To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Who To Bench Thread 2014-15

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Re: Who To Bench Thread 2014-15

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

This might help - Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that the attack-saboteur Balotelli is injured, giving Sterling a chance of doing something useful this time. If I'd known Balotelli was going to play both DGW matches, I never would have bothered with Liverpool midfielders.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

Thanks for the advice Maverick, I like ctibbits can't bring myself to bench a Liverpool mid at home to the worst defence in the league, so at the moment, it may be Vardy (against the second worst defence in the league!). I think Sterling and Fabregas have to play, so its really a toss up between Henderson and Vardy. I know whoever I pick will be the wrong one!

Mose, I think I like your dilemma even less, that is an outrageously strong bench this week. I would play Terry and Bertrand. The last place is a coin toss and could go to anyone. It depends on your attitude to risk. Just purely looking at odds for clean sheet, I think you have to play Alder. In terms of potential attacking points, PVA has been hugely attacking in the last few games but Moreno could play wing back and Alder could play in midfield (not sure if this adds to his attacking threat though). I would probably play alder, but you may not want to double up on Soton away from home, in which case I would play PVA, due to risk that Moreno gets benched and comes on for a few minutes. Ridiculously tough though.

helmethead
FISOhead

Post by helmethead »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Bench Vlaar (Everton H) or PVA (Southampton H)

Both exactly the same clean sheet odds but I'm thinking to start PVA due to his attacking threat. Sensible?
I am playing PVA for that reason as well, so I agree it is sensible

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

wibble_mcwoo wrote:This might help - Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that the attack-saboteur Balotelli is injured, giving Sterling a chance of doing something useful this time. If I'd known Balotelli was going to play both DGW matches, I never would have bothered with Liverpool midfielders.
Although Lambert could play I guess, but he at least is a team player who may not just shoot from every angle and he picked up a lot of assist for Saints showing that he can actually pass the ball. Either no, no Balotelli is bound to be better for the attacking prospects of any Liverpool player.

t88
Treebeard

Post by t88 »

Who to play???
Kelvin Davis (away at SUN) or Schmeichel (home to NEW) ?
Van Aanholt (home to SOU) or Bellerin (away to HUL) ?

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

ctibbits wrote:
Aar0n_28 wrote:So at the moment I plan on playing Ivan, Clyne & Bellerin and benching Moreno. Sound ok? Or is there a feeling that Moreno should come in for Bellerin?

I'm also tempted to bench Henderson and play Kane but could do with opinions there also. I'll be fielding Coutinho so don't really want to go 'balls out' on Liverpool.
The Bellerin/Moreno decision is a tough one and I cant really advise either way. Liverpool look awful but so does QPR. Hull seems to be riding a bit of a high after the two wins so that is something to consider. As far as Kane vs Henderson, I would bench Henderson in a second. City has not been the defensive force of old by any stretch of the imagination.
Nice one, thanks a lot for the input. I'm pretty set on benching Henderson now and might head towards Bellerin in defence.

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

Bench one of:
Remy (CRY) [Who is purportedly fit to play]
Henderson (QPR)
Coutinho (QPR)

Leaning towards Henderson, the fact that he is on penalties is what makes the decision between Coutinho and him tough!

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

arv wrote:Bench one of:
Henderson (QPR)
Coutinho (QPR)

Leaning towards Henderson, the fact that he is on penalties is what makes the decision between Coutinho and him tough!
Absolutely one of the Liverpool players but just like picking which midfielders to get for the DGW it is a toss up.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

I know I mentioned it would be madness to bench a Liverpool mid against the worse defence in the league but is there not a valid reason to bench one if you have two of them and play the likes of Albrighton home to Newcastle? I only got him on my team to be a cheap enabler on the bench anyway but he has been in scintillating form as of late and it would split the misery if Liverpool fails yet again.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Should I play Schlupp or van Aanholt?

My concern is that Schlupp will play under 60 minutes, do you think that is a valid concern?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

My new dilemma is Moreno or Schlupp?

I think Moreno will score more points if both play the full game, but I guess it's more a judgement on who is likely to get the most minutes? Don't fancy a one pointer!

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Finisher1 wrote:Should I play Schlupp or van Aanholt?

My concern is that Schlupp will play under 60 minutes, do you think that is a valid concern?
Is there a reason you think he would play less than 60 mins? If it is not something sound then I think you should play him. Newcastle could get the fortunate goal but I surely wouldn't count on it and you can almost guarantee they will give up more than 1.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Notned wrote:My new dilemma is Moreno or Schlupp?

