To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pubtalk & Matchday Banter 2014 - 15

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pubtalk & Matchday Banter 2014 - 15

Post by Mav3rick »

Everton (to face Man United): Howard, Baines, Stones, Jagielka (c), Coleman, Barry, McCarthy, Osman, Barkley, Lennon, Lukaku.
De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, McNair, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Young, Rooney.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:Everton (to face Man United): Howard, Baines, Stones, Jagielka (c), Coleman, Barry, McCarthy, Osman, Barkley, Lennon, Lukaku.
Seems decent team to me, I wonder why they have been beaten by everyone all season? Oh wait, yes, they wanted out of Europa League as soon as possible, and they also want to finish as low as possible in Premier League just in order to avoid Europa League :lol:

I think you liquidfootball2 have very strong defence mechanisms :lol:
Last edited by Finisher1 on 26 Apr 2015, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

Finisher1 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:Should owners of Liverpool's players be concerned when the race to finish out of the Europa League is on

Now that Liverpool's top-four ambitions look effectively dead, the question has to be asked whether they would be better off finishing seventh rather than in the top six. The latter yields a place in the dreaded Europa League, and all the attendant dreariness that entails - Thursday night football, long journeys to out-of-the-way footballing outposts and the inevitably corrosive impact on Premier League form. Brendan Rodgers would never admit it, of course, and Liverpool's competitive instincts are such that they will always seek to finish as high as possible. True, seventh place could still result in Europa League football (provided Aston Villa win the FA Cup), but if there is a way of avoiding the most disliked competition in football, it would be plain common sense to take it.
So I have assumed you are Everton fan?

That makes sense, since all these pathetic complaints about Europa League just rise from the fact that your team was beaten this season in Europa League by total football "outposts" :lol:

Just get used to the fact that your team is not at good European standard so that's why you lose in Europe.
That's a pretty unpleasant post.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

White Tiger wrote: That's a pretty unpleasant post.
Similarly unpleasant is the continuous trolling by liquidfootball2 about Europa League. As a football fan from small football country I think it is very unrespectful to always mock Europa League, since I know how important this competition is for the vast majority of European countries.

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

Finisher1 wrote:
White Tiger wrote: That's a pretty unpleasant post.
Similarly unpleasant is the continuous trolling by liquidfootball2 about Europa League. As a football fan from small football country I think it is very unrespectful to always mock Europa League, since I know how important this competition is for the vast majority of European countries.
Ah, ok. I unwittingly stumbled into an ongoing spat.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

One of the most poorly-observed minute's silences I've ever heard.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

In fairness to liquid, there is a difference between mocking the competition as a whole and stating that it might (in recent years at least) be a hindrance to the likes of Liverpool/Spurs/Everton in their ultimate goal of Champions League qualification, which is probably true.

If it's important to clubs from the rest of Europe then great, but that doesn't mean it has to be important to everyone. What's laughable to me is the level of difference in tv revenue/prize money between CL and Europa - with the current money structure even a longish run in the competition is pretty meaningless financially to most PL clubs given the levels of income they run at, and doesn't reward those from other leagues as well as it should either.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

A brilliantly-taken goal from Ireland's James McCarthy. 8-)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

What a goal, McCarthy would have ripped his legs off to get there.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Stemania wrote:In fairness to liquid, there is a difference between mocking the competition as a whole and stating that it might (in recent years at least) be a hindrance to the likes of Liverpool/Spurs/Everton in their ultimate goal of Champions League qualification, which is probably true.

If it's important to clubs from the rest of Europe then great, but that doesn't mean it has to be important to everyone. What's laughable to me is the level of difference in tv revenue/prize money between CL and Europa - with the current money structure even a longish run in the competition is pretty meaningless financially to most PL clubs given the levels of income they run at, and doesn't reward those from other leagues as well as it should either.
A lot of the problem is a) it's two games too many to win the thing, and b) it should be played on alternating weeks with the CL, then it won't feel like an afterthought. I'd prefer knockout rounds in the winter leading up to 'semi final' group stage, and no CL dropouts which just cheapens it.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:In fairness to liquid, there is a difference between mocking the competition as a whole and stating that it might (in recent years at least) be a hindrance to the likes of Liverpool/Spurs/Everton in their ultimate goal of Champions League qualification, which is probably true.

