To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sanchez - CK? Time to Drop??

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: Sanchez - CK? Time to Drop??

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I understand why you'd do it, but I intend to have Costa & Sánchez. :D

Obviously there are other things I'm choosing to forgo, but the point is, I can have both so won't be losing one of the highest points potential players in the game. Obviously all plans depend a little on the DGWs.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

I think Ozil has similar points potential. In fact, i think Ozil will get as many points as Sanchez will, up to the end of the season.
Does not mean Sanchez necessarily needs to be moved out, mind.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

So much depends on the Utd v Arsenal FA cup tie, if Utd win then Chelsea will have two extra games and Liverpool one extra than Arsenal after gwk33 which so late on in the season is a big advantage, and i'd say Liverpool's run in is quite kind as well.

So it's all just a big IF atm ...but if that happened

I'd probably bench my two Chelsea and one Liverpool player in 33 and play my 3 Arsenal players. (May also have mignolet as reserve keeper)

I may then look to do something like Sanchez to Sterling or Henderson/Coutinho if already got him and Giroud to Costa for my gwk34 transfers.

I've made some plans if Arsenal win also but they're all just ideas at the moment as so much is variable and no need to decide anything yet.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

baganboy wrote:I think Ozil has similar points potential. In fact, i think Ozil will get as many points as Sanchez will, up to the end of the season.
Funny you should say this as it wasn't that long ago that Ozil was considered a joke, now he's getting talked about as an equal to one of the top fantasy players of the season.

There's a lot of faith in Ozil now after 3 or 4 decent scores.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Douglas Reynholm wrote: Funny you should say this as it wasn't that long ago that Ozil was considered a joke, now he's getting talked about as an equal to one of the top fantasy players of the season.

As an Ozil owner, I'm beginning to wonder if he is a season-keeper. But having said that his points pattern since he returned from injury is similar to Di Maria's when he first arrived, so things could obviously shift.

The interesting thing for me is that when Ozil and Sanchez have started together, Sanchez averages 4.0 points per game, but when Ozil hasn't started Sanchez averages 7.9 points per game. Makes me wonder about whether to move Sanchez on.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

I definitely see a pattern whereby any player who performs well for a few weeks, is deemed to be as good as a top notch premium by someone looking for a bargain. [any Arsenal mid that scores well for a few weeks] is as good as Sánchez. [any cheap forward that scores well for a few weeks] is as good as Costa. I'm surprised we haven't had Danny Rose is as good as Branislav Ivanović yet. :lol:

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

That Danny Rose, reckon he's worth £7.5m

maddocio
Treebeard

Post by maddocio »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:
baganboy wrote:I think Ozil has similar points potential. In fact, i think Ozil will get as many points as Sanchez will, up to the end of the season.
Funny you should say this as it wasn't that long ago that Ozil was considered a joke, now he's getting talked about as an equal to one of the top fantasy players of the season.

It's called form, believe it or not players don't perform consistently during the course of their careers or even during individual seasons

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Ramsey is back now which means either Ozil or Cazorla will get shifted out to the left so his good 'form' could quite easily slip back into his old 'form' and it's a huge risk to replace Sanchez with him now especially now that his 'drought' is over.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

You think Ramsey will come straight back into the team? Cazorla has been awesome in that role in his absence. I guess it puts even more pressure on Giroud's place too.

Ramsey replacing Coquelin would be too much presumably.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Yeah I think he will, Coquelin, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez and Giroud is how I see it panning out, we will see against West Ham.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I will be selling Sanchez if Arsenal beat UTD . Not because he's playing poorly

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Billy Bongo wrote:I will be selling Sanchez if Arsenal beat UTD . Not because he's playing poorly
Why then? Because he'll have a blank in GW33? Isn't that a good thing so you can bench him for one week and then benefit from a double?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I'll possibly have 6 to bench. I wish things were as simple as that lol

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Bobby Chopps wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:I will be selling Sanchez if Arsenal beat UTD . Not because he's playing poorly
Why then? Because he'll have a blank in GW33? Isn't that a good thing so you can bench him for one week and then benefit from a double?
Perhaps he wants to bring Hazard back in instead. :wink: :P

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Do we think Ramsay's return is good or bad as a Cazorla owner? Good in the sense that it may afford him a return to a more forward position, but could potentially slightly heighten his chances of rotation at the same time?

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Perhaps, he's done nothing to warrant being dropped and the fact that he was given the captains armband by Wenger when Mertersacker was dropped tells you what Wenger thinks of him.

