To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Defensive gems?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Defensive gems?

Post by SuperGrover »

bigcliff2 wrote:Bellerin or Zouma? Which one of these is the better pick?
Bellerin for game time and attacking potential, Zouma for CS potential.

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

Anyone know whether PvA is likely to start against Villa?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

He's glued on. :lol:

Seriously though, I think he'll play, as Poyet has left him out when he has concerns about the opponents height and doesn't mind sacrificing creativity.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

It's a real pain to own PVA at the moment. The worst thing is that if he doesn't start he'll likely come on for a point - and that's the opposite of what you want as you can't really cover him with a bench player.

I'll be selling as soon as my plans allow, but unfortunately that probably won't be until around GW32. If I didn't need the 0.1m elsewhere I'd probably be tempted to take him out for Naughton for a hit next week, as I think those points will more than repayed in the transfer-intensive run up to GW33/34. He's going to cost a hit at some point anyway, and it might be best to nip it in the bud early rather than suffer the slow death. :|

cakey
Treebeard

Post by cakey »

I'm tempted to chop him for Bellerin. I have 2 free transfers and nothing I really want to do.

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

I'm looking to upgrade trippier and have £6m to spend, any suggestions?.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Potters82 wrote:I'm looking to upgrade trippier and have £6m to spend, any suggestions?.
£6m?? :shock: Ivan, and while you're at it get Terry as well.

DavidLuiz4
Wideboy

Post by DavidLuiz4 »

The last time I checked Ivan was £7.5m and Terry was £6.6m.

All £6mil would get you is either the first few chapters of the John Terry How to Have a Successful Marriage Handbook or the entirety of "How to Put Your Meathead on Almost Every Corner" - An Autobiagraphy by Branislav Ivanovic. But not both, obviously.

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

gallus wrote:
Potters82 wrote:I'm looking to upgrade trippier and have £6m to spend, any suggestions?.
£6m?? :shock: Ivan, and while you're at it get Terry as well.
I meant I have 1.2m in the bank so have 6m all together.

Libero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO Prime Minister 2015; Decathlon Gold 2016, 2019

Post by Libero »

Hutton: will he get back into this improving Villa side after a strong performance and 2 assists from Bacuna?

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Is Lowton now nailed on at left back? Need a 4.2 defender for next week and he looks the best bet.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Given Sherwood's record and his talk in interviews of Villa not being set up to get men behind the ball, I'd avoid them all anyway.

Swansea is their last decent fixture until GW38, so time to sell Hutton I think and not the time to be jumping on board (unless you have the wildcard in hand as Sammy does and are looking for a decent fixture in GW30 only).

bentapp
FISOhead

Post by bentapp »

Bellerin being rotated is annoying me, I want nailed-on defenders who play every game and Arsenal don't play GW 33 either. I guess if Arsenal get knocked out of Europe this week then Bellerin is less likely to get rotated with Chambers as they'll have less games to play and Bellerin seems first choice until Debuchy is back? Best other defenders for 4.6 or less (I already have Naughton and O'Shea)? I quite fancy a Stoke defender but Wollscheid is still injured, Pieters nailed? Get got taken off for Cameron at Ht at the weekend but seems to always play otherwise?

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

bentapp wrote:Bellerin being rotated is annoying me, I want nailed-on defenders who play every game and Arsenal don't play GW 33 either. I guess if Arsenal get knocked out of Europe this week then Bellerin is less likely to get rotated with Chambers as they'll have less games to play and Bellerin seems first choice until Debuchy is back? Best other defenders for 4.6 or less (I already have Naughton and O'Shea)? I quite fancy a Stoke defender but Wollscheid is still injured, Pieters nailed? Get got taken off for Cameron at Ht at the weekend but seems to always play otherwise?
Ospina.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

bentapp wrote:Bellerin being rotated is annoying me, I want nailed-on defenders who play every game and Arsenal don't play GW 33 either. I guess if Arsenal get knocked out of Europe this week then Bellerin is less likely to get rotated with Chambers as they'll have less games to play and Bellerin seems first choice until Debuchy is back? Best other defenders for 4.6 or less (I already have Naughton and O'Shea)? I quite fancy a Stoke defender but Wollscheid is still injured, Pieters nailed? Get got taken off for Cameron at Ht at the weekend but seems to always play otherwise?
Bellerin is the #1 choice and is being rotated cause of CL games if they get knock out tonite (really hope not) then he should be safe since they want to make the push for top 4 it should also be noted Debushy is back in training

fplfanatic
Wideboy

Post by fplfanatic »

