To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah Welbeck (Arsenal)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah Welbeck (Arsenal)

Post by liquidfootball2 »

It's one of the most inexplicable yellow flags in a long time, a complete joke. Everyone bar fpl towers has known all week he's a certain starter. They might as well give every player in the game a yellow flag incase they get injured before kick-off.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Is Welbeck going to be motivated to do well against Man Utd in a couple of weeks time?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

RidleyMTB wrote:Is Welbeck going to be motivated to do well against Man Utd in a couple of weeks time?
I made this exact point in another thread in the RMT section.

Something is telling me to hold him until that game at least. It is huge for him, and he will definitely feel like he has a point to prove.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I don't think it's motivation he lacks, it's his ability to kick the ball in the net. He's annoying me and gets one more game

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Giroud is back in training after the International break so it's wise to think of an exit plan now.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

gunnersaurus wrote:Giroud is back in training after the International break so it's wise to think of an exit plan now.
Sakho or Austin, the only two really, Pelle bandwagon left without me yonks ago

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

Billy Bongo wrote:I don't think it's motivation he lacks, it's his ability to kick the ball in the net. He's annoying me and gets one more game
I pretty much agree with this. I like Welbeck and was really hoping he would fit in quickly but he has reached a tipping point.

I think he would benefit a lot if we had a fit and enthusiastic Ozil back in the team. There has maybe not been enough real quality ball for him to get onto - but you can't ignore the fact that his finishing, on the whole, has not been great - and when you aren't being present a gazillion opportunities to score you can't go on squandering the good chances you do get. I have no doubt that at some point his returns will more than justify his price tag, which is pretty low, but in the meantime there seem to be a few other better, cheaper, options.

With Alexis looking a necessity and Chambers appearing to offer decent value in defence Danny will probably have to make way for Theo when he becomes available. The only question for me is whether my patience lasts that long.

I already spent 4 points (and still overlooked that I need to do something with Sterling!) so he'll get another week... Unless Theo comes back in the CL on Tuesday... If that happens I might just swallow the points hit and bring Walcott in for Sterling and say Bye-Bye to Welbeck (for now).

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah Welbeck (Arsenal)

Post by Billy Bongo »

With Arsenal in the mood they have about 5 goal scorers in the box and anyone can score . Wellbeck isn't playing badly it's just that everyone around him is playing well.

dreamrecruitment
Red & Blue Braces

Post by dreamrecruitment »

I really want to keep him until the Man Utd game which is in 2 weeks.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

He was pretty unlucky when you think about it, had two almost certain goals blocked on the line by their defenders.

Tempted to give him one more week but pretty soon a line will need to be drawn under him as Giroud returning will just bring uncertainty.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I'm selling him this week. Purely because there are other cheaper strikers who look like they are going to match or even better his points i.e Berahino, Sakho and Austin who all facilitate upgrades elsewhere with the extra money.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Another England brace for Welbeck, he's still in my fantasy team, and I'm tempted to keep him until Giroud starts a game. His fantasy output since he joined Arsenal has not been terrible points wise, but really just about what's expected of a 6.9m player, and I think he had the potential to produce more, especially as he's played fewer games but scored more goals for both England and for Arsenal in the Champions League in this time, even if there were a few easier games.

Even being outscored by the likes of Sakho, Berahino and Austin, with all three going up in my estimation, I think if I heard tomorrow they were going to replay the last 8 game weeks with the same players, I would still back Welbeck at Arsenal to do the best out of the four.

With Giroud's return, and cheaper options performing, I can see why people are selling; I am tempted to switch to Giroud, but my fear would be that rotation between the two could ruin them both as fantasy options, and Berahino and Austin look good.

kai_ballz
FISOhead
FS Record: 12457 overall

Post by kai_ballz »

there will be rotation, no question. but not for a few weeks yet. in the meantime, i'm gonna keep welbeck and get his hattie against his old club :D

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Giroud is back and training, and could feature against United, but I would think it's unlikely he'll start.

