To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Diego Costa Injured rumour

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Diego Costa Injured rumour

Post by gallus »

Billy Bongo wrote:Costa is about to explode, Fabs been sent forwards on a mercy mission to get him going bit the selfish get filled his own boots. Jose will sort that.

Costa captain for me this week. Don't do it to yourselves.

100% serious
Fabs only blanked 4 times this season but if you say so... :D

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

He will have been told off for not following orders. Costas turn on Friday

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

If Fabregas is being moved further forward as a clear move in tactic then he's the one to have above all, has been ultra consistent from a deeper starting point so add a few more goals to his game and he's the player most of us remember him to be and has all of a sudden turned into a very strong captain pick.

It's debatable if Mikel is going to nail down a place in the side though, Jan will be interesting as if they sign a partner for Matic than Fabregas will be explosive in the second half of the season.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Billy Bongo wrote:He will have been told off for not following orders. Costas turn on Friday
The bustards has been involved in both of their goals. How dare he?! :P

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Jose probably doesn't have an FPL team, and I imagine he was very satisfied with Costa and Fabregas' performances on Monday.

sirmomo
Treebeard

Post by sirmomo »

id love fabregas in a number 10 position. love him. but wasn't oscar just rested as per jose's comments about this run of games?

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Mikels inclusion was tactical based on the opponent as far as I'm concerned. Jose had to recognize Stokes biggest threat was going to come from set pieces. So he adds another stout and tall ball winner to combat that. Furthermore Mikel is an aggressive (often sloppy) tackler which would help leave a little something on the players whom he went for. It was also evident early that Mourinho instructed his players to be physical and date I say "dirty" early on to set the stage before the common referred to "thugs" could do it.

Chelsea made it clear early they were going to out physical stoke and it set the tone for the rest of the game. Of course a goal in 90 secs helped :)

Nonetheless I think it would be foolish to think this would be their normal lineup. However IF for some reason Cesc does continue in the hole I think he would be the best VfM in the game.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

eastcentral1 wrote:Jose probably doesn't have an FPL team, and I imagine he was very satisfied with Costa and Fabregas' performances on Monday.
Is there any Premier League player or manager who is publicly known to have FPL team? I bet some of them have.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Finisher1 wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:Jose probably doesn't have an FPL team, and I imagine he was very satisfied with Costa and Fabregas' performances on Monday.
Is there any Premier League player or manager who is publicly known to have FPL team? I bet some of them have.
I think Stokes mini-league has been posted in the past - not sure it has this year or not. Hope someone can find it, and maybe others, again as it was quite fun to follow.

Devil's Advocate
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Only own Elvis ones.

Post by Devil's Advocate »

I'd be very surprised if manager's had the time or interest in playing FPL, however I'm sure many players would for a bit of fun. I do however wonder if they would be exempt from winning any prizes, as of course they would have access to various inside information regarding their own teams, and perhaps others. :)

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

gunnersaurus wrote:If Fabregas is being moved further forward as a clear move in tactic then he's the one to have above all, has been ultra consistent from a deeper starting point so add a few more goals to his game and he's the player most of us remember him to be and has all of a sudden turned into a very strong captain pick.

It's debatable if Mikel is going to nail down a place in the side though, Jan will be interesting as if they sign a partner for Matic than Fabregas will be explosive in the second half of the season.
Im fairly confident that the formation and tactics he used against Stoke was a one off due to the way Stoke play. He opted to rest Oscar and play Matic and Mikel to beef up the midfield to deal with Stoke's physicality. I would say it's likely that he will revert back to the formation he has used all season for the next game with Oscar returning.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

So am I although saying that, West Ham are pretty powerful too so he might do it again for this.

I can't see him playing Mikel over Oscar long term.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

gunnersaurus wrote:So am I although saying that, West Ham are pretty powerful too so he might do it again for this.

I can't see him playing Mikel over Oscar long term.
Nah, can't see him playing 2 defensive mids in a home game. I'm sure they will revert back to type.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I see what you're saying about the two defensive mids, but I saw it as a formation for the next 3 to rest each attacking mid in turn. He can bring Oscar back, keep Mikel/Matic and rest one of Hazard, Fab (although less likely due to recent suspension) or Willian.

Or he could drop Fab back and rest Matic.

Or he could return to his'first choice' XI which I think is:

Matic Fabregas
Willian Oscar Hazard

So in summary: I don't know, thanks for reading :)

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

IF Hazard is rested who can play on the left comfortably out of the other attacking mids?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

The Toon Man wrote:IF Hazard is rested who can play on the left comfortably out of the other attacking mids?
Schurrle

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

The Toon Man wrote:IF Hazard is rested who can play on the left comfortably out of the other attacking mids?
...or Salah (the forgotten man)....

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Chicken tikka Mo Salah?

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

The Catman wrote:
...or Salah (the forgotten man)....
Or Willian as they regularly switch during the game anyway

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

I've dropped Costa for Benteke and used the funds to upgrade my 5th mid to Silva... Costa seems to have lost his shooting boots recently and Benteke is more likely to play all of the upcoming fixtures. I'm going to roll the dice and go without a premium forward until the wildcard .

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Welcome back to this thread everybody!

Another season, another Diego Costa hamstring scare; will he make GW1?

loosecannon85
Grumpy Old Man

Post by loosecannon85 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Welcome back to this thread everybody!

Another season, another Diego Costa hamstring scare; will he make GW1?
I was hoping he would be over his hamstring injury after a long rest over the summer! it appears not.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

even if hes ready for gw1, the fact that hes already injured again, has me thinking hazard is probably the safe pick if im just going for 1 expensive chelsea player for captaining.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

double post...
Last edited by Mav3rick on 29 Jul 2015, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Hmm, oh well I guess that will solve the Hazard vs Costa debate anyway. For me at least as I'd thought that injury issue would be a thing of the past but with presumably limited minutes and an inability to captain him, it would seem that Costa can't really provide competition to Hazard's place in my team now.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

We'll know more on Sunday, but I hope he's fit. If he's out so many of the regular players will have Rooney - Benteke up front :D

doncht
Kevin and Perry

Post by doncht »

1 more day and we get to see this.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

asm_fanz wrote:We'll know more on Sunday, but I hope he's fit. If he's out so many of the regular players will have Rooney - Benteke up front :D
Benteke is a doubt.

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

Just checked the fpl site & costa isn't highlighted in yellow now so must be fit, so does this change anyone's opinion of putting him in.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

stripes1973 wrote:Just checked the fpl site & costa isn't highlighted in yellow now so must be fit, so does this change anyone's opinion of putting him in.
Ah, the good old reliable FPL flagging system. I believe its forte is Costa injury updates, with which it has a history of always being 100% accurate. :lol: :lol:

Funny that Benteke and Firmino are currently listed as orange due to lack of match fitness (though will play in tomorrow's friendly) whereas, say, Tiote and Dummett have missed every minute of preseason for Newcastle and are happily still blue. Well, it's either inaccurate or big-club bias... 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”