To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sanchez - CK? Time to Drop??

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Sanchez - CK? Time to Drop??

Post by Billy Bongo »

Arsenal have Liverpool BLY away blank then Chelsea

Time to sell

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm just finding Sanchez' form annoying more than anything. I've managed to engineer my squad in such a way that I can get Costa without sacrificing Sanchez (or in fact any top mid including the also misfiring Eriksen).

Even without dodgy form, when it comes around keeping Sanchez for (-, CHE) will be very tough to justify for my team given I have a wildcard up my sleeve. I agree with DR though, the problem right now is that there just isn't another premium mid that is obviously a good replacement (if you already own Silva that is - Hazard taken as standard). Going down to a midprice (Siggy/Mane etc) would free up lots of funds, but I'd have nowhere to spend it if I already have the Costa money. :?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:Well I think for me I'll only be losing him if I have another expensive player in mind (most likely Costa). If I had no reason to free up funds I'd hold.
For me the main reason for doubt is the lack of options in midfield, i am still considering Siggy to finance a Costa move but may still go the Ivan route if Costa sees yellow, playing 4-4-2 in gwk33.

I'm not as down on Aguero as i am on Sanchez as consider him just unlucky yesterday and worth keeping.
+1

It's just a question of who I want to replace Sanchez. I think short term I may just pick Sigurdsson and then upgrade Eriksen to my choice of circa 9.0 mids after his next couple of decent fixtures.

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

Mata as Sanchez replacement? Look in form and nail on now.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

A lot of the reasons for keeping him (don't need the funds / can't think of a premium replacement) come close to sounding like he's being kept just because he's expensive,or because people don't want to have too much ITB.

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

I have 7.7 itb after selling Aguero but I don't bother to sell Sanchez for a mid range midfielder. The problem is who to buy and there are other emergencies every GW.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Don't think Sanchez will ever come close to equalling his goal scoring returns from earlier in the season. His role in the team has completely changed since Giroud returned. He's not on set pieces or penalties and isn't really involved in anything arsenal create offensively. He's poor VFM at the moment.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

He is poor vfm for money right now, but I'm at a loss as to who I'd bring in?

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Agree with those saying he has to go.
- With Pool, Burnley, blank, Chelsea, he's not good value
- He provides the obvious easy route into three-Chelsea incl. Costa, which *everyone* will have now.
- He will likely fall in value around the blank/che weeks, meaning it won't be too hard to get him back in for Arsenal's DGW (that's providing he's even the Arsenal mid of choice by then).

There's always a chance he registers a big score during those games, but it's a calculated risk I'm willing to take. I'll be doing Sanchez & Bellerin out for Sigurdsson and Ivanovic, with the remaining money turning Giroud when the blank rolls around.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Dont need money, have no other midfielder that temp me more.

Have Hazard, Silva and Eriksen already.

Dont wanna keep him, but there is none I rather want for him.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

snakzz wrote:Dont need money, have no other midfielder that temp me more.

+1, tempted by Mata

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

snakzz wrote:Dont need money, have no other midfielder that temp me more.

exactly guys...why not hold for the next 2 games then ship? im shipping for siggy in 33 and this will fund a costa for no hits. then eriksen to cesc...and when arsenal are back then its costa to giroud and cesc to sanchez..simples.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'm holding for exactly the same reasons. No alternative midfielders I want, and don't need the money to afford Costa. :?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

It's true that the relative abundance of money we all have this season has made it a lot easier to carry Sanchez through his disappointing spell.

I was browsing through teams very high up the overall ranking and noticed one team with a value of almost 110m. I clicked on his team to see where he had made use of these extra funds. He had Cazorla on his bench...

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

thesilkworm wrote:It's true that the relative abundance of money we all have this season has made it a lot easier to carry Sanchez through his disappointing spell.

I was browsing through teams very high up the overall ranking and noticed one team with a value of almost 110m. I clicked on his team to see where he had made use of these extra funds. He had Cazorla on his bench...
Yup, i think my value is high to, but I have what i want atm.

Sanchez can get two more weeks

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

This overflow of money is Kane's fault. He was great if you had him early when he was a differential. Now he has ruined the game.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

You need to stop playing this game. Six years ago.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

gooberman wrote:This overflow of money is Kane's fault. He was great if you had him early when he was a differential.
Not if you benched him for the Chelsea game... :(

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Stemania wrote:
gooberman wrote:This overflow of money is Kane's fault. He was great if you had him early when he was a differential.
Not if you benched him for the Chelsea game... :(
Lol. I think most of us did that.

profart
Treebeard

Post by profart »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ing-alexis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone seen this? If Wenger wanted to rest Alexis he should have done it in one of the last 3 easy-ish fixtures. Seeing as there is zero chance he'll be rested against Liverpool next GW, one would assume the Burnley game looks the most likely for Alexis to be given a rest. If things go awry he could come on as an impact sub. If Arsenal are comfortable he'll have 2 GWs off before Chelsea.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

How about Cazorla as an alternative?

