To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Another Suarez ban?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Re: Another Suarez ban?

Post by Jagduracell »

Stemania wrote:
lurker wrote: He wanted to win so he bit Chielini to spark a reaction, hopefully an elbow so that he could drop like sack of spuds and con the referee into giving a penalty and maybe see the Italians down to 10 men and Uruguay 1-0 up.
Weren't the Italians already down to 10 men and Uruguay 1-0 up when it happened? I don't believe for a second it was premeditated.
No, they scored after the 'incident' (but they were already down to 10 men)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Half right is an improvement for me. 8-) :mrgreen:

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

lurker wrote:
Giggs11 wrote:Like I said, what happens when someone really gets his back up.

What did Chiellini do exactly murf?
I didn't watch the game but in the incident he seemed to simply stand his ground.
Theres no 'red mist', theres no counselling needed, its a calculated con-job, moonlightdribblers VT shows that he performs premeditated attacks on a regular basis
I can't agree with this. There's no way he'd premeditate a bite as he knows how bad the repercussions would be as he's already done it twice and received lengthy bans. It would have been totally in the moment. We all saw him shaking his head as he walked off the pitch. He knows he screwed up badly.

I refer back to old brain / limbic system. That's where this kind of behaviour would come from. It's not something he had control over at the time and that's what he needs counselling for.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

moonlightdribbler wrote:At least Cattermole doesn't try and make out he's the one who's been 'done'...

I've seen most of those before but what is striking is how frequently he seems to make the challenge in such a way as to appear to be fouled himself. Cattermole is just as reckless but in an odd way he's more 'honest' about it... :?

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

Face it, he's one unhinged, horrible little bustard.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

lurker wrote:

I didn't watch the game but in the incident he seemed to simply stand his ground.
Theres no 'red mist', theres no counselling needed, its a calculated con-job, moonlightdribblers VT shows that he performs premeditated attacks on a regular basis

The Italian defence kept him from getting goals, so he was going out

He wanted to win so he bit Chielini to spark a reaction, hopefully an elbow so that he could drop like sack of spuds and con the referee into giving a penalty and maybe see the Italians down to 10 men and Uruguay 1-0 up.

He did it in the last world cup with his handball off the line.He's a cheat. On the biggest footballing stage.

He should be banned from international matches for passed the next world cup and get a painfully long immediate ban. Uruguay should be thrown out and the Italians put through.
:lol:

A handball on the line is not pre-meditated and nor was the bite. No idea why he bit (frustration?) but it is spur of the moment stuff.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

But do you believe it to be the action of a sane person? I believe it to be the reaction of a nutcase.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Giggs11 wrote:But do you believe it to be the action of a sane person? I believe it to be the reaction of a nutcase.
He obviously has some mental issues and he flips in some way - everyone who knows him says he is normally a really nice, gentle guy but when he crosses the white line he really loves winning and hates losing (possibly the root of it?)

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

He'll be at Real or Barca next season.

Lock thread.

lurker
Red & Blue Braces

Post by lurker »

murf wrote:
lurker wrote:

The Italian defence kept him from getting goals, so he was going out

He wanted to win so he bit Chielini to spark a reaction, hopefully an elbow so that he could drop like sack of spuds and con the referee into giving a penalty and maybe see the Italians down to 10 men and Uruguay 1-0 up.

He did it in the last world cup with his handball off the line.He's a cheat. On the biggest footballing stage.

He should be banned from international matches for passed the next world cup and get a painfully long immediate ban. Uruguay should be thrown out and the Italians put through.
:lol:

A handball on the line is not pre-meditated and nor was the bite. No idea why he bit (frustration?) but it is spur of the moment stuff.
Yeah the handball was a split second reaction, I'm not saying that was premeditated, but its the action of a cheat. Last night I've no doubt he went into the penalty box with the thought '' There's 10 minutes left of my world cup unless we get a goal, and i'll do anything to get one''

Given the opportunity he would have
- had a shot at goal - didn't get the chance;
- taken a dive if the defender gave him the opportunity - didn't get the chance
- cause the defender to react so he could take a dive - ''shall I stamp on his toes? give him a pinch? naah, lets give him a nibble'' - BINGO!!!

For me Its not a reaction to anything Chielinis done in the moment of that cross/attack, a reaction to me is instant - not something that's taken even 5-10 seconds to ponder, hes probably had it cross his mind while hes lingering up front in the latter stages of the game, maybe even when hes getting into the box for the attack.

Tyson wasn't allowed to fight for around 18 months after his bite, and that's a sport where a battering is a good thing. And it was his first time

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

I'm not with you all the way but think there's some logic to the bit about the lack of provocation. Either he's is crazily easy to provoke or it's something else. Surely even he cannot be that loony to have thought that having a nibble might end well for him. :?