The return of Ramsey could actually benefit him as he's been playing pretty deep lately then when Ramsey was in the side.

He's home to West Ham next, a perfect game to judge if you stick or twist.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Do we think the return of Ramsey will mean the '3' behind Giroud will now be Sanchez Cazorla Ozil?

If so who will be shifted out wide? The central advanced midfielder seems to be the one amongst the points in this Arsenal team. Sanchez early on, Cazorla had a spell there and then Ozil on return from injury.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

The Toon Man wrote:Do we think the return of Ramsey will mean the '3' behind Giroud will now be Sanchez Cazorla Ozil?

If so who will be shifted out wide? The central advanced midfielder seems to be the one amongst the points in this Arsenal team. Sanchez early on, Cazorla had a spell there and then Ozil on return from injury.
It should be
-----------Giroud
Cazorla-----Ozil-----Sanchez

but this is Wenger we're talking about so probably
--------------Giroud
Sanchez ---Cazorla---Ozil

roskat

Post by roskat »

I will be interested to see

-----giroud-----
--sanchez -- ozil -- walcott
--carozla/ramsey--- cocq.---

but will not happen probably ever...

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:Perhaps, he's done nothing to warrant being dropped and the fact that he was given the captains armband by Wenger when Mertersacker was dropped tells you what Wenger thinks of him.

The return of Ramsey could actually benefit him as he's been playing pretty deep lately then when Ramsey was in the side.

He's home to West Ham next, a perfect game to judge if you stick or twist.
Pretty much my exact thinking.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

might drop the guy. hes been in my team due to the fear factor.at that price his pts have been shocking. big decision for me this gwk. have himself and santi and need to decide. tempted to get rid of them both tbh with 2 free transfers.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Who do you drop him for?

Most have Hazard and Silva, a lot also have Eriksen, who's in the game that offers more than him?

Toure? Sterling? Lallana? Ozil? Di Maria? Downing? Sigurdsson? Fabregas? Walcott? Ramsey?

There is an argument to be had that none of the above offer (or have offered) reliability and consistency (they've all had spells like Sanchez) so it could be seen as a sideways move, Ozil has defiantly settled down after his little burst of points.

You could always use the money to upgrade a striker to Costa but he's not exactly pulling up trees in the second half of the season and his output has suffered like Fabregas has and perhaps is linked to the lack of his supply, the double striker of choice looks like Giroud now and selling Sanchez is not essential to bring him in.

Some people have some interesting decisions to make with only 8 weeks to go and a double on the horizon for him, now is not the time to panic.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Good post gunner, i'm very reluctant to drop him too atm, he's still a class act and Arsenal's nice run of fixtures would make me look elsewhere for the moment.

I see Boyd dropped despite his 11 point return, so some people are now looking anywhere for extra funds, and while i have no immediate plans to drop Sanchez, at such a high price and given his recent very poor returns, it's not that hard to see why it could be a very tempting option for some.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I suspect Bollasie and Zaha are good bets

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

I'm considering selling because I already have 3 Arsenal and no Giroud. I have to decide if Sanchez and Austin with no transfers used is better than Giroud and ???? with 2 transfers used.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Looks like he'll be dropping tonight or very shortly -96.5 on fplstats

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/Home/IndexAndroid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Since I have already dropped him, I like current Sanchez situation very much. Now everyone has to consider whether to spend a transfer to drop him or have a very expensive GW33 blank.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The thing about Sanchez is that he is the most secure player in the Arsenal midfield. I've really no idea which of Ozil, Walcott, Ramsey & Cazorla will play both games in DGW34. Sanchez will surely play in both though, even if it's only 70 minutes in each.

He is still very dangerous (4 shots, 2 on target was joint leading in the game yesterday despite coming off early) so if you do go without him it does look a dangerous game to me. Stuck out left he doesn't seem as effective as earlier in the season but the money isn't so tight with Kane around so its more about points potential than value right now.

You could make an argument for dropping him for Costa or Sturridge, but that has the knock on effect of deciding to drop Aguero or forgo Austin's double and burns a couple of transfers too.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

There are always going to be great picks that go a few weeks without getting a monster score, and while this happens there will always be a few cheaper players that outscore them. Would it have been genius to sell Agüero for Benteke, two game weeks ago, no it would have been a silly punt.

People are playing Russian roulette with Sánchez, they play a few rounds and don't get the bullet, and suddenly come to the conclusion it's a wise game to play. :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”