To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Juan Mata (Manchester United)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
elvushi
Treebeard

Re: Juan Mata (Manchester United)

Post by elvushi »

Put him in in with my WC this week as had upgraded Rooney to Aguero and wanted more Utd coverage for the next few weeks. Also brought in Jones and had ADM.

What now?

I assume the substitution was tactical? Not likely to start next week now?

Have had Oscar in the past and is on my radar again but would rather wait a week.

Other than Utd, have a max of 2 from other teams so not restricted.

Worth holding for one more roll of the dice?

Current MF is ADM, Hazard, Sanchez, Silva, (Mata)

Suggestions welcome.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Got a start when ADM suspended, kept his place v Liverpool today and got 2 goals.

Looks a good deal at 8.3 if he keeps playing?

I can replace Cazorla, Sterling or Eriksen with him. Tempted to get rid of Cazorla, much as I like him, to help with full team coverage on FA Cup semi-final weekend.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

United have City (H) and Chelsea (A) in the next 3

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Blue Fire wrote:United have City (H) and Chelsea (A) in the next 3
I think Mata is best avoided for the time being for this reason.

If he continues to do well through this tough run, and that is a big if, then of course he becomes a serious option for the run-in, but I still think we might have too many options with DGW players to fit him into our plans.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I rate Mata highly. He is absolute quality and Man Utd's top scoring midfielder despite limited minutes. The fixtures are off putting but also, I can't trust Van Gaul not to drop him again.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Are the fixtures really that difficult, Utd have turned over Spurs and Liverpool quite easily over the last couple of GW's. City could turn up or not and the Chelsea game (against his former team with a point to prove) is GW 33, were the pickings are slim. Hes than into a nice mini run of fixtures all the way up to DGW 37. Utd certainly have something to play for. I would be tempted if i had a wildcard up my sleeve to change pre/post GW 34.

He also offers a direct route if you were so inclined funds wise to Sanchez :arrow: Mata, Giroud :arrow: Costa depending on what some might have tied up in Sanchez.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I've gone for Sterling -> Mata, on the basis of "form over fixtures" for attacking players.

It's a hunch but I reckon he's one more decent performance away from being the game's next "must have" midfielder. He *could* get dropped but United look a lot better with him in, and Van Gaal has already benched Di Maria for one game to keep him in.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Really tempted to bring him in for Cazorla but still not sure he's set in the team. Of course if he is the game this week could be another big haul I miss out on... :?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

DrBunker wrote:Really tempted to bring him in for Cazorla but still not sure he's set in the team. Of course if he is the game this week could be another big haul I miss out on... :?
Likewise.

I guess the sensible option is to wait a couple of weeks, giving us chance to see if his place in the team is cemented, and getting the tricky City/Chelsea fixtures out of the way. Although, as you say, there is a decent chance of him getting a haul this weekend...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”