How likely is Hutton to come back into the starting 11 for Villa's next game?

Also , PvA - is he likely to be Sunderland's first choice LB?

Have both of them in my team. Just concerned incase they have both lost their starting place in the starting 11. Is anyone getting rid? Thanks :)

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

fplfanatic wrote:How likely is Hutton to come back into the starting 11 for Villa's next game?
100%
Also , PvA - is he likely to be Sunderland's first choice LB?
he's their only LB, but sadly that doesn't mean he's their best LB
Have both of them in my team. Just concerned incase they have both lost their starting place in the starting 11. Is anyone getting rid? Thanks :)
I got rid of both because Hutton is an asshole and PvA is the worst marker in the league

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

Anyone Burnley fans know why Keane was dropped for Duff last GW?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

So do we think Dawson is likely to get a retrospective ban then?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:So do we think Dawson is likely to get a retrospective ban then?
Almost certain - apparently the ref admitted it was mistaken identity at half time meaning it should be transferred.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Stemania wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:So do we think Dawson is likely to get a retrospective ban then?
Almost certain - apparently the ref admitted it was mistaken identity at half time meaning it should be transferred.
How many games, one or three?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Last man professional foul, so just one.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

In which case I'll add Dawson to my list of brilliant cheap defender picks since the Jan wildcard :lol:

Luckily I've got Alderweireld to play instead, but he is away at Everton so I'd have preferred to play Dawson.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

How didn't John O' Shea get a ban then? Or have I missed something?

Innes
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 10,000 in FPL

Post by Innes »

barney0288 wrote:How didn't John O' Shea get a ban then? Or have I missed something?
Because the ref maintained he meant to send off brown and not o'shea, I believe.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Innes wrote:
barney0288 wrote:How didn't John O' Shea get a ban then? Or have I missed something?
Because the ref maintained he meant to send off brown and not o'shea, I believe.
Correct. The ref has to admit in his match report that it was mistaken identity. Otherwise it's just treated as wrongful dismissal. Stupid rule, but there you go - don't know why they can't just ask the ref to attend the appeal and look at the footage.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

As we all pretty much knew from posts above anyway, but confirmed:
West Brom have decided not to appeal against the red card they received in Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Manchester City.

Following referee Neil Swarbrick's admission that he sent off the wrong man at the Etihad Stadium, the FA will switch the card from Gareth McAuley to Craig Dawson.

It means Dawson will serve an automatic one-match suspension and miss the Premier League encounter with QPR at the Hawthorns on 4 April.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/31117169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bentapp
FISOhead

Post by bentapp »

Bellerin out, Pieters in. At least Pieters should play every game and I'll only play him for strong Stoke fixtures, sick of Bellerin being rested and even worse brought on for 2 mins!!! :x

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Who is the best West Brom defender to bring in this week? Looking at McAuley who is £4.8m but only played 1 minute v City despite playing the games before that so is he a risk when Dawson returns?

Lescott is the obvious one at £5.1m but looking to save funds to bring in Costa for the DGW.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:Who is the best West Brom defender to bring in this week? Looking at McAuley who is £4.8m but only played 1 minute v City despite playing the games before that so is he a risk when Dawson returns?

Lescott is the obvious one at £5.1m but looking to save funds to bring in Costa for the DGW.
The reason McAuley only played 1 minute is because he was wrongly sent off instead of Dawson. Given that he played 90 minutes in the preceding 15 games, I'd say he's about as nailed on as can be.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”