To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Diego Costa Injured rumour

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Diego Costa Injured rumour

Post by Crooker »

From4corners wrote:
friskyfleabag wrote:Left out of Spain squad :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

great news :mrgreen:

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

mayweather wrote:it appears the masterstroke in the end was those who got rid. and theyll have him back after his 2wk break for west brom at home and beyond. next time he has an injury crisis like this i wont make the same mistake and hell be shown the door right away.

1,6,6,0,0,2 well done to all who got rid and will have him back much cheaper for wba
The management of Costa so far is the difference between being in the top 1000K or not in many cases. Those of us who dropped him after the first scare were punished by a loss of up to 50 points, and who kept him during the second scare lost a substantial amount depending on what moves you would've made. I feel like come May I will be left pondering a "what if" situation as I eye the near miss of my targeted top 25K finish :roll:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

mayweather wrote:it appears the masterstroke in the end was those who got rid. and theyll have him back after his 2wk break for west brom at home and beyond. next time he has an injury crisis like this i wont make the same mistake and hell be shown the door right away.

1,6,6,0,0,2 well done to all who got rid and will have him back much cheaper for wba
Given that most got rid of him after his first 0 points, they dodged a bullet last week, and he's a great prospect for the next three game weeks, I hardly think you can call it a masterstroke. As cttibits pointed out, those that got rid of him for his first injury flag paid heavily.

I'd probably say with the benefit of hindsight that, at the moment it has marginally paid off for a lot of people who made the switch. Brining in Pellè or Welbeck for a four point hit would been of no benefit, and could have cost you points if your benched players did anything.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

he hadnt missed a lge game before the hatrick so anyone who shipped him for that i wouldnt worry about. they obviously arent world beaters or money league contenders. time to ship was after the palace game. mourinho said at the time didnt he that costa wont be back to proper fitness until mid november right back in time for the national team.

im sure most who sold did so with a view to go without him for these 3 gwks and have him back in for wba at home. he was obviously going to drop in value and you cant cpt a guy with confidence whos struggling for fitness. two guys in one of my money lgs moved from mid 20s to top 5 on the back of selling him.

doesnt really matter what he does tomorrow unless he bags 3. once again hes another 11m striker who none of us can cpt. we will all have him cpt for wba no doubt after his rest but so will the guys who shipped him out a couple wks ago.

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

So is he fit for this weekend v LIV or not? Anybody any clue?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Yes, Mourinho even confirmed that he would start.

I am more worried about what to do in a month when there is more than one league game a week for a while, but I guess we will all know more by then.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:but I guess we will all know more by then.
Given his season so far that seems optimistic. ;)

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

thekrumcake wrote:
From4corners wrote:
friskyfleabag wrote:Left out of Spain squad :D
lol
Last edited by Tall Paul on 08 Nov 2014, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Tall Paul, your gif didn't seem to load for me, but I pressed quote and then copied the link. :lol:

Here is Tall Paul's gif, I don't think the other site liked us embedding it, or the forum didn't like the characters in the URL.
Where are you guys finding these brilliant Mourinho gifs?
DrBunker wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:but I guess we will all know more by then.
Given his season so far that seems optimistic. ;)
:lol: Yes if he's still injured we'll probably know very little, but I wouldn't rule out a return to full fitness, or a hint at a chance for Rémy to come in for some league games.

Devil's Advocate
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Only own Elvis ones.

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Taff Murray wrote:So is he fit for this weekend v LIV or not? Anybody any clue?

He's been fighting fit since gw 1.

It's Mourinho that's had a bad case of spanishitis. :lol:

He just didn't have time to rest himself, so got Costa to do it for him.

True story. :wink:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

mayweather wrote:he hadnt missed a lge game before the hatrick so anyone who shipped him for that i wouldnt worry about. they obviously arent world beaters or money league contenders. time to ship was after the palace game. mourinho said at the time didnt he that costa wont be back to proper fitness until mid november right back in time for the national
Ha ha. Just to clarify, do you mean players like Evs and Ulrik Nylund from the 'genius' players thread, or do you mean players like former winner spiderm4tt? :lol:

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Ouch!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Problem with that logic is that this is the second "injury" crisis for Costa. The first cost me 26 points when all said and done as I moved him out for Aguero pre-Everton, moved him back in for Rooney the next week, and had Rooney outscore Aguero by 6 over the next two weeks (during which I would have kept Rooney). So while this time the right move was to drop him, last time it was to keep. There is no consistent approach which would have worked in all cases.