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

6 game international ban is what im hearing now, however Uruguay will appeal so Suarez will stay play next game.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Phil Thompson: Luis Suarez 'bite' has 'shamed and embarrassed' Liverpool.

He thinks selling him would now be the best option.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -liverpool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Papers are saying Barce still want him for £80m.

Think Liverpool would take it now. ...

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

So the Uraguayans are saying English, Spanish and Italian media are going for him. Has he killed his cash cow? So it's France or Germany then :D

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Must be Monaco, a place where they take winners at all costs. Principles don't come in to it.

GobiLux
FISOhead

Post by GobiLux »

On a Fantasy level it makes it more interesting if he moves on. One template player gone!

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

GobiLux wrote:On a Fantasy level it makes it more interesting if he moves on. One template player gone!
Definitely. Would make picking the strikers far more interesting, not to mention captaincy choices!

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

9 matches 4 months

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

jimmy ching wrote:9 matches 4 months
By current fixtures, that's 9 Premiership matches missed as well as the 9 Internationals.

1st one back would be Newcastle away on November 1st.

Good news for me - misses the Anfield derby!

Doesn't affect FPL, but will mean missing 3 Champions League matches and a League Cup one.

Anyone have any idea if he's even allowed to play friendlies / reserve games?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Achiles74 wrote:6 game international ban is what im hearing now, however Uruguay will appeal so Suarez will stay play next game.
Who were your sources?

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
Achiles74 wrote:6 game international ban is what im hearing now, however Uruguay will appeal so Suarez will stay play next game.
Who were your sources?

the voices in his head probably.... its already been said by FIFA he's banned regardless of any appeal

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

Scottoffee wrote:
Anyone have any idea if he's even allowed to play friendlies / reserve games?
He is banned from any football activity, he can't even enter any stadium.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ng-uruguay

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

The question for Colombia is whether this appeal now means he'll be available and may well play a part in sending them home.

Surprised has said that FIFA have stated he's out of the game, I hadn't heard this other than as part of the original sentence, but hope it's true.

Now seems to be confirmed as according to The Guardian's Owen Gibson:-

Although Uruguay can appeal the decision, it will not stop Suárez being banned from Saturday’s match because under article 124 of the Fifa disciplinary code it does not have a “suspensive effect”.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Stemania wrote:
Bron Yr Aur wrote:
Stemania wrote:Overblown again for me. I don't really understand why everyone thinks what he's done is so much worth than a headbutt, punch or two footed challenge. It's just weird if anything. :roll:
He's been caught committing the same disgusting, cowardly offence THREE times!
Yes, but in different seasons and different comps under different governing bodies.

Even then, the likes of Cattermole are sent off multiple times for 2 footed challenges, but the ban is the same every time if it's their first of the season.

Are you seriously comparing a bad tackle (tackles are still part of the game) with biting another human?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

As someone who has been on the receiving end of a lot of very bad tackles, one resulted in me not being able to play football anymore, at least on a high (professional) level, I can honestly say that I think that I would rather be bitten than to face another horror tackle again. Of course this sounds very stupid. It's more that Suarez's behavior is totally inexcusable and it is also in the context of public opinion and imaging.

That said, of course forming a hand gesture to make a political statement is worse than a bite ;)

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

From4corners wrote:That said, of course forming a hand gesture to make a political statement is worse than a bite ;)
These aren't "hand gestured political statements"
st1_2.jpg
This is
st1.jpg
... on whatever scale (imo) the former is worse than biting/spitting ... the latter a small part of making the world a better place. Please let's not confuse brave political stances with ignorance and bigotry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Rickie Lambert anyone?

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

gooberman wrote:Rickie Lambert anyone?
Yesterday on the other thread Tacalabala wrote:Well, Lambert is definitely starting in my FPL team...
:P

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

gunnersaurus wrote:
Stemania wrote:
Bron Yr Aur wrote:
Stemania wrote:Overblown again for me. I don't really understand why everyone thinks what he's done is so much worth than a headbutt, punch or two footed challenge. It's just weird if anything. :roll:
He's been caught committing the same disgusting, cowardly offence THREE times!
Yes, but in different seasons and different comps under different governing bodies.

Even then, the likes of Cattermole are sent off multiple times for 2 footed challenges, but the ban is the same every time if it's their first of the season.

Are you seriously comparing a bad tackle (tackles are still part of the game) with biting another human?
Some tackles are premeditated assault, why is biting worse?

Look at this , and Souness pointing to his sock same way Suarez did his teeth, and tell me Suarez bite was worse

This is almost gbh!!

http://youtu.be/ygVgxYa3mlo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”