To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Overall rank

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Overall rank

1-1000
11%
1000-10000
29%
10000-100000
40%
100000-500000
15%
>500000
5%

Total votes: 299

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: Overall rank

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Congratulations Silky.

MoSe is making sure his log scale runs from 1-10, not just with 10-1000 as the highest category.

Just hope he doesn't accidentally make it run from 0-10, otherwise we won't have enough space to fit the graph. :lol:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

helmethead too is in with a great chance of winning the FISO league, he's now closed up on silkworm and is just 20 behind with a wildcard to play.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Thanks guys and yes, great score for helmethead too. I'm not sure who's favourite between us with my 20 points versus his wildcard. Could depend on when/if Liverpool have a double to determine how effective the wildcard is.

Have to get up early for work but not sure I'm going to manage to sleep before I see the new rank (should be top 5), and looking forward to MoSe extending the y-axis on that graph tomorrow :)

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Great stuff silkworm, someone mentioned possibly even 3rd but we'll soon see. Hope you manage to maintain this, it could be the week that won the fpl for you!

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

It's tough for me to cheer on somebody that's actually in one of my cash leagues but I think I can say with certainty that after this week, I just can't catch you.
So go on and win it all now, son. Win it all.

toffeelover
2015 FISO Golf Champion
Location: I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford
FS Record: GolfGenius2007, OFL Golf Majors 2002, OFL Golf overall 2nd, 4th, 7th & 8th, OFL Golf Fall Finish 2013

Post by toffeelover »

thesilkworm wrote:I stay 13th for now. Should drop a little tomorrow if Aguero does well, then hopefully bounce back when Benteke scores his hat-trick on Tuesday.
:shock:

Next time ask for 4 goals :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

SW 4th just 2p from podium (-15 & -32 from highest steps)
HH 17th 20p behind him, as you said

cosider for instance this gw in Top50 overall ranked teams, gw scores ranged from 46 to 121
Even ignoring the extremes, in general from 70 to 100+
A 30p gap could evaporate (or get dug) in just one gw

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Btw, leader broke 2k pts

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Re: leagues, the Best 5 box is not updated yet
checking individually, we have easily overtaken the 5th
and should be few pts in avg ahead FFFix too which was 4th (liquid & Barbarian horde contributing to both :) )

will check tomorrow, now I'll get some 3.5 hrs sleep

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Slipped to 75th overall and just 4th in FISO, what a great night for Benteke captainers - all about silkworm and helmethead now, with the former in with a great chance of actually winning it and so soon after our last overall champion - Spidey.

Thanks for the league's update MoSe, hopefully it will be updated soon. Great night for our five FISO counters with all five now in the top 79, although only two points between Archy in third and Barbarian Horde (Batistuta?) in fifth.

Batistuta
Treebeard

Post by Batistuta »

Awesome ranks everywhere and keep it up Silkworm.

I'm 9th in FISO and 416th overall. Would be more than happy to keep that until the end.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

liquidfootball2 wrote: and Barbarian Horde (Batistuta?) in fifth.
easily enough, Batistuta is "FC BatiGOL" :)
I was wondering who Barbarian Horde is indeed...
  • I wish I had been keener in keeping records of the hints dropped here by those who don't show their FPL link,
    and of the links of those who only post once or twice per season :mrgreen:
will have to do some back research

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

Thanks all. I am probably a few too many points back at this late stage but silkworm has a decent chance, sitting pretty in 4th. The leader is pretty conservative having not made a transfer hit all season so will probably take something special and a bit of luck to overhaul him, 32 points with a wildcard in hand will be tough, but certainly not impossible.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Conservative vs Dgws and wildcard is not the worst position to be in.

Superb stuff from both of you. Whatever happens from here on in, to even reach those ranks is outstanding. And very well done to the whole top 5 for getting fiso up the table. :D

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

MoSe wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote: and Barbarian Horde (Batistuta?) in fifth.
easily enough, Batistuta is "FC BatiGOL" :)
I was wondering who Barbarian Horde is indeed...
  • I wish I had been keener in keeping records of the hints dropped here by those who don't show their FPL link,
    and of the links of those who only post once or twice per season :mrgreen:
will have to do some back research
I have some trouble for instance tracking down therumcake :mrgreen:

based on his posts he should have been
but only 2 FISOers (and he said he had joined the league)
scored 100p this GW (which being the 1st GW of April it's easy to sort by GW scores if you filter by April indeed)
  • Immagine.png
one being Hayesag, and the other one a polish guy (Hi! :)) whose ranking history is nowhere near the one declared by therumcake

it could be that he is not that "accurate" in reporting his scores, so he could have scored 101 or 99 or around that this GW?
or that only 3 GW after joining our league, he got wary of being tracked down :oops: and left it? :wink:

or maybe I'm not that good a FPL sherlock after all :mrgreen:

it "looks like" as if i've been "stalking" him... 8-)
actually, with his record and scores I just thought he was one of the FISOers worth to follow,
considering he was 5th in our league just 3 GW ago! :D