I do believe that Welbeck has a great chance of netting against United, because he's a decent striker playing for Arsenal, and the United defence will probably contain the likes of Paddy McNair and Valencia.

I'm not a big fan of the players always score against their former clubs theory, and think it mainly persists because whenever they do we talk about it, you mean last week Fraizer Campbell and George Boyd didn't manage it, or Fabiański for that matter. :lol:

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Carlos Kickaball wrote: I'm not a big fan of the players always score against their former clubs theory, and think it mainly persists because whenever they do we talk about it, you mean last week Fraizer Campbell and George Boyd didn't manage it, or Fabiański for that matter. :lol:
And then there are the Darren Bents of this world, who stack the odds by having played for most of the teams they play against...

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Maybe Welbeck won't be rotated, maybe he will just move to the left, Giroud middle and Walcott right, no one is ever rigid at Arsenal and they will all find themselves in goalscoring positions.

He's not done enough to make the centre forward spot his own but that's not to say he will become a bench boy.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I think you're right, and I certainly hope he doesn't become the new Podolski. :lol:

It could make keeping him for a few weeks easier if he is still playing, but his record on the wing isn't good enough to justify his selection for our FPL teams over cheaper options. Though it could be that playing for Arsenal under Wenger the style of play will benefit him.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

He's too expensive to take that chance, I'm guessing most gave him enough time.

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

Im going to give him benefit of the doubt and the chance to prove me wrong against his old club, then hes on the transfer list, as soon as my other issues have been dealt with, hes a gonna, but who for?? I already have costa and kun, but ive been favouring 3-4-3 so need a decent 3rd striker!

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

BBC:

Good news Arsenal fans.

Striker Olivier Giroud is available for Saturday's match against Manchester United, almost a month ahead of schedule after breaking his leg in August.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Available lol, he broke his ankle, he will be eased in carefully

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Yes the BBC article is a bit more detailed than the headline.
Arsène Wenger wrote:"It's just a question of how ready they are, but they are available,"

"We have Giroud back, we have Walcott back, slowly they will integrate into the team again and give us different options."

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Yeah, after such a serious injury Giroud will be eased in gently for sure. Don't think we'll see him leading the line from the outset until the Christmas period, at least.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Anyone tempted by Giroud at 8.1? (When he returns, of course. )

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Welbeck is slowly moving towards the exit door. It never really took off, shame.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

MPTree wrote:Anyone tempted by Giroud at 8.1? (When he returns, of course. )
I am!

twiggy19872014
Kevin and Perry

Re: Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)

Post by twiggy19872014 »

Not happy, enlighten us.

Seriously, he might not be as good player, but after watching Sánchez upfront a forward like Welbeck who will make runs past the defence and be more of a presence in the box is probably more likely to score
Yeh you are right, Sanchez doesn't score many.... :lol:

kai_ballz
FISOhead

Post by kai_ballz »

"You have players who play on the flanks who score goals. I don't think that will stop him from scoring,"said Wenger. "He had chances the other night when he played on the left, with his pace.

"(Cristiano) Ronaldo played all his life on the flanks and scored more goals than games he played. I don't think that will stop him. What is a problem for him is to play.''
sucks to be welbeck... looks like its back to the flank again when gru comes back

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

kai_ballz wrote:
"You have players who play on the flanks who score goals. I don't think that will stop him from scoring,"said Wenger. "He had chances the other night when he played on the left, with his pace.

"(Cristiano) Ronaldo played all his life on the flanks and scored more goals than games he played. I don't think that will stop him. What is a problem for him is to play.''
sucks to be welbeck... looks like its back to the flank again when gru comes back
He won't be stuck there though, will get licence to come inside.

kai_ballz
FISOhead

Post by kai_ballz »

hazard role without hazard's skill.

welbeck -> austin tyvm

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”