To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sanchez - CK? Time to Drop??

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Sanchez - CK? Time to Drop??

Post by Mav3rick »

Carlos Kickaball wrote: If you had read my posts in the past you would have seen that I have previously mentioned similar biases.
I read your posts and I've seen you exhibit similar biases :lol:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Well done, this topic has managed to morph into a discussion about me, might be a fair criticism if you picked it up at the time Mav3rick. :lol:

I'll let you guess what I think of your posting style Mav3rick, but we already seem to have extensive commentry from yourself about mine. :roll:

Strangely enough I probably do exhibit human biases, like everyone else, but I woulden't label someone else behaviour as due to a bias and then make eaxtly the same decision.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:but I woulden't label someone else behaviour as due to a bias and then make eaxtly the same decision.
Why not? If you have the same bias then just because you acknowledge it doesn't mean you have to ignore it. Biases aren't necessarily a bad thing - they are a survival technique.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Well I think the inference most of the time when they are mentioned, is that a bias is something that can cause you to make a poor decision. If biases were always benign, they would likely not be worth attention, indeed a bias is something that prevents you from seeing what is objectively true, rather than something that helps you draw accurate conclusions.

Detroit City FC
Treebeard

Post by Detroit City FC »

This might just be the hangover talking but I'm considering doing Sanchez :arrow: Mahrez + Rose :arrow: Ivanoic/Terry to facilitate Austin :arrow: Costa.

For GW32 and 33 I'd have this lineup. Ivanovic would leave 0.1 in the bank.

Panty (McCarthy)
Chelsea Def, Clyne, Alderweireld (Dawson, Hutton)
Hazard, Silva, Eriksen, Mahrez (Colback)
Aguero, Costa, Kane

I'd have 4 doublers for GW 34 and only lose .1 on Sanchez so bringing him back in for GW35 won't be a hurdle if I want to do that.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Fairly certain that he will go for me now then. Didn't really look very threatening today, Costa will take his place.

kai_ballz
FISOhead
FS Record: 12457 overall

Post by kai_ballz »

now subbed. sanchez will be gone soon. reallll soon. after burnley.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

I'll probably be forced to sell Sanchez tonight as it looks like he'll drop. I have no room to manouvere on Sanchez :arrow: Cork which in turn enables Barnes :arrow: Costa.

Team would then be:

Myhill

Clyne Ivan Alderweireld

Silva Ozil Eriksen Hazard

Agüero Costa Kane

Subs of PvA, Bellerin, Cork.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Sanchez goes next week, Eriksen soon after possibly after gw33, and Aguero is now firmly in the frame.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

He's testing me to the limit.

He has until GW33 to return to fantasy form or he might have to go, really don't want to as think he has another run in him, luckily I have a plan for the next 2 weeks which involves other players so he's getting Liverpool and Burnley then will look at it hard then.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

He's going for me now. Since Giroud and Ozil have returned to the team his points have dipped drastically and he has also now been subbed early 2 games in a row.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

ill give him 2 more games. why not. ship him out after the burnley game

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Regretting bringing him back in post injury. One of the skills of this game is knowing when to jump off the bandwagon and when to stay put. Staying put on Sanchez and Aguero (C) has cost me. Time to get off I think.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Another skill is knowing when not to panic.

Good players suffer dry spells but often bounce back.

We are at the period where every point counts though so he's not got long for most I'm guessing including me.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:Another skill is knowing when not to panic.

We are at the period where every point counts though so he's not got long for most I'm guessing including me.
Exactly, however given his price I need more out of him, especially since Aguero is also misfiring. I'm so tempted to go Aguero to Costa, but Aguero was so close to one or two today, I'll probably hold onto him for the moment (but probably relieve him of the pressure of captaincy for a couple of weeks :D )

Libero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO Prime Minister 2015; Decathlon Gold 2016, 2019

Post by Libero »

He was pretty good in the first half of the first half (better than Welbeck anyway) but the stats don't lie: one shot in the match and depending on the source you look at, one or two chances created.

Personally, I think Aguero is superior value and clearly has better fixtures. So when it comes to the question of how to afford Costa, it's Alexis who's on my chopping block ahead of Aguero.

