrote: Since his goal against Leicester, Eriksen's performances have been good, but certainly no reason to want to bring him in. In the Chelsea game he set up Nacer Chadli's post hit that ended in the Danny Rose goal, and skipped past Matić to pass the ball to Harry Kane before he won the penalty. Against Palace he missed a good opportunity that fell just behind him, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I guess depends on how you'd like to interpret it.

I certainly would keep him for the next two fixtures, he is a decent pick with favourable fixtures, and is part of a Spurs triple up for me. I can appreciate that if you're on wildcard this week, it may be that someone else fits better in your team.
Thanks for this. Useful to know he's still in the thick of it. I think I'm holding off on my WC, so it's basically a choice between holding Eriksen or getting Aguero in early.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

I like Eriksen but TBH I'm not sure I can see any reason for putting the extra 1,7m into Eriksen over Chadli (I have Chadli btw, so maybe biased).

Spurs are hot and cold anyway and everything seems to indicate the points are just as likely to be shared between the two of them going forward as they have been up to date.

There's some good fixtures coming up so I wouldn't get rid either, but the extra coin could probably be better spent if you do want Spurs midfield cover. I think it's little more than a coin toss between Eriksen and Chadli, which is fine...

...but one side of the coin is 20-25% cheaper.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
Since his goal against Leicester, Eriksen's performances have been good, but certainly no reason to want to bring him in. In the Chelsea game he set up Nacer Chadli's post hit that ended in the Danny Rose goal, and skipped past Matić to pass the ball to Harry Kane before he won the penalty. Against Palace he missed a good opportunity that fell just behind him, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I guess depends on how you'd like to interpret it.

Agree with your post CK and I'll be monitoring Eriksen as there is a couple of midfield spots up for grabs in my team unless Downing and Silva hold them down.

If were being picky, it was Ivanovic rolling it back to Cahill for the Kane penalty (sorry :D )

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

You're indeed correct, I believe Eriksen skipped past Matić, but then Ivanović just beat Eriksen to the ball and knocked it to Kane.

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

That freekick!! :o

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

JLH wrote:That freekick!! :o
Yes indeed. Wonderful.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Always a bit irritating when your player gets a big haul in the wrong competition.

Unbelievable freekick, although according to Leroy Rosenior on the League Cup show the keeper should have saved it. :lol: :lol:

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

I'm on Eriksen he is in form and Spurs are giving him more and more of the ball.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

I'll probably bring him in for Cazorla but not until his DGW. Goinn with 2 Spurs in the run up to a blank GW for them is too much IMO.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

RidleyMTB wrote:I'll probably bring him in for Cazorla but not until his DGW. Goinn with 2 Spurs in the run up to a blank GW for them is too much IMO.
Agree with this. I currently have Eriksen, but he'll likely be dropped from my wildcard team regardless of how well he plays this weekend, and only bring him back after the blank GW.

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

He is bang in form and can see him scoring again this GW.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

So is the West Brom defence.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Definitely a consideration for the double GW! Will probably hold off until then though, what with the blank the week before.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Got him just now, and pretty much regardless of how well he plays this weekend he'll be gone in my WC team, as can't be carrying 5 Spurs/Chelsea players ahead of the League Cup Final. Will likely get him back for the DGW and beyond.

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:So is the West Brom defence.
Going for a 3rd clean sheet in a row in the FPL.

Yeah they haven't really been tested yet so lets wait and see how they do against Spurs.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

They only got a cleanie last game because of Mirallas' idiocy don't forget.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Does that count as half a clean sheet then?

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Stemania wrote:They only got a cleanie last game because of Mirallas' idiocy don't forget.
Last game was Brum away and Grounds scored who I used to pick in FPL when he was a 4.0m defender so not airtight

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Definitely staying in my team.

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

tommygun25 wrote:
Definitely staying in my team.
Was going to drop him for a Chelsea defender, now he's staying and I'm dropping the Chelsea defender

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

On Eriksen until the Spurs wave crashes.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Think I'm going to try and resist until his blank week is out of the way, and bring him in after that, making sure he is in place for the double game week

He has a few tricky fixtures until then anyway, so maybe his output will diminish slightly. Not that quality of opponents should hold that much weight when he is in such great form.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

Anyone jumping on Eriksen this week? I have a few casualties - Wisdom, Wasilewski and Tadic I need to address. I wanted a luxary transfer of Tadic to Walcott/Ozil this week but I want money in the bank to move Giroud to Costa in GW28 so would then need to move ADM or Ozil out for Eriksen in GW28. Eriksen is rising tonight so imagine that by the time GW28 arrives he could be a fair bit more and I think he is a good pick for the run in.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Arseshavin wrote:Anyone jumping on Eriksen this week? I have a few casualties - Wisdom, Wasilewski and Tadic I need to address. I wanted a luxary transfer of Tadic to Walcott/Ozil this week but I want money in the bank to move Giroud to Costa in GW28 so would then need to move ADM or Ozil out for Eriksen in GW28. Eriksen is rising tonight so imagine that by the time GW28 arrives he could be a fair bit more and I think he is a good pick for the run in.
No, to many players not playing in the GW27 then!

Will bench Kane, Hazard and Terry.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”