I think Moreno will score more points if both play the full game, but I guess it's more a judgement on who is likely to get the most minutes? Don't fancy a one pointer!
Hell man even if you knew for a fact they would both get 90 mins I am not sure who I would choose out of those two. :? Good luck with that one!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ctibbits wrote:

Is there a reason you think he would play less than 60 mins? If it is not something sound then I think you should play him. Newcastle could get the fortunate goal but I surely wouldn't count on it and you can almost guarantee they will give up more than 1.
Well he didn't play at all in DGW and there was a tweet "he will be available" against Newcastle. It just sounds risky to me.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Finisher1 wrote:
ctibbits wrote:

Well he didn't play at all in DGW and there was a tweet "he will be available" against Newcastle. It just sounds risky to me.
:oops: Hadn't even noticed he missed the DGW as I changes form him to Morgan last minute. Is there a history of Schlupp coming in late over the season or has it been he starts or nothing. That would be what I based my decision on. Seems like there is a lot more chance of reward with Newcastle at home than Southampton at home though.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Actually good point ctibbits, he has a history of sometimes playing only 61, 65 or 70 minutes. I don't know if that is an advantage or disadvantage though, since this also includes a chance he will be subsituted after 60 minutes and hence the possible clean sheet would be secured :lol:

To be honest I don't know if those substitutions were made when they were chasing though, and I'm too lazy to check at the monent :lol:

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Finisher1 wrote:Actually good point ctibbits, he has a history of sometimes playing only 61, 65 or 70 minutes. I don't know if that is an advantage or disadvantage though, since this also includes a chance he will be subsituted after 60 minutes and hence the possible clean sheet would be secured :lol:

To be honest I don't know if those substitutions were made when they were chasing though, and I'm too lazy to check at the monent :lol:
Glass half full thinking right there! :lol: :lol:

Innes
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 10,000 in FPL

Post by Innes »

Playing Ospina, Schlupp and N'Doye ahead of Schmeichel, Janmaat and Albrighton currently... seem right?

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Innes wrote:Playing Ospina, Schlupp and N'Doye ahead of Schmeichel, Janmaat and Albrighton currently... seem right?
Probably so. I might flip flop between Ospina and Schmeichel

Innes
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 10,000 in FPL

Post by Innes »

Cheers. Tempted with going with one of Ospina and N'Doye, playing Schmeichel/Albrighton, thus backing Hull to score/not score!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Hyperthetically, would you play Bertrand (sun) or PvA (SOU)?

Odds of a Saints clean sheet are 2.37, Sunderland 3.75, while Bertrand is also more likely to score according to William Hill (8.00 vs 9.00). Can't help but think that PvA has a pretty good chance of assisting though as his goal attempt involvement stats are right up there.

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

Pantilimon or Davis which goalkeeper to start.
Postby stripes1973 » 01 May 2015, 19:23

Currently have pants in goal, but don't know whether to keep him or go with Davis.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Well, the clean sheet odds are in Davis favour so I'd play him. Obviously there's no attacking points available, although I'd expect Pantilimon to get more saves due to the nature of Southampton's good defence. Probably not enough to overcome the odds. To be honest though, I don't really fancy either for a clean sheet.

t88
Treebeard

Post by t88 »

Who to play???

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

So do you fancy sunderland to score then, I hope your right. :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

t88 wrote:Who to play???
What factors are you considering already?

t88
Treebeard

Post by t88 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Have 2 Chelsea defenders and a non playing defender Bruce who is probably benched by Bruce Sr so it's only between PVA and Bellerin

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

t88 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
Have 2 Chelsea defenders and a non playing defender Bruce who is probably benched by Bruce Sr so it's only between PVA and Bellerin
I actually meant what have you considered between PvA and Bellerin? If you chose right now without anyone else's opinion, what would you base your choice on?

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

ctibbits wrote:
arv wrote:Bench one of:
Henderson (QPR)
Coutinho (QPR)

Absolutely one of the Liverpool players but just like picking which midfielders to get for the DGW it is a toss up.
Thanks, on further thought, I'm now considering playing both Hendo and Coutinho, and benching Silva (tot) instead...I hope this isn't crazy. :shock:

t88
Treebeard

Post by t88 »

Mav3rick wrote:
t88 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
I actually meant what have you considered between PvA and Bellerin? If you chose right now without anyone else's opinion, what would you base your choice on?
Would probably choose bellerin as arsenal would get the bulk of possession and limit hull to a few shots And keep either a clean sheet or limit hull to one at most.
Think Southampton is a good side and they are scoring a few last time around vs spurs. I don't think Sunderland is able to keep a clean sheet.

Goalkeepers is another story. Not sure who to pick. Think I'll flip a coin?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”