He's outscored Sanchez by 20 odd points since I highlighted his superiority over Sanchez following Giroud's return on this thread in December :P

cazorla-bargain-t114617.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Fantastic I told you so, well done. However Sánchez's injury during their biggest win of the season, and Arsenal winning four penalties in the next eight games, were major factors in that so I'm not sure it's of much use going forward. If you were brining in a player with a transfer now, I don't think it would be very good management to chose one with [LIV,bur,--,CHE] as the next four fixtures.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Fantastic I told you so, well done. However Sánchez's injury during their biggest win of the season, and Arsenal winning four penalties in the next eight games, were major factors in that so I'm not sure it's of much use going forward.
We all knew Cazorla is on penalties, and it is not particularly surprising that Arsenal gets penalties because they have very fast forwards and dribble so much in the box. Yes, 4 penalties in 8 games is a bit lucky, but nothing unusual. Those kind of streaks happen many, many times during season for different teams. If you buy a penalty taker, you buy a chance to get rewarded for those penalties.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Tempted to take a punt on Sanchez :arrow: Mata VS Villa, City and Chelsea. Then maybe bring in Sterling for Liverpools nice run, Sterling may be viable this week if Ibe returns or Sturridge misses games.

Feels like a tinker though with a game Vs Burnley on the horizon, cant help shake the feeling Sanchez might be done for the season due to tiredness.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Well Finisher1 if you buy any player you are getting the chance to be rewarded when they score, that's how the game works, doesn't really make it any more likely. Penalties weren't the only problem, no one predicted Sánchez's injury either.

Arsenal's EPL penalties in recent seasons.

13/14 - 3
12/13 - 6
11/12 - 3
10/11 - 7
09/10 - 4

23 penalties over last 5 seasons, or an average of 4.6 per 38 game season. So on that regularity how likely do you estimate 4 penalties over 8 games is?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:23 penalties over last 5 seasons, or an average of 4.6 per 38 game season. So on that regularity how likely do you estimate 4 penalties over 8 games is?
Not likely, but that happens. City got three penalties in one game. So did Liverpool last season.

I'm just a bit bored in that every time your call has proven to be wrong, you are blaming luck :lol:

I mean wrong so far of course. It may be that Sanchez starts to score hauls and Cazorla and Kane blanking every game, and I'm happy to say "I was wrong" if that happens (despite my sarcastic comment in "I didn't call it" thread :wink: ).

Why can't you say it CK?
Last edited by Finisher1 on 24 Mar 2015, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

It seems your argument is that no one should ever suggest that a player is scoring over what could have been expected, in which case we should all probably just all points chase.

Let's remember we are having this conversations because of Archy's I told you so today. Are you suggesting that 4 penalties in 8 games, and Sánchez being injured was predictable?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:It seems your argument is that no one should ever suggest that a player is scoring over what could have been expected, in which case we should all probably just points chase.

Let's remember we are having this conversations because of Archy's I told you so today.
And it seems your argument is that we all should have identical teams consisting of stat kings :roll:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:Are you suggesting that 4 penalties in 8 games, and Sánchez being injured was predictable?
I already told you that 4 penalties in 8 games is unlikely, but nothing unusual. It happens for some teams every season.

Of course injury is not predictable, I was never talking about that so why did you even mention it? I was just raising a point that you tend to blame luck, whenever your call has proven to be wrong or stats have betrayed you.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 24 Mar 2015, 12:50, edited 3 times in total.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Not really, I just don't like that this forum is becoming overrun with I told you sos and hindsight posts, and find posts with information and insight more interesting.

Let's cut to the chase, if you sold Sánchez, is Cazorla [LIV,bur,--,CHE] the best replacement?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Even comparing Sanchez to Cazorla as an fpl prospect directly doesn't hide the fact that Sanchez has been extremely off-colour recently. I don't think Cazorla's deep position in recent months has made him a great fantasy prospect either (even if it's been very beneficial to Arsenal as a team) - the number of set pieces have perhaps flattered his value a fair bit.

If Ramsey pushes Cazorla from a deep role into the hole on a permanent basis though, then Santi does become a genuine fantasy prospect imo (given he has set pieces and penalties in his locker). If he stays deep I still think Sanchez still has the edge personally, as he'll surely find his form again soon enough.

I don't really see it though tbh. Ozil has been playing well (for him) so it doesn't look clear what will happen. I could see Cazorla on the left, Sanchez right with Ozil in the middle, but I don't think Santi is as effective from the left either. I can also see Ramsey being benched, Cazorla staying deep, and Welbeck/another slotting in on one side. Maybe it will just be rotation based on the opposition, who knows? :|

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Not really, I just don't like that this forum is becoming overrun with I told you sos and hindsight posts, and find posts with information and insight more interesting.
The forum may have had a lot of I told you so posts and hindsight posts recently, but it's been more overrun with long arguments with people needlessly responding to these posts. :P

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”