He stated "the dreaded Europa League, and all the attendant dreariness that entails" and "the most disliked competition in football". I think that is mocking the competition as a whole.

When my team HJK Helsinki qualified for Europa League group stage this season it was a huge party in the whole country as we finally achieved some international success in football and were able to see our team playing against European top teams. When we later beat FC Torino and FC Copenhagen in our home field, those were the best football matches I have ever attended.

So "the most disliked competition in football" is simply not true.

I know it's not the same thing for English clubs, but even for them Europa League is not "best avoided", simply because professional footballers always want to achieve international success, and more importantly, because the winner of Europa League qualifies for Champions League.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stones (Baines)

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Stones (Baines)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I did laugh when Van Gaal was saying yesterday that the only reason they haven't challenged for the title this year was their poor start to the season.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

@ Finisher1

Totally agree with what you've said there, it's just that it doesn't work as well as it should for the big clubs. I don't think it's only English clubs that suffer either, Inter have clearly struggled domestically because of it.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

The curse of the Europa League is greatly exaggerated, it's mostly down to regression.

Fact is most teams that will finish 5th-7th are usually over achievers, and are more likely to do worse next season anyway, rather than break into the Champions League places.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Can't quite decide what I want to happen with Chelsea's lineup today as a rare Costa owner.

It's probably better for me if he doesn't make today so that there's every chance he'll start on Wednesday against Leicester. On the other hand if he starts today the chances of him starting on Wednesday don't feel so great.

Maybe best case scenario is for him to be on the bench today, but that doesn't seem likely with a hamstring - if you're not fit enough to start then a 30 minute cameo won't help you.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

No striker for Chelsea... José!

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Mirallas (Barkley)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

AFC: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

(subs: Szczesny, Debuchy, Gibbs, Wilshere, Walcott, Flamini, Welbeck)

CFC: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Oscar, Willian, Hazard.

(subs: Cech, Filipe Luis, Zouma, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek, Cuadrado, Drogba)

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Hazard playing as a striker. Thats what I like to see!

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Can't wait for this game now :D

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

swadd1er wrote:Stones (Baines)
I've got Stones on the bench and his appearance in my starting 11 will no doubt be scuppered by the re-appearance of Moreno later in the week. :roll:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Looking at that lineup I actually think it will be Oscar (or even Fabregas) as striker.

I'd expect Hazard to remain on the left.

firestarter197
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL 3,002 in 2011/12, 6,583 in 2017/18

Post by firestarter197 »

swadd1er wrote:Hazard playing as a striker. Thats what I like to see!

Sure it's not fabregas? matic and ramires in the middle, hazard and willian on the wings, with Fabregas as a false 9 and oscar in the hole behind him.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Stemania wrote:Looking at that lineup I actually think it will be Oscar (or even Fabregas) as striker.

I'd expect Hazard to remain on the left.
I think it will be interchangeable really, but for the most of it Hazard will definitely be the most advanced seeing as Oscar and Willian provide greater defensive cover.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I agree with firestarter. Looks like

----Matic-----Ramires----
Willian---Fab/Osc---Hazard
-----------Osc/Fab----------

to me.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Fàbregas will probably play in goal.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Stemania wrote:I agree with firestarter. Looks like

----Matic-----Ramires----
Willian---Fab/Osc---Hazard
-----------Osc/Fab----------

to me.
More like

Courtois
All outfied players behind the halfway line
Hazard

:lol:

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Fàbregas will probably play in goal.
What about Courtois then? :wink: :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”