(intermediate gw ranking actually)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Stemania wrote:And very well done to the whole top 5 for getting fiso up the table. :D
which as of now it doesn't look like having been updated yet with yesterday scores.... :?:
I begin wondering could have they changed the League scoring method??? :?

I have to update the FISO Divisionals now
will check those slackers later

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

MoSe wrote:
Stemania wrote:And very well done to the whole top 5 for getting fiso up the table. :D
which as of now it doesn't look like having been updated yet with yesterday scores.... :?:
I begin wondering could have they changed the League scoring method??? :?

I have to update the FISO Divisionals now
will check those slackers later
Been updated

FantasyFootballScout1,977.6
Total league 1,960.2
FFS members. 1,943.8
the FISO forum 1,942.4
fantasyfootballfix 1,938.2

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

GREAT!

multiply those averages by 5 to get the absolute amount of Points

we're thus 21 total pts ahead 5th place
and mere 7 total pts adrift 3rd place

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

for the records, here's the FISO League ranking after GW31
FISO League ranking after GW31.png
click on it for full detail

I went down a bit to include regulars like Aldershot Rejects, and V1.0

BTW, welcome to our latest entrant Nailer at #10
  • Nailer6245 wrote:Does this still count? I've posted on FISO for yonks, but slowed up this season, despite it being my best ever (reverse correlation? :wink: ).
    Would be 4th in the league I think, rank 139. Would be 55th if I had gotten the Kane captaincy call right. :oops:
    Nailer6245 wrote:Thanks MoSE/liquid, on that basis I've joined then, if only to see what the overall distribution is on the forum.
    Happy to leave though if that's irked anyone, no biggie. :)
could've been in Top5 if not for this gw unfortunate score :(

there's a 25p gap below top5, then the 6-13th pack is contained within 16p
but you saw as Barbarian Horde broke into Top5 by gaining ~30p this GW over those around him :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Great stuff silkworm, someone mentioned possibly even 3rd but we'll soon see. Hope you manage to maintain this, it could be the week that won the fpl for you!
Thanks - I had calculated 3rd myself too, but must have missed something. Still thrilled with 4th.
The Dazzler wrote:It's tough for me to cheer on somebody that's actually in one of my cash leagues but I think I can say with certainty that after this week, I just can't catch you.
So go on and win it all now, son. Win it all.
Thanks Dazzler - hope you win both of the bigger buy-in ones that I was too much of a nit to join :)
toffeelover wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:I stay 13th for now. Should drop a little tomorrow if Aguero does well, then hopefully bounce back when Benteke scores his hat-trick on Tuesday.
:shock:

Next time ask for 4 goals :lol:
Haha, had forgotten I wrote that. Might try it again this week :)
Batistuta wrote:Awesome ranks everywhere and keep it up Silkworm.
Thanks - will do my best!
helmethead wrote:Thanks all. I am probably a few too many points back at this late stage but silkworm has a decent chance, sitting pretty in 4th. The leader is pretty conservative having not made a transfer hit all season so will probably take something special and a bit of luck to overhaul him, 32 points with a wildcard in hand will be tough, but certainly not impossible.
Sadly I do agree that the leader will be extremely difficult to catch - we have near-identical teams, he doesn't make silly mistakes, and he has a wildcard over me. Still, 32 points isn't so ridiculous that a couple of crazy punts in the last couple of weeks couldn't make it happen if I'm still in contention. I wouldn't be giving hope in your position either, but agree it will be tough for the same reasons it will be for me, although at least you have the wildcard to maybe gamble with a bit. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Stemania wrote:Conservative vs Dgws and wildcard is not the worst position to be in.

Superb stuff from both of you. Whatever happens from here on in, to even reach those ranks is outstanding. And very well done to the whole top 5 for getting fiso up the table. :D
Thanks Ste (and thanks for convincing me to gamble on a doubler in my RMT). Not sure if you misunderstood helmethead's post though - the leader does have a wildcard and I don't (helmethead still has his too). So 32 points is a big ask, but we'll see what happens I guess.

Lastly, thanks MoSe for all the ranking related posts that you make - always an interesting read. Great to see FISO now represented on the front page of the main site and hope we can stay there.