Unless you have a crystal ball or some type of insider knowledge with the Blues managing Costa this year has been pure luck. Kudos to those who got lucky.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

mayweather wrote:he hadnt missed a lge game before the hatrick so anyone who shipped him for that i wouldnt worry about. they obviously arent world beaters or money league contenders.
He was injured the week before his hat-trick and I most certainly did ship him. And I have won my ML 1 of 2 seasons and am currently 2 in my main ML. Does that make me a non-ML contender?

You had absolutely no more information the second time than you did the first. The first time, he played and banged a brace. The second time, he didn't play at all. The information was the exact same both times.

Please don't act like dropping/keeping Costa is some kind of genius. It's not.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Is there a José gif for every eventuality?! :lol:

Edit: José doesn't think so.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

DrBunker wrote:Is there a Jose gif for every eventuality?! :lol:
Only if those eventualities are ones where Jose is a smug tw*t.
Last edited by murf on 07 Nov 2014, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

He's not always smug...

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

Stemania wrote:
mayweather wrote:he hadnt missed a lge game before the hatrick so anyone who shipped him for that i wouldnt worry about. they obviously arent world beaters or money league contenders. time to ship was after the palace game. mourinho said at the time didnt he that costa wont be back to proper fitness until mid november right back in time for the national
Ha ha. Just to clarify, do you mean players like Evs and Ulrik Nylund from the 'genius' players thread, or do you mean players like former winner spiderm4tt? :lol:
i follow spiderm4tt on twitter closely to help my team. helped me top my money leagues last season. if you could read properly and not jump the gun you will see that spiderm4tt did not get rid of costa until gwk9 after he had missed palace away and after he was sick of his injury uncertainty.

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

mayweather wrote:
Stemania wrote:
i follow spiderm4tt on twitter closely to help my team. helped me top my money leagues last season. if you could read properly and not jump the gun you will see that spiderm4tt did not get rid of costa until gwk9 after he had missed palace away and after he was sick of his injury uncertainty.
no, Spiderm4tt like myself and many others transferred Costa out for Aguero GW3 (before bringing Costa back GW4) because we thought he may be injured.

This doesn't make us bad FPL players btw ;)

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

SuperGrover wrote:
mayweather wrote:he hadnt missed a lge game before the hatrick so anyone who shipped him for that i wouldnt worry about. they obviously arent world beaters or money league contenders.
He was injured the week before his hat-trick and I most certainly did ship him. And I have won my ML 1 of 2 seasons and am currently 2 in my main ML. Does that make me a non-ML contender?

You had absolutely no more information the second time than you did the first. The first time, he played and banged a brace. The second time, he didn't play at all. The information was the exact same both times.

Please don't act like dropping/keeping Costa is some kind of genius. It's not.
it was a gutsy move and has paid off heavily for most who did this. id have been at least 30pts better off and in the top 5k had i gone with the sensible move. after he missed palace away(didnt even make the bench) it was clear things were worse than feared.taking him out before the hatrick was always a risky move.he was at his peak price. after palace hundreds of thousands shipped. it was the correct move to bail and bring him back when hes properly fit. easy to say that now of course but it was a great decicion for those guys and they are worthy of a conrgats.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

SuperGrover wrote:The first time, he played and banged a brace. The second time, he didn't play at all. The information was the exact same both times.
and IIRC he was yellowflagged before the hattrick too... hmm... yes he was
That was indeed my big fear when I transferred him out
SuperGrover wrote:Please don't act like dropping/keeping Costa is some kind of genius. It's not.
Put it this way, covering both horns, I perfectly agree: No genius, but then not an idiocy, neither way.
I took exception to saying that the Costa-sellers "got off lightly" as I understood it as: "they got the clearly wrong choice and had been just purely lucky to avoid paying the price they'd deserved to".....
.... oh, wait :oops: I now recall I still owe CK a reply :lol:

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

MoSe wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:The first time, he played and banged a brace. The second time, he didn't play at all. The information was the exact same both times.
and IIRC he was yellowflagged before the hattrick too... hmm... yes he was
That was indeed my big fear when I transferred him out
SuperGrover wrote:Please don't act like dropping/keeping Costa is some kind of genius. It's not.
Put it this way, covering both horns, I perfectly agree: No genius, but then not an idiocy, neither way.
I took exception to saying that the Costa-sellers "got off lightly" as I understood it as: "they got the clearly wrong choice and had been just purely lucky to avoid paying the price they'd deserved to".....
agree no genius. and no bad calls if a sensible cpt goes wrong. cudnt beat myself up after putting aguero cpt for whu. missed 3 sitters. i picked my first "bad" cpt last wk. should not have gone for costa with the injury he was carrying. should have stuck with aguero but his 2pt cameo the wk before probably affected me.

of course there was some risk for those who sold costa after palace. but they knew the guy wasnt at full fitness so it was completely different to shipping a guy in great form. im sure they have already planned to get him back in soon and will likely have made up some precious ground on their rivals. even in two of my money lgs there have been big surges on the back of this move. hopefully costa can repay those of us who kept by bagging 3 tomorrow make some of those pts back :D

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

mayweather wrote:i picked my first "bad" cpt last wk. should not have gone for costa with the injury he was carrying.
I think even that is being hard on yourself. I remember a few times when this happened last year, and people got massive points out of it. For example, with Suarez, I thought 'well he hasn't played for 3 months, let's see how he gets on first few games', and within no time he'd scored loads of goals. Then there was the week when Aguero had been injured and never likely to start, I made what I still believe was the sensible choice and steered clear, some brought him in, he came on as a sub on 70mins and scored 2 goals. They could argue that was 'skill', but no player can be expected to score 2 goals in 20 mins, that's the equivalent of 7 per game! So just like you, I went for Costa last week on the basis that the really top players do seem to be able to score heavily immediately after an injury or long break - it just didn't work out that time. :( But I don't think it was a bad choice at all.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

MoSe wrote:I took exception to saying that the Costa-sellers "got off lightly" as I understood it as: "they got the clearly wrong choice and had been just purely lucky to avoid paying the price they'd deserved to".....
I thought they got off lightly last weekend, because they took him out for an injury the week before, and on his return he blanked; I wasn't saying it was the wrong decision.

I'd say most that don't own Costa would agree that him blanking against QPR was a relief, as many will have dropped him because of his injury, rather than because they don't rate him. I'd be relieved if a player I rated but didn't own, blanked against QPR.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Don't think you can generalise on whether to have kept Costa or not was the right move, I didn't tranfer him out but brought in Aguero with my transfer, captained him vs Spurs = 30+ points, I don't regret that decision. Clearly wasting my transfer on Cost :arrow: Pele for example wasn't the best move.

I imagine plenty are playing catch up now trying to fit Sanchez, Costa and Aguero etc in to their team, I'm left with a feeling that I've gained a weeks transfer on those who sold him, for example I brought in Sanchez last week - when many were trying to get Costa or Aguero in, many will try to squeeze Costa in this week some how.

The whole thing is a lottery, the only mitigation you have is maximising the power of your tranfers given the fixtures and minimisise risk. Still feel it was the right thing to do to hold - both times. Wouldn't have had Sanchez and Aguero for their massive hauls if I hadn't held.
Last edited by The Username on 07 Nov 2014, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

TOPCATDUSS
Treebeard

Post by TOPCATDUSS »

I've hit a wall with Costa - I had him and dropped him for the first injury scare... then dropped him for the second for pelle.. then brought him back in for QPR and now have him for Pool.. but am considering dropping him for Pelle and getting him back in for WBA...

It's driving me quietly insane...

:twisted:

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

TOPCATDUSS wrote:I've hit a wall with Costa - I had him and dropped him for the first injury scare... then dropped him for the second for pelle.. then brought him back in for QPR and now have him for Pool.. but am considering dropping him for Pelle and getting him back in for WBA...

It's driving me quietly insane...

:twisted:
Relax and hold

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Has Costa injured his hands now?

Got some strange bandaging on them.

mayweather
FISOhead