To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sanchez - CK? Time to Drop??

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: Sanchez - CK? Time to Drop??

Post by Sammy the Crab »

The Username wrote:Tempted to take a punt on Sanchez :arrow: Mata VS Villa, City and Chelsea. Then maybe bring in Sterling for Liverpools nice run, Sterling may be viable this week if Ibe returns or Sturridge misses games.

Feels like a tinker though with a game Vs Burnley on the horizon, cant help shake the feeling Sanchez might be done for the season due to tiredness.
As a Sterling owner I urge you to reconsider. 8.4m for a wing back is awful value, Henderson & Coutinho are far better options and are cheaper.

I'm torn between getting rid ASAP and holding for GW32 (Newcastle H).

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

To be honest, I'd reconsider the Mata transfer too. Not that there there are any obvious decent replacements, which I guess is the whole point all along. It's weird how the list of desirable in form 8.5m+ midfielders has disintegrated over the last month or so. :|

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Sammy the Crab wrote:
The Username wrote:Tempted to take a punt on Sanchez :arrow: Mata VS Villa, City and Chelsea. Then maybe bring in Sterling for Liverpools nice run, Sterling may be viable this week if Ibe returns or Sturridge misses games.

Feels like a tinker though with a game Vs Burnley on the horizon, cant help shake the feeling Sanchez might be done for the season due to tiredness.
As a Sterling owner I urge you to reconsider. 8.4m for a wing back is awful value, Henderson & Coutinho are far better options and are cheaper.

I'm torn between getting rid ASAP and holding for GW32 (Newcastle H).
Cheers mate, i think the prudent thing to do may be to monitor Sterling at the mo. Seems his potential has dried up since moving to wing back. But i can see his potential reigniting with Ibe due back for this GW and the possibility of Sturridge maybe missing games, surely this will see him become more advanced or moved in centrally.

On Mata, he is quality and a points machine if on form, Villa at home is tempting, followed by a switch to Zaha the following week (Sun A GW32, WBA H GW33, Hull H GW 34). HOHO.

Just to qualify i have a wildcard and will prob use it after DGW 34, so looking to attack the blank and weeks leading up DGW34, already have two Chelsea and a route into maxing DGW 34.

Creative thinking around the Sanchez situation is all.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Mata is a good punt, it's not often a differential with hiz FPL record pops up. The next two fixtures after Villa are a shame though.

Not sure Ibe will get back into the team, wasn't he only covering whilst Sturridge was out?

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

I think Mata will turn it on if picked regularly. The immediate fixtures put me off completely, but my ears will pop up if he keeps his place and delivers in them.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

I was thinking of swapping Sanchez to Silva this week but with Liverpool having Skrtel and possibly Lovren missing, I'm thinking of waiting a week.

Keep or sell?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I would keep for this week Ridley.

Think I'd rather have Sánchez (LIV) rather than Silva (cry).

If you save the transfer and address it later, it also means that you are better prepared for anything unexpected.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Carlos knows

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Can't take too much credit, I believe I talked him into keeping Sánchez over Silva last GW too, which wasn't too handy in terms of points.

I have consistently said that Sánchez has remained dangerous, and he's worth keeping though.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

With the blank coming up in GW33, it's a good excuse to get rid of him. Whether I can get him back or not and whether the extra cash can be better used elsewhere are key questions.

Looking forward to the Arsenal DGW, my ideal combination currently would be Sanchez, Ozil and Giroud. I can just about afford that if I keep Sanchez, but if I sell then the extra 0.5 becomes hard to find or incurs an extra transfer at least.

If I decide to ditch Sanchez completely then I could add in Cazorla, who may score as well, but I'm not sure where I'd invest the extra ~1.5 which makes the saving/value aspect almost irrelevant. It's all about points, not value now.

elliot
Treebeard

Post by elliot »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I would keep for this week Ridley.

Think I'd rather have Sánchez (LIV) rather than Silva (cry).

If you save the transfer and address it later, it also means that you are better prepared for anything unexpected.
Thanks Carlos. I think that post just about convinced me to wait another week!

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Glad I kept

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Took both Sanchez and Bellerin out this week :lol: :oops: :roll:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Those that sold him got what they deserved

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Not necessarily if they sold him a while ago. Depends when and who for when looking at if people are better or worse off

nickchild
FISOhead
FS Record: 180th Overall FPL and X-League Winner 2008/09

Post by nickchild »

1st sub... :evil:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

You benched Sanchez?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Lol

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Was torn between him and Eriksen. Silva, Hazard, Eriksen, Kane, Aguero plus doublers Austin and Phillips started for me, so there's still hope I made the correct call...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Philips over Sanchez was a brave call.

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Would've sold him had I decided on Henderson over Siggy, Fellaini or Downing for the long term, as part of my Costa IN plan. So I'm glad I didn't make my mind up as that plan now needs a rethink

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Sanchez form and possibility of being rested (either from the start or if Arsenal went 2 or 3 up) swung it for me

nickchild
FISOhead

Post by nickchild »

Looking on the bright side, at least I still have him for the Burnley game!

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Billy Bongo wrote:Those that sold him got what they deserved
Like my mini league leader, who sold him weeks ago and climbed into the top 100?

I wish I'd got rid for Ozil when he was injured. Not sure the recent goal and assist changes that (or is a reason for Sanchez owners to gloat).

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I'd have said those that sold him have (so far) got easily the better deal - not even close - i know it's only with hindsight or more would have done so

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Really does seem a bit silly to debate with the numbers available to look at. Since his return to full fitness (6 games ago) he has 5.16 ppg at a cost of 11.3 million. There are players like Henderson at 7 ppg (6.6 million) who were better over that time for cheaper and several who were at least equal if you consider the cost and ability to upgrade elsewhere. If anyone had to make a decision between Sanchez or Hazard at 7.66 ppg (11.2 million) or even those of us who went with Giroud rather than Sanchez for the attacking returns of Arsenal. (8.5 ppg). Those that stuck with him were not at fault but it is ridiculous to honestly believe those who dropped him were completely punished for it over this time frame.

bigmac12
Kevin and Perry

Post by bigmac12 »

Due to his blank this week and then Chelsea next week, I'm doing Sanchez > Fabregas.

Will get him back in for GW35.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

bigmac12 wrote:Due to his blank this week and then Chelsea next week, I'm doing Sanchez > Fabregas.

Will get him back in for GW35.
Done the same transfer this week but it may be GW36 when he reappears due to Liverpool having QPR at home 35

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

I am thinking of bringing him back for GW 36 due to Liverpool/QPR as well

I AM expecting a Sanchez rest at some point though. Wenger seems to have been threatening it for a while, no doubt during the DGW just to irritate everyone

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Razzler wrote:I am thinking of bringing him back for GW 36 due to Liverpool/QPR as well

I AM expecting a Sanchez rest at some point though. Wenger seems to have been threatening it for a while, no doubt during the DGW just to irritate everyone
Surely depends on the situation with the league at that point but it is not out of the question at all. If Chelsea wins the next two for the title and Arsenal is mathematically assured second or third (avoiding the CL playoff game) then I could see it being a very real possibility.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”