This leaves me thinking the smart move might be another 4 point hit for the next gameweek. Take out Alexis AND Giroud for Phillips and Costa (Liverpool bring pretty tight on the road) and then the week after that upgrade Moses to a Liverpool midfielder. But do I really need Costa next week? Will I feel safer captaining Kane at Burnley if I have Hazard and Costa at home to Stoke? So many variables. Let's see what tomorrow brings for Chelsea and Liverpool and the internationals after that. At least his Chilean obligations won't take Alexis further than Austria and the Emirates.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:Another skill is knowing when not to panic.

I think this is true of Aguero, he's still looked lively and is at least on penalties. With no set pieces and the fixtures looking a little tougher I think it's time for Sanchez to go.

The trouble is that there's not exactly a queue of premium midfielders screaming to be transferred in. Downgrading to a Sigurdsson/Mane type is an option but they proved today that they can't be relied upon.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

That's the biggest issue for me, I have Silva and Hazard so can't pick another midfielder that is worth losing him for as I can get Costa and keep him in the same team.

It's going to come down to the next 2, Aguero and Sanchez are not performing and I'm not sure I can carry both because Cibbits is on a bit of a hot streak, they both have until 33 before I have to decide, Aguero is Aguero so Sanchez is under the most threat.

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

I've been looking for routes to Costa and Sanchez's no-show today has been quite convenient if i'm honest. There's not a chance I could accommodate both.

Done Sanchez :arrow: Cork tonight and just waiting to make sure Costa doesn't do anything ridiculous tomorrow.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Watching the game on Sky now, if Welbeck wasn't so ropey he would have had 2 assists already (just up to the 2nd goal) will watch the rest but sometimes perspective over points is needed.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Yeah I have a feeling he will be getting whipped out of many teams, for me he seems like a very high points potential player, and I will keep him until at least after Burnley away. If I wait until then I have a couple more games to make my mind up, after that his next two fixtures will be [-,CHE], if he looks shot is rested or does nothing against Burnley, and his price is tumbling nearer to my original buy price even before the blank I think it might be wise to sell. At the moment however I still think he is potentially one of the most explosive FPL picks, still playing well even if not scoring heavily, and if I get Costa in for Giroud he will be my only attacking player with a blank.

Side point on Agüero, we are in danger of just saying it's Agüero as though it's an argument in itself, though I certainly think that he's shown more than enough in the quality of his performances not to be taken out of my team.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I'm still undecided between getting rid now (by 'now' I mean before next deadline, won't be doing anything until internationals are out of the way), and waiting until after Burnley game. It depends on several other factors relating to other players - hopefully the decision will be clearer before the deadline.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

got rid a few weeks ago, not an easy decision, just needed funds and out of Haz and Silva and Sanchez, he was for me the logical choice.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Sell, too much money for this detritus

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

thesilkworm wrote:I'm still undecided between getting rid now (by 'now' I mean before next deadline, won't be doing anything until internationals are out of the way), and waiting until after Burnley game. It depends on several other factors relating to other players - hopefully the decision will be clearer before the deadline.
Must admit it's crossed my mind to delay and even more especially if Costa picks up a yellow today but currently think i'll lose Sanchez this gwk.

I'll be delaying the transfer until Friday week probably as any international injuries could easily alter plans.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

What occurs to me about losing Sánchez, and I do want to keep him for now, is that if I did lose him funds would seemingly runneth over, and picking between Kane & Hutton and Giroud & Alderweireld would no longer be so much about price. If Sánchez goes it could be a game changer.
Last edited by Carlos Kickaball on 22 Mar 2015, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Well I think for me I'll only be losing him if I have another expensive player in mind (most likely Costa). If I had no reason to free up funds I'd hold.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I'll be watching Costa closely today for that reason. I'm quite reluctant to sell Giroud at the moment although he will go eventually for Costa.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Yeah should be some interesting football today, hoping Liverpool can beat United, would like to see Costa play really well but blank so we can wait till at least after the intentional games to rush him into our teams if we don't want to lose 0.2m off our budgets.

My team is in a slightly different position, in that I already have a plan to afford Costa, and if I lost Sánchez instead of Eriksen it would really give me an extra 3m or so to spend.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

thesilkworm wrote:Well I think for me I'll only be losing him if I have another expensive player in mind (most likely Costa). If I had no reason to free up funds I'd hold.
For me the main reason for doubt is the lack of options in midfield, i am still considering Siggy to finance a Costa move but may still go the Ivan route if Costa sees yellow, playing 4-4-2 in gwk33.

I'm not as down on Aguero as i am on Sanchez as consider him just unlucky yesterday and worth keeping.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”