Sorry if this post reads like an Oscar acceptance speech or something, but when people wish me luck etc I feel like I should say thanks :)

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

Silky I've got my fingers crossed for you. I wil obviously try as well but actually having g a wildcard probably hinders my catching the leader as it is looking like 34 or 35 will be the best time to use it and I'm sure we'll end up having very similar teams. A few choice differentials or captain picks could send you right up there. I actually think Gw 33 could be a pretty interesting one and could be some poi ta to be earned here if you have the correct players.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Great job guys. Fiso in the top five leagues is fantastic. Best of luck Silkworm and Helmethead in your runs for the title, it would be great to see one of you do it.

I'm more Carlisle United to your Manchester United but my best gameweek of the season (92) has put me back up to 18431. It is only my second year playing and last year I finished 35792 so I'm pleased with the improvement. I only started reading the Fiso forum this year (I did use crack the code last year though) and I am sure reading some of the insight and advise you guys and all the regular posters give has helped me improve so a big thanks to all of you.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Have fingers crossed for you silky, and helmethead too. It adds some real excitement to the place when we have a FISOer in contention for the title!

It was good to see you making inroads with the Benteke selection this week 8-) , especially after advocating Austin 'only if you already own him’ on the captain thread. That was a nice curve-ball you threw to your rivals there silky :wink:

As for the gap of 32 points and the similar teams, that is not really too much to worry about IMO. We’ve seen over the last 2 weeks in particular that simply picking the right captain in the right week can result in a 30 point swing in one fell swoop so it can definitely be done over the course of several weeks, especially with DGWs looming.

Good luck to both of you. I'll be cheering you both on all the way :D

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

thesilkworm wrote:
Stemania wrote:Conservative vs Dgws and wildcard is not the worst position to be in.
Thanks Ste (and thanks for convincing me to gamble on a doubler in my RMT). Not sure if you misunderstood helmethead's post though - the leader does have a wildcard and I don't (helmethead still has his too). So 32 points is a big ask, but we'll see what happens I guess.
I wonder if Ste had the same thought as me namely that having a WC ahead of DGWs is great but they'll be under massive pressure to use it. You might get lucky and they'll screw up. :twisted:

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Thanks Pulpy and Archy.

Pulpy - those are both very respectable ranks. In my previous seasons (which were a few years back and can't be seen on my season history), I was definitely well into 6 figures. FISO has been a massive help to me too.

Archy - haha, wasn't a deliberate curveball, genuine last minute change of plan to get Benteke in. I'm keeping him for this week so I'm hoping he can help me gain some more ground with a goal at Spurs.

DrBunker - true, I guess there's a chance that he could load up on more doubles than I'm able to get in, they flop, and then I have a better team for other weeks. Probably also worth noting though that I'm as close to 27th place as 1st in terms of points, so need an awful lot of things to go my way to be in with a chance.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but there's an interview with the overall leader here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 34437.html

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

thesilkworm wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but there's an interview with the overall leader here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 34437.html
Having said that, this season is honestly the most casually I’ve approached FPL since I started playing (although that is obviously starting to change now!). I’ve not been over-thinking it. Maybe that’s the key!
Perfect. :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

So what would you do Silkworm if you were say 20 points behind going into the last couple of weeks and still in the top 5?

Being able to say you finished top 5 would be amazing but would you risk it on a punt at the title?

I usually stick to trying to get the best rank I can, but with a shot at eternal glory I guess you'd have to go for it?

thekrumcake
FISOhead

Overall rank

Post by thekrumcake »

MoSe wrote:
I have some trouble for instance tracking down therumcake :mrgreen:

3 GW after joining our league, he got wary of being tracked down :oops: and left it? :wink:
Well played MoSe :smile:

I actually did leave the league. It was because some FISOers were questioning the motives of the late joiners with high ranks. I didn't want to be accused of being a "glory hunter".

This is greatly ironic, since being stalked by you now, after I quit the league, is much more glorious than having some random forum members noticing my ups and downs in overall rank :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Ok, it's a pity but I understand for how you could ignore them, why should you bother putting up with "haters" for how preposterous their motives might be
You see that other recent (and famous) latecomers are receiving more than warm welcome and praise, and the opposing voices echo is lost
I'll have to track you down in overall then rather than in fiso

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Just rejoin, krumcake. The FISO league is not a competition to find the best on FISO (which I assume is the mindset behind any poster being annoyed), it's imo all about representing the forum.

Finishing in the top few of the fiso league is pretty meaningless compared to what it likely translates to in overall position.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”